• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Just some observations:

Crawlers (the space attack dogs) seem to work like Borderlands' skags: small quadrupeds, very weak to headshots when their head is "exposed," as well as melees.

The "defense sentinel" that the main new Forerunner enemy pooped out actually projected the forerunner hardlight riot shield in front of the main enemy, it wasn't an attachment/weapon like Jackal shields. It can also divert grenades, which seems obvious enough, but the catch is that it can only perform one function at a time; the trailer actually exploits this when he throws the grenade and proceeds to start shooting the main enemy.

The new "main" Forerunner enemies also seem to function very similarly to Eridians of Borderlands, which had a various number of enemy types, the most notable of which was melee-focused and could teleport.

The "scattershot" looks to be a Forerunner shotgun, which was in one of the three pics that got leaked, so it seems to show up in Multiplayer too.

EDIT: dammit, kittens!

Risen

I thought it looked pretty incredible... I really hope there is an option to lighten up the HUD though... particularly for MP. I'm not a huge fan of seeing the outline of the helmet in addition to all the other "stuff" going on. I'd rather an unencumbered view of the hotness exploding on my screen.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Thinking about it, it is kind of odd that Cortana pops up on your HUD, unless she's not in your suit anymore.

But I suppose it could be fitting in with humanizing her and Chief, since the story has transitioned.

Few observations.

- Seems to be a little grenade indicator on the HUD when the enemy throws Chief's grenade back at him.
- Forerunner shotgun = the Scattershot. Sounds like a steam punk thing or something. :-\
- Can carry up to 4 of each grenade type?
- I agree with those who are saying Chief talks too much.
- New human vehicles at 5:56?
- New enemies look awesome at 5:57.

is it online? link?

Woorloog

Banned
Banshee's look like stupid Reach Banshees again. The fuck?
Also, not impressed by the NEW enemy desing, Covies are ok.
Ironic, i've been one of the more positive people here...

That said, looks awesome otherwise, good sound, cool places.

Also, goddamn GAF is slow.

Korosenai

Some things I noticed

- the ship that came crashing in was the unsc infinity... So more spartans in campaign?

- the new enemies are badass, but those little ones are basically tickers from gow. They are orange, they crawl, and they explode.

- the br recoil looked alright i guess, will have to see more footage (mainly mp) before i come to anymore conclusions.

In addition to the troll of Halo 4 being in the disc tray, "PLAY TRIAL" was an option in the market place.

FUCK QUICK QUICK SOMEONE GO CHECK

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why did the player walk so slow in the demo? To show off the graphics?
Or was the movement speed really that slow?
To show off the graphics, yeah, but also to just give a cinematic, suspenseful feel, I imagine.

Woorloog

Banned
To show off the graphics, yeah, but also to just give a cinematic, suspenseful feel, I imagine.

Lol, i felt impatient and bored, suspension can't be created well by slow pace. Also, looked too slow, didn't look like Halo should look.
Really, really hope the movement in campaign is fast.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, i felt impatient and bored, suspension can't be created well by slow pace. Also, looked too slow, didn't look like Halo should look.
Well, you can always sprint. :p

Risen

lol... dude... he SPRINTED at one point... I think movement will be acceptably fast.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, you can always sprint. :p

But you can't shoot while sprinting. Oh, i'm okay with having sprint too, but... well, you should know what i mean.
EDIT besides, the thing looked Reachs-slow. One issue i have with Reach campaign is the fucking slow movement speed, doesn't feel like Spartan.

You know my biggest issue with this reveal? 165 days till Halo 4.

Risen

But you can't shoot while sprinting. Oh, i'm okay with having sprint too, but... well, you should know what i mean.
EDIT besides, the thing looked Reachs-slow. One issue i have with Reach campaign is the fucking slow movement speed, doesn't feel like Spartan.

You know my biggest issue with this reveal? 165 days till Halo 4.

you have no idea how fast he was intending to walk. i doubt he was giving it the full stick.

Woorloog

Banned
What a incredibly dumb statement.

As in, slow movement speed.
Bad choice of words.

There are way better ways to create suspension, such as indicating something is out there, show that something's effects and that they're dangerous, but don't show them to the player directly.

you have no idea how fast he was intending to walk. i doubt he was giving it the full stick.

And that is a problem. I really don't want to play another Reach-slow campaign... but until they show otherwise, i'm going to stay sceptical.

Striker

Did the feel the exact same way in Halo 2's E3, because they did the same exact thing.

Jesus Christ.

Woorloog

Banned
Did the feel the exact same way in Halo 2's E3, because they did the same exact thing.

Jesus Christ.

Did you mean "did you"?
If you did, i cannot know for i didn't see Halo 2's E3 trailer until well after the game itself came out. I've been watching E3's only for a 2-3 years.

m23

I barely slept last night because of the HYPE, this should be good. I really hope 343 blows us all away, good luck to Frankie and the rest of 343 this week.

Apart from the amazing Halo 4 footage, a thoroughly dissapointing conference made hilarious by the people in my party, they made it fun.

<3

Top Bottom