• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yea I hope it simmers down, but like any of my friends I'll defend them if I think they are right. This is just a slap in the face for the people that have been working their asses off (Bravo,THC,Gamma etc) not to use people that have some merit to be in the position she got.

To dismiss the work Walshy/T2 have done in their "time" is foolish. As I said, he had some ground to stand on with Mrs. Violence, but everything else is a tantrum from someone thinking they are entitled, and it's sickening.

That's the last I'll post about it, apparently he's getting his feathers ruffled and trying to call me out on twitter. Plus there is more important stuff to talk about and apparently he's catching a lot of shit from the rest of the interwebz.

PLAYER PROGRESSION said:
Through both War Games and Spartan Ops, personnel can effectively rank up, unlocking items, such as armor kits, components, and skins, for use within their custom loadouts. What’s more, Spartans earn points while ranking up that they can use to purchase items to improve their combat performance and abilities in the field.

So we can't progress our Spartans through Campaign?

Risen

Yea I hope it simmers down, but like any of my friends I'll defend them if I think they are right. This is just a slap in the face for the people that have been working their asses off (Bravo,THC,Gamma etc) not to use people that have some merit to be in the position she got. I do agree though should have not tweeted it.

------
10 Mins gents!

He can be right... and may very well be... He better grow some thicker skin if he's going to continue to be in the public eye. The response was silly, justified or not. Some things ya gotta just let go. Make a long post like that and you have no control over how it is viewed... and it's likely going to make you look worse, not better.

It's only a slap in the face if you let it be...

My eyes skipped over that part. It's a mystery as far as the events of Primordium are concerned. We probably won't know fully until Greg Bear's third novel releases. All of this assuming, of course, that this implication isn't some bait and switch.
Indeed. A bait and switch would be interesting. Cool even.
If 343i considers 3's terminals, then he "killed" her.
Indeed, but he wouldn't blame us for that. Probably >_>. Although it would be good grounds for resentment. But genocide.. he is an angry guy..
So we can't progress our Spartans through Campaign?
a) I'd say they regard Spartan Ops as the Campaign for your Spartan
b) You're playing as the Chief, so it kind of makes sense, it isn't "your" Spartan doing things

Korosenai

That's a possibility, though 343 in Primordium believes she is still alive.
the forerunner books are a trilogy, so there is still one more to go. It could very well happen in the next book (not saying it will, just that there is a possibility).

CyReN

To dismiss the work Walshy/T2 have done in their "time" is foolish. As I said, he had some ground to stand on with Mrs. Violence, but everything else is a tantrum from someone thinking they are entitled, and it's sickening.

That's the last I'll post about it, apparently he's getting his feathers ruffled and trying to call me out on twitter. Plus there is more important stuff to talk about and apparently he's catching a lot of shit from the rest of the interwebz.

Understand, hope there's no issues. <3

-----

e21e0aeeaf6911e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

the forerunner books are a trilogy, so there is still one more to go. It could very well happen in the next book (not saying it will, just that there is a possibility).
I think I'll just read the cliff notes to the third book after it releases. It'd probably make more sense that way.

I'd honestly rather have read a detailed timeline or wiki article than that second book.

Honestly, it was a chore to get through, with writing reminiscent of:

"Just then a giant circle appeared with its mid-appendage coated in a sheen the color of sadness. It rose out of a jutting rectangle 23 kilometers wide. Me and my monkey person and our funny yet wise midget I love so much decided we'd eat some fruit before heading north. The fruit tasted like corn and strawberries. Oh I'm so angry at random person/event right now. Ooh look, a planet! My inner voice told me that a billion years ago he hated somebody. Then we walked east a bit."

uggh,

Indeed. A bait and switch would be interesting. Cool even.

Indeed, but he wouldn't blame us for that. Probably >_>. Although it would be good grounds for resentment. But genocide.. he is an angry guy..

a) I'd say they regard Spartan Ops as the Campaign for your Spartan
b) You're playing as the Chief, so it kind of makes sense, it isn't "your" Spartan doing things

Sad news if true for those living without high-speed Internet access. (Yes, they still exist.)

Top Bottom