• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I wasn't actually trying to draw Elzar at all. He wanted French girls and I need to learn how to draw them properly. The dude I ended up with looks like Elzar by chance lol. I also hate drawing hands lol.

All drawn on a 3DS by the way. I'll draw some Halo stuff if people want. PM for hilarious commissions. I'm currently on a bus to Dublin so I won't be home until tomorrow night.

Is E3 here yet?

Gui_PT

I wasn't actually trying to draw Elzar at all. He wanted French girls and I need to learn how to draw them properly. The dude I ended up with looks like Elzar by chance lol. I also hate drawing hands lol.

All drawn on a 3DS by the way. I'll draw some Halo stuff if people want. PM for hilarious commissions. I'm currently on a bus to Dublin so I won't be home until tomorrow night.

Is E3 here yet?

Draw me, please. I'll use it as an avatar everywhere

Overdoziz

Banned
Gamingside Halo thread:

-New Halo footage revealed
-Random GAF member says he's not impressed
-HaloGAF calls him a troll
-Retarded argument ensues

Homeboyd

I must say, we do a fair bit more steamrolling ITT than I've seen in any others.

Let 'em talk. Tough skin and all that.

Can you really not understand why people might've thought "Oh hey, this is a new trilogy by a new developer, maybe we'll get a slightly different approach!"?

We are though.

Really, I don't think you guys should be all that mad about some of the negativity swirling Halo 4; we haven't seen much but from what we've seen it just looks like more of the same.

Can you really not understand why people might've thought "Oh hey, this is a new trilogy by a new developer, maybe we'll get a slightly different approach!"?

Gamingside Halo thread:

-New Halo footage revealed
-Random GAF member says he's not impressed
-HaloGAF calls him a troll
-Retarded argument ensues

Saying your not impressed by impressive looking visuals is trolling

Really, I don't think you guys should be all that mad about some of the negativity swirling Halo 4; we haven't seen much but from what we've seen it just looks like more of the same.

Why would you assume its not a different approach they cant just pretend that Halo 1-3 + spinoffs didnt exists, They have kept the game looking like a sequel and thats only a good thing, However much of the foundation of both MP and SP has been shaken up (so much so that some people have lost alot of hype, hence the thread title) and thats only based on the very few facts we know about Halo 4.

Visually its a stunning game, its also 720p with FXAA, its not going to be 60fps but based on the visuals its far from expected, its the best looking 360 game today. Could be the best looking console game but we will have to wait and see.

Gui_PT

People over here have been complaining about the game everyday, nothing wrong with that
So what folks here are bothered by is not the complaining, but how that complaining is presented, which is in troll form.

That's what I think the problem may be at least

GhaleonEB

They're taking a very different approach to Halo; it looks to be the biggest overhaul in series history to date. But by virtue of retaining core Halo gameplay, we're going to get lots of people begging for iron sights and calling it Halo 2.5 still. The thought of even trying to combat that is exhausting; best to ignore it.

senador

Banned
Just changed my gamertag to Franklinaut. Feels good being free from the shackles of IroncladBread

Ha! I've only played with you like twice but I assumed you were The Woblinator due to name similarities.

Really liking the idea of getting the map packs with the LE. Should massively increase the populations in DLC playlists and the chances of those maps coming up in Matchmak.. sorry.. chances of coming up in "War Games".

Same. Now that I've thought about it, I wish there was either more in the LE or that it was cheaper. I think this is a great idea though and hopefully it gets tons more DLC out there. Really hope they have a much better plan/system in place for DLC than reach too.

Anyone catch this?

- They've yet to require a hard drive for Halo multiplayer in previous titles
- The smallest flash drive you can use on a 360 is a 1GB, not 8GB. So they're definitely setting aside quite a bit of required space for DLC.

So the way that's worded, the game won't even let you play multiplayer unless you've got a USB Flash or hard drive attached. Don't know if that's just for LIVE or if it applies to LAN too.

So it seems their solution to the DLC problem is to bar everyone that cannot store all of the DLC from matchmaking. This even shuts out the 4GB Slims and they even call it out:

The sunny side of that is due to policies around disc achievements, this possible means little to no multiplayer achievables in the base 1000GS, since a minimum of that GS must be attainable on Cores.

Wow I'm super OK with this. Everyone should have fucking hard drives and stop limiting my experience since I've had an Xbox with a harddrive since 2001.

Would Frankie or Ellis please comment on how much hard drive space we should allot for Halo 4?

