• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Wait. Did Josh just say those new AI are Prometheans? How? Prometheans are living Forerunners. Unless their consciousness is in the AI. Hm.

Confuzzled.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. Did Josh just say those new AI are Prometheans? How? Prometheans are living Forerunners. Unless their consciousness is in the AI. Hm.

Confuzzled.
Yeah, that made me scratch my head.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Love the difference between Gamespot and IGN. Same demo, same guests, yet one was actually worth while. The IGN guy just asked the easy and predictable questions. *Yawn*

Who do we have to suck off to get some MP?

And, yes of course there is a grenade indicator. There is one in COD, so now there is one in Halo.

Falagard

Confuzzled.

Stinkles said the big enemies we've seen are Promothean Knights, and there are small arms sticking out of the armor as if it is a living being inside a robotic armor exoskeleton.

What I'm confused about is that Cortana says they're not organic. But yeah.

Woorloog

Banned
And, yes of course there is a grenade indicator. There is one in COD, so now there is one in Halo.

I really don't mind that, noticing 'nades in Reach is very difficult at times. Really miss the glow from Halo CE. The 'nade indicator is the next best thing after glowing frags.

Korosenai

Regarding weapon drops, this is a relief

"Once on the ground, these pods are marked on the heads-up displays of all nearby personnel who can then acquire the weapons or power-ups for use against enemies. In some simulated matches within War Games, Spartans can earn and manually call in their own ordnance drops."

So in some games they will just randomly come in, but others, you can manually call them in it seems.

Confuzzled.

According to halo.xbox.com/halo4:

PROMETHEAN KNIGHTS

Residents of the artificial world of Requiem, Promethean Knights represent the central occupying enemy force, legions of extremely capable combatants with both ancient and mysterious origins. While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing. They are fully weaponized, heavily armored bipedal warriors, easily capable of engaging and terminating perceived threats in almost all environments. They are truly lethal creatures, taken lightly only at one’s peril.

Oozer3993

I wish that some Halo fiction fan is the host and asks Josh or Kiki:"So this orb, why is the Didact angry at us?". It would be hilarious to see their reaction.

343 put the Didact's symbol at the end of the demo. They know damn well the fans have put two and two together. I don't think they'd be shocked at all.

Confuzzled.

I think you're reading too much into it. He just meant they're all made by the Prometheans.

daedalius

This should help bring up more spirits guys from IGN.

Nexy Halo 4 Impressions

Sounds good; although I think Walshy hit on a few more points.

Good to hear the BR and DMR are both effective weapons.

Pub slayer seems like arcade fun; I imagine objective games and other slayer gametypes would be more 'serious' as in no powerups from ordnance, or no ordnance at all. Will be fun to mix it up a bit though.

Good points, all.
According to halo.xbox.com/halo4:

PROMETHEAN KNIGHTS

Residents of the artificial world of Requiem, Promethean Knights represent the central occupying enemy force, legions of extremely capable combatants with both ancient and mysterious origins. While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing. They are fully weaponized, heavily armored bipedal warriors, easily capable of engaging and terminating perceived threats in almost all environments. They are truly lethal creatures, taken lightly only at one’s peril.
Interesting indeed. I had thought the Promethean Knights were simply AI employed by the Didact or someone else. Seems the relationship is more blurry than I had originally thought.

###

itKyIJpb5ELew.gif

I need more of this.

What the hell is with this misconception that all the bodies "despawn"/"fizzle" when killed in War Games because its a "simulator"?

This is clearly not true, they only fizzle when killed with a promethean weapon otherwise the body stays on the ground pretty much all the MP footage so far has shown the ground littered with bodies.

Retro

I wonder what the range is on that. Could you drop one of those mines and then run across the map, and still have the radar show you the location? Could be interesting to launch one across a map into an enemy's flag room and let your team know if the room is clear before they get there.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They really are trying to make every aspect of this game accessible to noobs.

It's what I thought it was when we saw it on the leaked footage, they simply evolved the indicator on the grenade launcher. The mini radar is a bit much though.

I wonder what the range is on that. Could you drop one of those mines and then run across the map, and still have the radar show you the location? Could be interesting to launch one across a map into an enemy's flag room and let your team know if the room is clear before they get there.

Also be interesting if Camo jams it.

Top Bottom