• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

ibdQEbS6PFRf6O.gif

I'm going to have fun with this. :)

Firepower Package

By alternating redundant magnetic streams at the rear of a Spartan’s armor, the Firepower Package overrides regulated loadout limitations, allowing users to carry two primary weapons simultaneously. For Spartans who prefer heavier or longer-ranged firepower over close-range versatility and speed, this package is typically considered imperative.​

To carry, or to start with? Sounds like the weapons you carry could be limited by their classification; i.e. no DMR and BR unless you have this package selected. Otherwise, limited to one main and one side arm weapon at a time. Not leaping to conclusions, but clarification would be neat.

It might just enable different starting load outs.

If you go by the leaks, it's for starting with two primary weapons.

GhaleonEB

If you go by the leaks, it's for starting with two primary weapons.

Makes sense.

I dodged all the leaks, so this stuff is new to me.
I need a detailed report of the Sticky Detonator and it's capabilities.

DESIGNATION: M363 Remote Projectile Detonator
MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

The M363 RPD is a low-profile single-shot weapon that launches a magnetically latched explosive, which the operator can remotely detonate when at a safe distance. Although previously manufactured in low quantities, this weapon’s size and ease-of-transportability has made it ubiquitous in the years which followed the Covenant War.

It's the pro pipe, but no bouncing. :trollface

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks to those who were in the first group! Podcast is going great so far.

2nd group is in, Dani, Shadow and Ryan.

Hit me up on Skype at Tashi0106 to get in.

Ramirez

I need a detailed report of the Sticky Detonator and it's capabilities.

Looks like the same basic premise of the nade launcher, but I'm assuming the projectiles stick to whatever they land on.

If an AR kills crazy fast up close... you won't think it wasteful.

I guess I could be wrong, but the AR has never been useful to me in 4 games, I don't see it changing in this one. The AR hypothetically rips people to shreds up close in Reach, but it seems to be very connection based. I've had people drop me in seconds with it, but I unload a full clip at close range and just strip shields, lol.

Came up with a guess reason for the Didact wanting to kill us.

What if the humans turned on the Librarian because of how she used/manipulates them/general anti-Forerunner sentiment?
Ended up killing her? (or at least as far as the Didact knows) And sealed him away?
So he awakens ready to enact revenge?

(or alternatively he tried to stop the use of the Halo's and the humans did it anyway? This would go against the Halo 3 terminals, nevermind)

BigShow36

Wut? One has nothing to do with the other...

343 is going to want to have this garbage in the majority of their matchmaking lists. This means we probably won't get many no-radar gametypes in default MM because otherwise those perks are completely worthless.

Which means I won't be playing much default MM because radar is not good.

Woorloog

Banned
Also something I noticed in the in the videos, it appears that there is 15 primary weapons that you can unlock in the game.

AR, BR, DMR, Carbine, SR, Shotgun, Needler(?), Scattershot, Light Rifle, Promethean AR-equivalent (assault carbine?), Sword(?)(shotty equivalent)... that's 11 i can think off.

Risen

343 is going to want to have this garbage in the majority of their matchmaking lists. This means we probably won't get many no-radar gametypes in default MM because otherwise those perks are completely worthless.

THis is a completely different statement that the first... the first jumped conclusions like no other... this may be making assumptions, but it's certainly valid to have the opinion.

Halo has never had "many" no radar lists.

I hate radar.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: And yeah - they really should mix up those Covenant weapon profiles. Halo also means readability.
Agreed.

I wonder if the Sensor Upgrade is level based, and without the perk it's just the standard radar from 1/2/3? I'd be ok with this. I'm not that offended by radar showing up while scoped either.
Yeah, that's what I imagine it being like.

Korosenai

What if the humans turned on the Librarian because of how she used/manipulates them/general anti-Forerunner sentiment?
Ended up killing her? (or at least as far as the Didact knows) And sealed him away?

(or alternatively he tried to stop the use of the Halo's and the humans did it anyway? This would go against the Halo 3 terminals, nevermind)
I could almost see that happening in the third book. Makes a lot of sense.

DESIGNATION: M363 Remote Projectile Detonator
MANUFACTURER: Acheron Security

The M363 RPD is a low-profile single-shot weapon that launches a magnetically latched explosive, which the operator can remotely detonate when at a safe distance. Although previously manufactured in low quantities, this weapon’s size and ease-of-transportability has made it ubiquitous in the years which followed the Covenant War.

Hm. Let me rephrase that: detailed gameplay "reports." :p

It's the pro pipe, but no bouncing. :trollface
Looks like the same basic premise of the nade launcher, but I'm assuming the projectiles stick to whatever they land on.
Didn't someone say on here that they bounced around? There's a lot of nuances it's gotta cover. Does the sticky grenade have to be sticking to the target in order to kill it, or can it be near the opponent?

Nitpick I know, but I also doesn't like the design of the SD. It looks weak, whereas the pro-pipe you could tell packed a punch. Maybe I'll feel differently after getting my hands on it.

