• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

i7wtxlib1cemr.gif

Oh god haha.

ZERO SLEEPS

until Game of Thrones tonight.

One sleep until dat E3.

Midnight isn't necessary, awkward if anything.
It's the worry of not having it on release day more than anything.
I always do the midnight launch, and it feels like that's when I get the sleepiest, usually asleep by 0200. Seeing as I will be on vacation, I plan on conditioning my sleep schedule by staying up later and later on the preceding weekend, then starting and finishing the campaign release morning, sleeping, and then waking up to some Halo 4 multiplayer.

Wow... since I was last here you guys have gone through not 1, not 2, but 7 halo threads. That's over 14,000 posts :O I think I stopped posting a little before the last map pack was released, so I haven't played on the installation 04 firefight map yet.

I've been busy since I stopped playing, though. I got sober, got married, have a baby on the way, and I'm almost done with my poli sci major. I noticed Halo 4 was coming out yesterday, so I decided to drop in and say hi.

I still don't have an xbox but hopefully I'll get one before Halo 4 comes out. Speaking of which, where can I go to get all the juicy Halo 4 info and unverified rumors? I'm totally in the dark (and naked).

I still don't have an xbox but hopefully I'll get one before Halo 4 comes out. Speaking of which, where can I go to get all the juicy Halo 4 info and unverified rumors? I'm totally in the dark (and naked).
Welcome back.

I'd go through the OPs of the OTs as one might say it. Ghal's been good about noting what significant comes out as it comes out.

senador

Banned
Free Release Date Shipping? Is that Amazon Prime? Or is any order above $25 free to ship like how it is with Amazon UK?

Just that I doubt the free shipping will get it to me on release date.

Dunno about UK, but in the US it's $1 I think for release day delivery or free with Prime. I've done it several times and for my location I get deliveries by 9AM. I'm done with midnight launches. Fuck GameStop.

Risen

I always do the midnight launch, and it feels like that's when I get the sleepiest, usually asleep by 0200. Seeing as I will be on vacation, I plan on conditioning my sleep schedule by staying up later and later on the preceding weekend, then starting and finishing the campaign release morning, sleeping, and then waking up to some Halo 4 multiplayer.

Think I will do the midnight release for H4. Did for H3 and Reach. Definitely sucks standing in a line as the oldest guy there smelling the unwashed nerds around me but its become a tradition with few long time friends to play through the campaign in the wee hours of the morning, and hop in multiplayer release day/night.

I hope my Gamestop runs a tourny again to pass the time. I've managed to walk away with free copies of H3 and Reach in the past. Would hate to break the tradition of slapping kids on LAN one last time before the next game.

Poster from the Nintendo Direct thread said:
If Sunshine had been an original game without any trace of the Mario IP it would probably be remembered as a great platformer. But as a Mario game it has standards to live up to and falls a little short in comparison to other titles. I think it's a rock solid game, regardless.

I guess the fanbases aren't too different after all.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So... I'm working from home tomorrow now because my apartment's "maintenance team" is doing "fixes on my apartment" that "require" me to be here...

Look at all of you people skipping work to watch E3. You all should be fired.

Except you.

[boss]
Lol, that's what you think. My "day job" is developing live/interactive science & technology programs for a science center. I've already got it off and paid for in the name of product & industry research.
[/boss]

Holy shit, less than 24 hours.

Can't wait to finally see legitimate gameplay other than 10 sec clips and barnyard shenanigans.

Look at all of you people skipping work to watch E3. You all should be fired.

Except you.

Work made me take my paid vacation back in January, due to a turn of events, it went from the 2nd week in May to the 1st week in June.

I couldn't be any happier :'D.

GhaleonEB

You know what's really exciting? My sabbatical starts in 10 days, 13 hours and 5 minutes. (Helpful countdown widget at work.)

:squee

CyReN

Last year I timed my lunch break to watch MS E3, even though I sat through 45 minutes of this:

dancing.gif

it was worth seeing 15 seconds of this:

halo-4-o.gif

Last year I timed my lunch break to watch MS E3, even though I sat through 45 minutes of this:

dancing.gif

it was worth seeing 15 seconds of this:

halo-4-o.gif

Yeah, I didnt even know when MS' was. I just took my normal lunch last year at about 1 PM EST? I'm sitting there, just watching it, then all of a sudden I see CE:A, shit brix. Wait a little while hoping for H4.. then I hear "New trilogy" so then I was like "awww". Watched it and was like "wtf is this?" then I saw Chief and ran around my room like a 5 year old who just ate 30 pixie sticks.

lol @ the top gif

should i call in sick tomorrow? hmm....
got lots of deadlines at work but halo 4...

btw, whats happening with mlg's online halo tournament? seems like a flop to me

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"Well Dax I'm going to start with you since it's your question"

"Ok, well I know exactly what to say. Uhhhhh"

:lol

Top Bottom