I have a 20 GB that im juggling space with. Got 2 gigs free at the moment.

Tons because its going to be 2 disc. ;)

10-12 if 2 disc maybe?

TheOddOne

I know I should not be suprised by how gaming side reacts to Halo threads, but sometimes sitting back is not the best tactic. Engage with people who have honoust questions and intresting topics and the thread will be fine.

Threads however that devulge into trolls talking to trolls about how bad something is, while the people who are actually intrested are drowned out, is just fucking retarted. I can't stand those bullshit troll infested threads.

You disagree? What else would you call it, Its clearly a impressive looking game by any standard and to say other wise indicates one of two things.

You cant see and/or appreciate the quality of the shot
Your a troll
I thought that post was a joke post but you were serious?

It's a subject matter. If people do not like what they see, they will not say it is impressive.

What are you even saying?
You dont think its a good looking game?

Oh look your right it looks like shit.
Please post actual responses or shut up.

I thought that post was a joke post but you were serious?

It's a subject matter. If people do not like what they see, they will not say it is impressive.

Thats the problem, on a technical level it is impressive and its not something thats up for debate. I dont like the art style of killzone for example but its still impressive from a technical standpoint it still "looks good". You cant just start saying something is unimpressive because you personally are not a fan of the design choices its still an impressive feat its just not appealing.

senador

Banned

Oh shit, who lead the troll here?

Overdoziz

Banned
What are you even saying?
You dont think its a good looking game?

Oh look your right it looks like shit.
Please post actual responses or shut up.
I think Halo 4 looks fine. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone though.
Some people aren't impressed by the graphics and/or art-style. That's fine.

Get a grip, dude.

ZalinKrow

I agree with Stalker. You can't look at those graphics and say they're bad graphics. By todays standards they're undeniably good. Whether you like them personally or not is subjective, but it's not a subjective matter that they're good graphics :p

They're taking a very different approach to Halo; it looks to be the biggest overhaul in series history to date. But by virtue of retaining core Halo gameplay, we're going to get lots of people begging for iron sights and calling it Halo 2.5 still. The thought of even trying to combat that is exhausting; best to ignore it.
I've not seen anything that screams biggest overhaul to date but then again they haven't shown much.

Oh shit, who lead the troll here?
Really?

Gui_PT

I agree with Stalker. You can't look at those graphics and say they're bad graphics. By todays standards they're undeniably good. Whether you like them personally or not is subjective, but it's not a subjective matter that they're good graphics :p

So

How'd you sleep last night?

I think Halo 4 looks fine. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone though.
Some people aren't impressed by the graphics and/or art-style. That's fine.

Get a grip, dude.

Get a grip on what exactly.

read my previous post, To deny that Halo 4 looking as it does being impressive is nothing short of wrong. People praised Gears 3 to high heaven and as of now Halo 4 is looking better than it but receiving no where near the same praise.

Im not arguing about art styles they come and go and are up for interpretation, Im saying that halo 4 looking like that on 7 year old hardware is impressive and it is. Its not something up for debate its a fact. Its visually impressive.

So

How'd you sleep last night?

In my arms

Gui_PT

Comfortably thank you very much! Haha

In my arms

tumblr_ldf09uIcex1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

Trey

I was just about to come in here and say I've never seen a fanbase so feverishly defend a game as Diablo fans are defending Diablo 3.

Then I come across this current discussion.

daedalius

C'mon Stalker, arguing with Over about graphics?

Best use of time?

Halo 4 does aesthetically pull from Halo 3 more than Reach in my opinion, however it is much more technically impressive. I think when people say 'looks like Halo 3' they might mean this... or are trolling.

Also, level 27 in Diablo 3. sogood.gif

GhaleonEB

I've not seen anything that screams biggest overhaul to date but then again they haven't shown much.
They haven't shown much, but just from what we know about how the game has changed, the scale of the changes are significant, from weapon drops to specializations. We'll have a better feel for this at E3. (Not to mention, Spartan Ops.)

senador

Banned

Really?

Yes actually. We've gone through thousands and thousands of posts discussing, defending, and arguing about the changes 343 is bringing to Halo in Halo 4. I'm excited for it, but it's polarized HaloGAF because its going to be very different from past Halos while keeping a similar feel. So, granted we haven't seen that much, you either haven't paid attention, or are trolling. You said you wanted a "slightly different approach" but are now saying you want something drastic. If you want something even more than what Halo 4 is doing then you want something entirely so changed that it's no longer Halo at all and it therefore makes no sense for you to be in Halo threads. You reak of troll.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm not arguing whether Halo 4 looks good or not, I'm arguing that people can be unimpressed by it. Some people only play on high-end PCs are not easily impressed. By their standard Halo 4 probably doesn't look all that great.