BigShow36

THis is a completely different statement that the first... the first jumped conclusions like no other... this may be making assumptions, but it's certainly valid to have the opinion.

Halo has never had "many" no radar lists.

I hate radar.

It's not different; its just laying out the logical progession. 343 won't want to have many no-radar gametypes when a main new gameplay feature focuses heavily on radar.

Woorloog

Banned
Probably the Light Gun as well.

Scattershot and Needler were both in the ordnance drops from the footage today.

Sure, but were the personal ordnance drops actually power weapons or just additional weapons?

If the Scattershot is a drop, then the shogtun is very like one as well, as is the sword.

Sure, but were the personal ordnance drops actually power weapons or just additional weapons?

If the Scattershot is a drop, then the shogtun is very like one as well, as is the sword.

I'm not saying that they can't be starting weapons as well, just pointing it out.

Firepower package, like the similar perk in CoD is useless, unless you literally cant carry another primary weapon unless you equip the perk, even if you find that weapon on that map. I doubt that would be the case though. Faster shield recharge seems more beneficial out of those 2.

Awareness upgrade also seems to be the more powerful in that slot, seems like a longer reaching general radar could be good if you dont use scope much though.

That's an interesting thought.

Watching the demo, and that montage/trailer at the end got me thinking about what Cortana is yelling about.

She says, "I will not allow you to leave this planet!"

I'm thinking that at some point Chief get's captured (by the Didact) and that she is yelling at the captain of the Infinity (perhaps after "the payload" is dropped). It would be an interesting play on her emotions toward the Chief.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not saying that they can't be starting weapons as well, just pointing it out.

Yeah, and it is good you did.

Hmm, going to be interesting.

Oh and the Carbine looked like it has slowish ROF in the Spartan Ops footage, worried about that. To me, the Carbine is a rapid fire short-mid range precision weapon. Based on the footage, it looked more like DMR's Covie counterpart, something i do not like.
And the worst: the Carbine projectile was nearly invisble.

zap

Just catching up now... holy balls there is a lot of new info.

I feel like 343 has the Halo 4 marketing just like Primordium.

Boring for ages, until massive info dump. :p

That's a possibility, though 343 in Primordium believes she is still alive.

Domino, Voltron, any GAFer at E3: If you guys could hand out some impressions on the SD (how it compares to the pro-pipe), that'd be great! I'm eager to hear more about the weapon.

Primordium-Spoiler
The Librarian is alive. So The revenge theory for killing his wife will not work.

Personally I think he wanted always a honoring fight against humans. When I hear the line "I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer.", following part came directly into my mind:
Primordium-Spoiler
In Primordium, we learn how the Didact executed the Lord Of Admirals. Personally he never wanted to do it his way but his Lifemate wanted it. He wanted to defeat them on the battlefield. Now he gets a chance again to fight his old enemies.

On the other hand it only explains his line. Still it is not an acceptable reason for his rage. I would say he is mad that we unleashed the Flood. He sacrificed nearly everything at the end of the H3 terminals, his wife etc..(If I remember correctly, she wanted that the Didact activates the Ring) And still humanity unleashed his hell again. Now he wants to punish them.

Risen

It's not different; its just laying out the logical progession. 343 won't want to have many no-radar gametypes when a main new gameplay feature focuses heavily on radar.

lol

I don't like the radar upgrades simply because it means 343 isn't going to want to put in No Radar gametypes.

no

Sorry for being a dickhead... grumpy Rizzy today.

I said -(or at least as far as the Didact knows)-
He could have been sealed without realising she's alive.

But anyway, just me having fun with the idea.

CyReN

It was the Gamespot stream man.

"Where he's coming from?"

He's throwing a tantrum while being a self promoting douche. I understand you feel obligated to defend him, but he's showing his true colors here. Probably better to quit discussing it now though.

Yea I hope it simmers down, but like any of my friends I'll defend them if I think they are right. This is just a slap in the face for the people that have been working their asses off (Bravo,THC,Gamma etc) not to use people that have some merit to be in the position she got. I do agree though should have not tweeted it.

------
10 Mins gents!

Woorloog

Banned
Firepower package, like the similar perk in CoD is useless, unless you literally cant carry another primary weapon unless you equip the perk, even if you find that weapon on that map. I doubt that would be the case though. Faster shield recharge seems more beneficial out of those 2.

Awareness upgrade also seems to be the more powerful in that slot, seems like a longer reaching general radar could be good if you dont use scope much though.

AR+DMR? That would be a powerful combination, assuming the weapon switch speed is fast.
Though arguably one could carry the Plasma Pistol with the DMR and just drop the shields of an enemy with it and headshot him quickly... In which case, the perk is really useless unless one cannot carry two primary weapons without it.

I said -(or at least as far as the Didact knows)-
He could have been sealed without realising she's alive.

My eyes skipped over that part. It's a mystery as far as the events of Primordium are concerned. We probably won't know fully until Greg Bear's third novel releases. All of this assuming, of course, that this implication isn't some bait and switch.

Top Bottom