• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

daedalius

wreak of troll indeed.

282218_o.gif

senador

Banned
I think you're the one who needs to take a step back. I hardly think anything that he said ITT was arrogant at all. Ignorant of some of the finer details that only the nerdiest of Halo nerds know about the game so far, but no one should fault the man for that.

:/

Alright. I'll take a break.

ZalinKrow

I think it looks amazing. Other people might not. I actually agree with over on this one. I can think of a couple of friends that will say it "looks alright" and nothing more. They aren't trolling me. Just their honest opinion.

Yeah, I getcha. I guess I just don't get what people were expecting, like how good they thought it could look :p But it's an awkward discussion from there I suppose heh.

I'm going to stop talking to a wall now, dinner time.

Why can't you apply this to all your Squad Slayer posts? ;)

How close-minded can you be?

Did you read the rest. I dont understand how this is still up for debate, Something is technically impressive thats not something you can disagree with.

If you say your not impressed by it then you either lying or stupid or a troll.

Its visually impressive because its on 7 year old hardward. In comparison to PC gaming its not impressive in comparison to previous console offerings it is.

GhaleonEB

:/

Alright. I'll take a break.

FWIW, I think the definition of trolling in the ToS is pretty good: "Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion." I didn't see any of that. Just a minor disagreement, and an understandable one given how little we have to go on right now in terms of what we've seen.

Tunavi

Banned
Did you read the rest. I dont understand how this is still up for debate, Something is technically impressive thats not something you can disagree with.

If you say your not impressed by it then you either lying or stupid or a troll.

Its visually impressive because its on 7 year old hardward. In comparison to PC gaming its not impressive in comparison to previous console offerings it is.
You can't just call someone a troll because they are voicing their opinions that you don't agree with.

You can't just call someone a troll because they are voicing their opinions that you don't agree with.

Im not, because they voice their opinions as fact, its not unimpressive if thats unimpressive id love to see what console game is visually impressive to them.

Like iv said countless times now its not something that debatable like art styles are. It on a technical level is very impressive that they can get a game to look like that on 7 year old hardware is impressive.

Its subjective, if this was a PC game id say "eh looks decent" but its not its running and hardware leaps and bounds below current PC tech and thats why its impressive.

zlatko

Banned
Im not, because they voice their opinions as fact, its not unimpressive if thats unimpressive id love to see what console game is visually impressive to them.

Like iv said countless times now its not something that debatable like art styles are. It on a technical level is very impressive that they can get a game to look like that on 7 year old hardware is impressive.

Its subjective, if this was a PC game id say "eh looks decent" but its not its running and hardware leaps and bounds below current PC tech and thats why its impressive.

Not everyone is impressed by the same things though.

And i understand that, But surely we can all agree that

Is impressive for 7 Year old hardware. Art style aside just on a technical level.

No but there has to be some checklist for what is deemed "good graphics"

Textures (hi res no blurry ect)
Models (detailed)
Lighting (realistically light areas)
Image Quality (jaggies, resolution ect)
ect

Halo 4 is ticking all those boxes.

Its not really something you can have an opinion about like a artstyle is for example.

senador

Banned
FWIW, I agree with you Stalker...

FWIW, I think the definition of trolling in the ToS is pretty good: "Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion." I didn't see any of that. Just a minor disagreement, and an understandable one given how little we have to go on right now in terms of what we've seen.

Perhaps I was too harsh but I still feel my points stand. I feel he did exactly what you described. He crossed over from the gaming side, didn't add to the discussion, and posted in a manner that said to me he was trying to start a fight.

I've posted about not being an ass though and I've been outted as one so I'm dropping this. Sorry dudes and Good Job Bob.

FyreWulff

Is impressive for 7 Year old hardware. Art style aside just on a technical level.

It is. 4 is jumping ahead of Reach's ability in bipeds alone. Although we can't judge the capability of how far they can push their campaign level fidelity until we actually see a non-DoF'd shot outside of the FUD.

Also I started grinding out my hours for my learner's permit this morning (you have to log 50 hours before you can get the actual driver's license). How can there be so many goddamn buttons on one side of a car?

But this is exactly what you're doing. That's the problem here.

I know, heres how i separate it in my head.

I dont deem technically impressive as being up for debate.
Im not saying anything based on an opinion
Like the above post a break down of "good graphics" must meet certain factors and Halo 4 does that.

What i see them saying is "Halo 4 looks bad" Now if Halo 4 meets all the aforementioned factors then its without any debate a good looking game. if they say its a bad looking game they are expressing a opinion and if that opinions goes against the previous established "good graphic list" answer then they are wrong.

If its not impressive to them because they expected it to have a art style like killzone then thats fine.

