• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Tunavi

Banned
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The enemies look cool, but not, I dunno, crazy cool. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but somehow these guys fall short. But only by a tiny bit. And I'm only talking aesthetically. Gameplay wise, it looks like they'll be really interesting to fight.

The Forerunner weapons, the sound design, the atmosphere -- all amazing. And my jaw dropped hard when that Elite got zapped and disintegrated. :-O

BTW, guys, I'm officially going on black out now.
Just kidding. I can't stay away, hahaha.

Didn't like the sound of the AR, I want it to sound like it's hemorrhaging bullets. Thought that following up Anniversary they might make the new AR sound as good, but it reminds me more of 3/Reach's.

And was it just me or did that new enemy look like a Bionicle? lol

ne0GO.jpg

I like that Cortana actually appears on your HUD now instead of just being a voice in your head though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looked really great. the new enemies will really change combat. very metroidy. very cool gun animations and sounds.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Few observations.

- Seems to be a little grenade indicator on the HUD when the enemy throws Chief's grenade back at him.
- Forerunner shotgun = the Scattershot. Sounds like a steam punk thing or something. :-\
- Can carry up to 4 of each grenade type?
- I agree with those who are saying Chief talks too much.
- New human vehicles at 5:56?
- New enemies look awesome at 5:57.

Top Bottom