How one can argue that something is objectively good is beyond me.

People complain because it looks to be the same as previous games.

People complain because it's not Halo anymore because of the changes coming our way.

Sounds like a contradiction but it's just what happens. I enjoy Halo. I can't see that changing any time soon. I'll stay positive.

Yes actually. We've gone through thousands and thousands of threads discussing defending, and arguing about the changes 343 is bringin to Halo in Halo 4. I'm excited for it, but it's polarized HaloGAF because its going to be very different from past Halos while keeping a similar feel. So, granted we haven't seen that much, you either haven't paid attention, or are trolling. You said you wanted a "slightly different approach" but are now saying you want something drastic. If you want something even more than what Halo 4 is doing then you want something entirely do changed that it's no longer Halo at all and it therefore makes no sense for you to be in Halo threads. You wreak of troll.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't visit insular threads like this.

I pop in for one second behaving civilly and I'm instantly labeled a troll? I wreak of troll?

Goodbye, Halo-GAF.

TheOddOne

My problem also is how much of the same old troll tactics that come up in every Halo thread. Just mind boggling that people spend so much time doing it.

Gazzawa

People complain because it looks to be the same as previous games.

People complain because it's not Halo anymore because of the changes coming our way.

Sounds like a contradiction but it's just what happens. I enjoy Halo. I can't see that changing any time soon. I'll stay positive.

Did I just accidently click the Sonic the Hedgehog thread? Oh wait lol. Its FPS people will get over it.

I'm not arguing whether Halo 4 looks good or not, I'm arguing that people can be unimpressed by it. Some people only play on high-end PCs are not easily impressed. By their standard Halo 4 probably doesn't look all that great.

How one can argue that something is objectively good is beyond me.

Because its subjective, you dont go comparing nearly 7 year old hardware to bleeding egde pc tech, thats not how things work.

Its like comparing old special effects using clay to CGI, for the time it looked impressive but now it looks like shit.

Halo 4 is impressive because it looks good by todays standards and its running on old hardware, if there was a large amount of better looking console games id understand but their is maybe 4-5 comparable and on closer inspection of some Halo 4 has the upperhand with things like 720p and FXAA.

If you think that Halo 4 is not impressive in comparison to high end pc gaming thats fine, if you think the fact it looks like that on system that came out in 2005 is not impressive then you are wrong.

Yes actually. We've gone through thousands and thousands of threads discussing defending, and arguing about the changes 343 is bringin to Halo in Halo 4. I'm excited for it, but it's polarized HaloGAF because its going to be very different from past Halos while keeping a similar feel. So, granted we haven't seen that much, you either haven't paid attention, or are trolling. You said you wanted a "slightly different approach" but are now saying you want something drastic. If you want something even more than what Halo 4 is doing then you want something entirely do changed that it's no longer Halo at all and it therefore makes no sense for you to be in Halo threads. You wreak of troll.
idonothinkitmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.

ZalinKrow

Or that he can't believe what he's reading.

Haha true! But I don't think I said anything that hard to believe :/

For an xbox game, does it not look good? If you're applying PC standards then maybe it's different, but I never play PC games, so I'm applying 360 game standards.

I hate posting continuously off a mobile version, takes forever.

Well, good job Good Job Bob. Maybe you should stop dropping into threads you know nothing about and dropping ignorant and arrogant comments.
I think you're the one who needs to take a step back. I hardly think anything that he said ITT was arrogant at all. Ignorant of some of the finer details that only the nerdiest of Halo nerds know about the game so far, but no one should fault the man for that.

Trey

Peacemaker squidhands, ladies and gentlemen.

idonothinkitmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.

Homonyms are a bitch. Thanks, Obama.

Haha true! But I don't think I said anything that hard to believe :/

For an xbox game, does it not look good? If you're applying PC standards then maybe it's different, but I never play PC games, so I'm applying 360 game standards.

I hate posting continuously off a mobile version, takes forever.

I think it looks amazing. Other people might not. I actually agree with over on this one. I can think of a couple of friends that will say it "looks alright" and nothing more. They aren't trolling me. Just their honest opinion.

Top Bottom