If its not impressive to them because they think it looks bad in relation to other console games then im stumped, i dont know what games impress them on a technical level.

Trey

Fascinating.

So sensitive.

Question: I heard somewhere that instant spawn is only in FFA. True?

It'll be wherever 343 feels like putting it. Only gametypes so far confirmed to not have it is Objective.

It's not like you'll even be able to see the game with hexagons and HEADSHOT covering your screen.

Someone pulled off a headshot while being shot themselves? Impressive.

But it is.

But it is.

Im genuinely interested in how?

Its not based on opinions is based on a set of predefined categories, such as

Framerate
AA
Texture Quality
Resolution
Model Quality
Lighting
Particle Efx
Ect

This list goes on but its essentially a check list of good or bad and that factor is determined by things such as "negative impact to playing, how close it matches reality, level of detail ect "

Its also subjective we dont compare console games to Pc games thats like apples at oranges at the stage in the consoles life span

Tunavi

Banned
I know, heres how i separate it in my head.

Im not saying anything based on an opinion
Like the above post a break down of "good graphics" must meet certain factors and Halo 4 does that.

What i see them saying is "Halo 4 looks bad" Now if Halo 4 meets all the aforementioned factors then its without any debate a good looking game. if they say its a bad looking game they are expressing a opinion and if that opinions goes against the previous established "good graphic list" answer then they are wrong.

If its not impressive to them because they expected it to have a art style like killzone then thats fine.

If its not impressive to them because they think it looks bad in relation to other console games then im stumped, i dont know what games impress them on a technical level.
Your "Good Graphics list" is the very basis of your own opinion.

zlatko

Banned

No but there has to be some checklist for what is deemed "good graphics"

Textures (hi res no blurry ect)
Models (detailed)
Lighting (realistically light areas)
Image Quality (jaggies, resolution ect)
ect

Halo 4 is ticking all those boxes.

Its not really something you can have an opinion about like a artstyle is for example.

Don't get me wrong "I" think the game looks dead sexy both on technical and art style levels. However, I'm not going to sit here and deem someone(troll or legit) wrong if they are not impressed with it. I could make the argument that Crysis 2 impressed me more than Halo 4 or Gears of War 3, and I don't feel either is too wrong as any of those 3 are dead sexy, meet YOUR criteria and can thus lead people to lean towards one more than the others as their "bar" for impressive.

If someone isn't impressed, let them not be. Haters gonna hate and such.

Trey

Im genuinely interested in how?

Its not based on opinions is based on a set of predefined categories, such as

Framerate
AA
Texture Quality
Resolution
Model Quality
Lighting
Particle Efx
Ect

This list goes on but its essentially a check list of good or bad and that factor is determined by things such as "negative impact to playing, how close it matches reality, level of detail ect "

Its also subjective we dont compare console games to Pc games thats like apples at oranges at the stage in the consoles life span

When does any of those independent factors cross into the "good" range? At what point is there a consensus? There isn't. Nevermind how those factors are balanced relative to one another, relative to the system they're being developed on, and relative to other games. Therefore, opinion.

Your "Good Graphics list" is the very basis of your own opinion.

I get that, but the "good graphic list" is based on what the general consensus deem "good" while i understand that is entirely opinionated aswell its the only way to ever get information on what is generally accepted as good graphics.

If its pushing the hardware and delivering comparable graphics quality to the "best" looking games on consoles then its good graphics thats how i see it.

The clips weren't HaloGAF montage level of greatness, but I clicked the play button mostly for Nexy's commentary anyways. I was not disappointed.

Also I started grinding out my hours for my learner's permit this morning (you have to log 50 hours before you can get the actual driver's license). How can there be so many goddamn buttons on one side of a car?

Remember: there are no medals for splatters and wheelmen in real life.

WELL THAT'S WHAT WE CALL AN OPINION

Yes i know, If im wrong then where do we as a collective draw the line on what is good or bad graphics.

Actually screw that question.

Where do we draw the line for future reference on what is good or bad full stop.

This "your opinion" bullshit dosnt work for everything. Things can actually be good and bad.

See previously i assumed that we did this be general consensus however since everything i said had some basis in that and im wrong then we must of changed and be doing it some other way so what way is that?.

Trey

Yes i know, If im wrong then where do we as a collective draw the line on what is good or bad graphics.

Actually screw that question.

Where do we draw the line for future reference on what is good or bad full stop.

This "your opinion" bullshit dosnt work for everything. Things can actually be good and bad.

See previously i assumed that we did this be general consensus however since everything i said had some basis in that and im wrong then we must of changed and be doing it some other way so what way is that?.

Welcome to the world of morals, opinions and perspective. We have cookies. Only if you're good, though.

Top Bottom