• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

m23

ipL6WGHRxcUTb.gif

Still laughing at that missed shot at an afk guy. I want this game now.

Woorloog

Banned
Happens to me more than it should, im a fairly decent shot aswell.

Does reach track "accuracy" like Halo 2 did

Heh, happens to me too.

And "accuracy %" should be tracked, as well as shots fired. Would love to see how many bullets i fired during a BTB match with the Warthog's gatling gun...

That map is so beautiful. I could play it for days.
Yes... I love how the map is bathed in light, looks very, very nice.

EDIT too bad we don't have a map of Wrap-around (EDIT spelling?), would love to see someone to, uh, remake it with Reach Forge.

Woorloog

Banned
it looks just shy of too much - where it would affect your ability to see enemies.

I don't mind that, sight lines limited with other than objects is an intersting concept (though i do wonder about how it'll work in practice). Indeed i'd love to see maps which have heavy fog or rain to limit visibility. I admit Halo might not be the best place for such but still.

Oh and we need Weather Effects for Forge in Halo 4, make it happen 343i!

EDIT someone up for Halo Reach in 1h-1.5h?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I don't mind that, sight lines limited with other than objects is an intersting concept (though i do wonder about how it'll work in practice). Indeed i'd love to see maps which have heavy fog or rain to limit visibility. I admit Halo might not be the best place for such but still.

i dont want snipers hiding behind a wall of light making it very difficult to spot them. but thankfully, wraparound doesnt look like its that overdone.

J10

Banned
Happens to me more than it should, im a fairly decent shot aswell.

Does reach track "accuracy" like Halo 2 did

Happens a lot to me too. I'm so used to leading shots and preparing for where the target is going to be. When someone is AFK it takes me a split second longer to realize I shouldn't be leading them.

Overdoziz

Banned

Backwash was such a great map.

We can pretend the framerate drops are lightning strikes!

I'm not arguing whether Halo 4 looks good or not, I'm arguing that people can be unimpressed by it. Some people only play on high-end PCs are not easily impressed. By their standard Halo 4 probably doesn't look all that great.

How one can argue that something is objectively good is beyond me.
How the hell were people disagreeing with you?

Have no idea how ye thought G.O.B. was trolling... for heavens sake.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Wraparound looked kind of flat and boring until these clips. Love it.

Wonder what the blue curtain of light to the left in that gif is. Is it a doorway?

There was some serious animosity in those last few pages. Whenever the words "troll" and "opinion" start to become overused, you know it's heading south. Reminds me of waypoint *shudders*

You know, I don't know why it just hit me now, but wraparound looks really fun.. I just got that pang of excitement out of nowhere from that gif, something I haven't got too much from halo 4.

As for the graphical debate, I think the issue is a lot of what we have seen so far looks like the best elements from Halo 3 and Reach thrown together with a new layer of shine, making it a little familiar. That said, Halo 4 really holds up on closer inspection, and I think seeing it in person will really help, and I imagine other environments will really shine as we get to see them.

I don't know why exactly, but I find the halo ce engne to be incredibly beautiful, someone once made sandtrap in the snow using the CE engine, I thought it looked serenely amazing.

Found it!

63screenshot00-9.jpg

70screenshot00-8.jpg

I laughed at this.

Man im a sucker for that art style, I wanna see something like that in Halo 4.

Thats how you do a special edition

Damn... While thats a bit crazy, it was kinda what I wanted from Halo 4.. I wanted something crazy special like that. Ah well. :'(

I'm actually more likely to buy the Halo 4 special edition just because it doesn't have statues and plastic stuff.

Then again early access to specializations leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and some steel cases just don't fit with my other standard cases all that well.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'm not sure I understand from the news articles. Is it 9 maps available immediately/very soon? Other wise I don't see much incentive.

daedalius

Really need some new news based on the last couple pages.

Frankie never came clean on 'real' spartans in VR environments either.

Spartans murdering Spartans confirmed! Geez, the UNSC is so wasteful! no wonder the Outer Colonies are pissed off.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
That Borderlands 2 stuff really puts Halo 4's attempt to shame.

And OXM hits a good note, H4's CE really feels like DLC in a steelcase. There's nothing particularly outstanding or even memorable about it. Borderlands 2 gives you a cloth map, Halo 4 gives you a stupid coloured skin for an AR. Wow.

Top Bottom