• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

heckfu

Banned
I hope Ghaleon is prepared to drop a new OT as soon as E3 starts. With this pace of this community lately I don't think it's unreasonable to have 50 pages in 3 or 4 hours.

CyReN

It's an okay map. Probably one of the more solid ones in Reach honestly. I don't think it flows very well for DMR starts though.

It was really close to being used for KOTH for MLG Columbus, I really liked it honestly when I've played it for that. Default not bad either.

I can understand not liking the looks, it is pretty barren. But the jumps you can pull off on the map are something else.

Looks remind me of High Ground, which probably isn't a good association to have.

It was really close to being used for KOTH for MLG Columbus, I really liked it honestly when I've played it for that. Default not bad either.

I dunno, I feel it lacks the flat open spaces that I like to have for Rifle battles. That's just a personal thing though. It's the same reason why I can still look at Isolation and think, "Wow, that can't have been an MLG map." It's just so...lumpy.

Reach's maps were a tough one for me as I really enjoyed the other games having the setting be completely different. For some reason, having the MP maps set in the campaign spaces actually went as far as to be confusing at times (take into account of course, that I'm not a super great competitive player anyway; thank the Lord K/D is in no way a barometer of community/fandom standing rofl).

My favorite maps in Reach are probably Highlands, Ridgeline, and Tempest, with Powerhouse and Spire being my favorite of the "original" maps.

TheOddOne

Hyper gonna bring the hype:

ibbySStYb5bbXb.gif

Reach's maps were a tough one for me as I really enjoyed the other games having the setting be completely different. For some reason, having the MP maps set in the campaign spaces actually went as far as to be confusing at times (take into account of course, that I'm not a super great competitive player anyway; thank the Lord K/D is in no way a barometer of community/fandom standing rofl).

My favorite maps in Reach are probably Highlands, Ridgeline, and Tempest, with Powerhouse and Spire being my favorite of the "original" maps.

I don't know if I can really pinpoint a "favorite" in Reach (besides the Pit remake of course). If I had a gun to my head, I guess I'd pick Reflection as my favorite. I just enjoy it every time. Great lookin' too.

But one thing I miss from Halo 3 is kind of the earth aesthetic on the maps. Sure there were some like that in Reach, but they were almost too future-y. There weren't many maps like Standoff, which is one of the better maps aesthetically imo.

Fuchsdh

Bungie crushed my hopes of having a "Crater (Club Errera)" Firefight location, and for that I am deeply saddened.

I don't know if I can really pinpoint a "favorite" in Reach (besides the Pit remake of course). If I had a gun to my head, I guess I'd pick Reflection as my favorite. I just enjoy it every time. Great lookin' too.

But one thing I miss from Halo 3 is kind of the earth aesthetic on the maps. Sure there were some like that in Reach, but they were almost too future-y. There weren't many maps like Standoff, which is one of the better maps aesthetically imo.

I agree. I loved Standoff, especially from an aesthetic point of view.

Overdoziz

Banned
Definitely going to be bumping that down to Normal or Easy when I play through it (rather than my usual Heroic try). Currently on Quarantine Zone in Halo 2.
Played through it on Legendary just now. Didn't die a single time. Really forces you to use Plasma Rifles ans Spikers to kill those long range Flood bastards.

GhaleonEB

I hope Ghaleon is prepared to drop a new OT as soon as E3 starts. With this pace of this community lately I don't think it's unreasonable to have 50 pages in 3 or 4 hours.

You are assuming GAF will not go down and we won't all be piled into Dani's FUD IRC instead. :p

I'll be on just in case, though.

TheOddOne

My favorite part of Cortana is the section called "Nor Hell a Fury", the moment you come in the room with the three generators. I just love the look of that part of the level, was a bitch to play through though.

Recarpo

So I won't be able to catch the live streams of the MS conference tomorrow morning. Does anybody have any idea when and where they'll be put up later in the day?

Top Bottom