• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
Could be. Basically any disc achievement for multi they include is one less playlist they can require DLC on. IMO, it wouldn't make sense to require 8GB to play multiplayer then hold yourself back from actually including DLC heavily in matchmaking by having on-disc multiplayer achievements.

Hmm. Spartan Ops is multiplayer. Spartan ops gets weekly content. Maybe the HD requirement is for Spartan Ops?

Anyone suspect the lack of a Legendary Edition might be an indicator of an epic special edition console complete with statue.

I've always bought the LE console and Legendary editions, but I bet a lot of people have to make the choice. Dropping the Legendary Edition of the game in favour of a Legendary Edition console seems like a good move to me.

Make it happen, Stinkles.

Im questioning if we will even get a Limited Edition console at this point, Id love one painted to look like the infinity or the FUD but i expected the reveal to come at the same time as the Game SKU's (something at e3 hopefully)

I have both the H3 and the H:R consoles and id love to continue the trend. Halo is a event for me i always snag all the LE stuff on release its normally

Legendary Edition
Console
Controllers (mcfarlane ones for exmaple)
LE Strategy Guide

Fuchsdh

Anyone suspect the lack of a Legendary Edition might be an indicator of an epic special edition console complete with statue/cat helmet/life size Cortana love doll?

I've always bought the LE console and Legendary editions, but I bet a lot of people have to make the choice. Dropping the Legendary Edition of the game in favour of a Legendary Edition console seems like a good move to me.

Make it happen, Stinkles.

That's fine by me. I always hated the Legendary editions because it had the physical objects I didn't want. I'm uncommon in that I don want Halo action figures, etc. To me they're just clutter--the only merch I have are the novels and art books. A slimmer steelbook fits me fine, and I'm not the person who goes after special edition consoles either, so lumping that stuff together is great for me.

Hmm. Spartan Ops is multiplayer. Spartan ops gets weekly content. Maybe the HD requirement is for Spartan Ops?

Spartan Ops also requires XBL Gold. Im thinking its to do with that. Digital Delivery would be real nice.

Avoid all the On Disc DLC drama

Oh! I didn't even think of that. There could be a second disc that installs.. DVDs hold around 8-9GB on the 360.. I think you're onto something!

2 discs could be great, Second disc installs all the MP stuff rest of the games runs from the first disc.

Woorloog

Banned
That's fine by me. I always hated the Legendary editions because it had the physical objects I didn't want. I'm uncommon in that I don want Halo action figures, etc. To me they're just clutter--the only merch I have are the novels and art books. A slimmer steelbook fits me fine, and I'm not the person who goes after special edition consoles either, so lumping that stuff together is great for me.

Very much so. Halsey's Journal is the type of Limited Edition content i'd love to see more. (It is the best part of Reach)

I'm gonna throw in a wild guess here, but Halo 4 will be a two disk game.
Is that why I'm going to be forced to watch any of the video extras through Waypoint? Fuck, reading about that that earlier pissed me off. Hope 343 isn't spending a whole lot of money on camera equipment, because it sounds like we won't be able to watch anything in high quality anyway.

Woorloog

Banned
Is that why I'm going to be forced to watch any of the video extras through Waypoint? Fuck, reading about that that earlier pissed me off. Hope 343 isn't spending a whole lot of money on camera equipment, because it sounds like we won't be able to watch anything in high quality anyway.

We need the videos either on disc or we need at least 720p downloads, not the streaming crap.

TCKaos

By the way, Ghal, got a new one for the banner rotation:

halogafb2uzf.gif

Not finished yet. No one's crudely shopped a BR over the AR.

I think the lack of a Legendary edition is simply because it's the start of a new story, and there's a new team at the helm. If they're going to do another Legendary, I can't see them doing it for 5 either, but then they're gonna go all-out with 6 to get people even more hyped for "the end of the story" (lol).

FyreWulff

I think the lack of a Legendary edition is simply because it's the start of a new story, and there's a new team at the helm. If they're going to do another Legendary, I can't see them doing it for 5 either, but then they're gonna go all-out with 6 to get people even more hyped for "the end of the story" (lol).

Either that or retailers were all 'no plz' to big boxes. Unless they were going to have a statue of a cat wearing a helmet.

YES WE KNOW, IT'S NOTHING NEW

IT'S JUST A WASTE OF TIME

I really can't stand the tremolo. I can forgive a player missing an occasional note when watching/listening, but intentionally going flat drives me up the wall. It's of course a different story if I'm the one playing and I know an impossible solo is coming.

I don't quite understand your post but I'm not intentionally going flat.. I think

Top Bottom