• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

NOTE: A full video of the ‘Halo 4’ E3 press briefing demo is being uploaded to this page and will be available later today. Additional ‘Halo 4’ multiplayer assets will also be posted here tomorrow (Tuesday, June 5) at 12:00 p.m. PDT.

From press.xbox360.com. By the way the sphere was a cryptum.

ZalinKrow

Well, that conference was boring. At least the beginning was AMAZING. Damn do I want that game. Can't wait to find out more about it! Spartan Ops reveal later on, right?

monome

Goddmn flashing Didact logo killed any chance he s not the menacing old man voice...

Should keep my expectations low...

Kajiba

So that moving ball in the gameplay video. What the hell was that?

And I want to see how didact looks like. Thats if he's in the game...

789shadow

Banned
They talked about fucking shoes.

At a game conference.

At least, HOLY SHIT HALO 4 AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED IT NOW.

And quick, someone tell me who's Forerunner symbol that was at the end.

Havok

Fantastic demo.

I like the side effect of having those little crawlers in the game, being that they make it now presumably more useful to keep an automatic weapon around to finish them off...but they gave me some real bad Cortana/Red Faction: Armageddon vibes at first.

Ken

Yup: http://youtu.be/QcSBOrG5RW8. I imagine a higher quality Waypoint version will be up soon.

Missed it live and just watched this so my thoughts:

The beginning live-action (?) stuff was kind of cheesy.

The Assault Rifle sounds very good.

The new enemies are pretty cool although I'm not a fan of their skeleton faces.

Felt like I was watching a Metroid Prime game instead of a Halo game.

The first person cinematic stuff is neat but I hope it's not used too much.

CyReN

Just rewatched the Halo 4 campaign footage for the first time. I'm not going to lie, I didn't voice my opinion on it earlier because we haven't seen much but I was worried as hell. New team doing the Halo series, a series I absolutely loved and have had a pretty "close" connection to for the last decade...but damn you guys cleared up anything I was worried about. U4ix, Jazzy, and I talked about in live via Skype and we all where squealing like little girls with all the new stuff. These 5 months better fly by.

Now onto the juicy stuff, Halo Pros will be playing Halo 4 mutliplayer with observers/reporters tomorrow afternoon, not sure if they can get footage but Gamespot will be recording some stuff to broadcast over MLG Anaheim weekend. Now I have NO IDEA why MLG would do this since there will be a 2% Halo fan population there but be on the lookout for that MLG weekend.

neoism

iQJ9e3M0Uwmb3.jpg

i1uiBGbGPmAG8.jpg

ieMR7D54LF2ra.jpg

God damn that was the worst MS conference to date. Super disappointed.

Halo 4 did look really good.

-Graphics looked fantastic
-Combat looked really good
-Rampant Cortana = FEED IT TO MY VEINS

-Enemy Design I was far less impressed with, reminded me a lot of the glowy dudes from Lost Planet.
-The small dog like ones in particular, looked like "shoot the glowing orange weakspot".
-The orange ball/cryptum... looked a bit lame, honestly.

Sadly I don't think 343 will improve the enemy art.

Kuroyume

Banned
Only thing that bothered me about the campaign stuff was that Cortana would not shut up. The new enemies look like they'll be fun to fight against.

monome

Early sketch over the ennemy revealed in the concept trailer was spot on.

Not a fan of the insctoid\animal design but it is the awesomest reveal in gaming history.

Fucking had to reprieve tears when the movie section started.

Intrigued by the Didact's fate...

at least the glowing makes ennemies easy to spot.
blops 2 has the same problem anu COD gives me, I can hardly spot ennemies.

Thanks to the guys who captured the video on youtube. Major replays incoming

FyreWulff

Ayar9.jpg

Her face still mismatches the character. Oh well, I'll live.

Nightmare fuel

DyHUd.jpg

I'm not going to read too much into it, but it appears at whatever point that is, she's lost her normal eyes. They have that creepy blank look even before she rage-glows.

bnqD2.jpg

I also nodded in approval in seeing Perfect Dark influences in the new Forerunner guns.

It always kind of bothered me too. Mostly in that I'm so trained on the center of the screen because of every single FPS ever made for all time that it's awkward to go back to Halo because of it. They had some kind of bullet alignment issue with Halo 2 so that's why I assume they dropped it, but I don't know why they kept it dropped. When people say "It's better so that you can see things above you more easily", that assumes that people are attacking looking down often as well, so it would still be better off being centered.

Edit: Jesus Christ neoism

Mayyhem

just seen this on the halo.xbox.com site for the first time
"The epic campaign and Halo Infinity Multiplayer including 10 War Games maps and Spartan Ops. "

map count confirmed?

BigShow36

Of course you would find something to bitch about.

I thought the campaign looked fantastic. I've been complaining about the reticle since Halo 2.

Halo is a game that's played with tons of vertical elevation changes, both up and down. I don't want to look down just to see what's in front of me, and I also want to be able to see what's below and above me equally. There is absolutely no reason for the reticle to not be in the middle of the screen.

The only reason anyone is defending it is because Bungie put it there. If it had always been centered, NO ONE would be saying, "Damn, I wish the reticle was about 4 inches lower."

FyreWulff

The only reason anyone is defending it is because Bungie put it there. If it had always been centered, NO ONE would be saying, "Damn, I wish the reticle was about 4 inches lower."

No, it makes more sense, regardless of the dev that did it. Especially since 343 is continuing it.

Top Bottom