• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Kibbles

Really need some new news based on the last couple pages.

Frankie never came clean on 'real' spartans in VR environments either.

Spartans murdering Spartans confirmed! Geez, the UNSC is so wasteful! no wonder the Outer Colonies are pissed off.

Hunger Games: Requiem

daedalius

Not sure what answer you're looking for here. Sounds like a holodeck. Hard light/force fields to give solidity (example). Armor programmed to respond to hits accordingly. It could easily fit with the fiction.

Blood and gasps of pain could be explained away better if it was all a simulation matrix style rather than 'armor being programmed to respond to being shot + blood generation'.

This is a pretty nerdy argument, but its better than what we've been talking about in here.

That Borderlands 2 stuff really puts Halo 4's attempt to shame.

And OXM hits a good note, H4's CE really feels like DLC in a steelcase. There's nothing particularly outstanding or even memorable about it. Borderlands 2 gives you a cloth map, Halo 4 gives you a stupid coloured skin for an AR. Wow.

Yup, I really don't get what they were thinking with this.. Halo 4's LE feel really...unspecial. Both Halo 3 and Reach had fairly nice collectors editions, and Halo 3 basically started the huge collectors edition trend. Why they decided to give Halo 4 a run of the mill LE I can't really understand. Shouldn't they strive for something more? Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy, MC is back and the stakes are higher than ever! Yet..the LE feels so bland, it really feels like they phoned it in.

Don't get me wrong, I do like some parts of the LE, enough to sell it to me, but I do feel deflated.

m23

After playing some Max Payne multiplayer, I'm really hoping Halo 4 has clans implemented. Playing with my crew in Max Payne is so much better, every time we get a kill, the dead will see our Didact symbol, Prometheans ftw.

I don't even know what I'd do with all that stuff.

Well then youre not a collector. I think the ultimate "what would you do with a master chief helmet anyways?" is kind of trivial. If you don't want it, you're not a collector, you're more about the games then the paraphernalia that surrounds them. Which is fine, but some people would prefer tangible as well as a pretty gold skin that goes on their virtual gun, which no one will see once Halo 5 comes out.

senador

Banned
Yup, I really don't get what they were thinking with this.. Halo 4's LE feel really...unspecial. Both Halo 3 and Reach had fairly nice collectors editions, and Halo 3 basically started the huge collectors edition trend. Why they decided to give Halo 4 a run of the mill LE I can't really understand. Shouldn't they strive for something more? Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy, MC is back and the stakes are higher than ever! Yet..the LE feels so bland, it really feels like they phoned it in.

Don't get me wrong, I do like some parts of the LE, enough to sell it to me, but I do feel deflated.

I didn't feel this way at first but I do now. Just wish there was a bit more to it, and not in statue form.

wwm0nkey

After playing some Max Payne multiplayer, I'm really hoping Halo 4 has clans implemented. Playing with my crew in Max Payne is so much better, every time we get a kill, the dead will see our Didact symbol, Prometheans ftw.

Crews are awesome but I feel it needs to have its own game mode too. The Fued system is cool but I would like to have a Crew v Crew game type.

The gameplay in Max Payne 3 is what really makes it shine, it has a lot of "perks" that don't really break the game at all and I have no idea how they got slow mo to work the way they did.

I didn't feel this way at first but I do now. Just wish there was a bit more to it, and not in statue form.
I'd love for the CE's to include a coffee table sized glossy art book, and not those tiny little hardbound fluff booklets.

Hell, put in a full size "Art of Halo" book with the soundtrack in the sleeve and I wouldn't even have to think about it.

And while its not special edition related I'd love to see 343's take on the Director's Commentary we've gotten in some Valve games.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
16 guļ līdz prāti ir izpūstas.

eUXst.jpg

16 sleeps! or one short cryo sleep..

While I myself am a sucker for statues and really wanted one, I can live without it. What I really am really missing is just that special LE that only Halo seemed to get right in the past, with all the goodies with great attention to detail that really was...special. Halo 4's is a rather tame package. Value wise it is worth the price, but it is still fairly meh. Its a shame they didn't make a Legendary edition that really nailed the feeling of something that only a game like this is worthy of.

Still, I would have killed for a statue of MC and Cortana.

senador

Banned
16 sleeps! or one short cryo sleep..

While I myself am a sucker for statues and really wanted one, I can live without it. What I really am really missing is just that special LE that only Halo seemed to get right in the past, with all the goodies with great attention to detail that really was...special. Halo 4's is a rather tame package. Value wise it is worth the price, but it is still fairly meh. Its a shame they didn't make a Legendary edition that really nailed the feeling of something that only a game like this is worthy of.

Still, I would have killed for a statue of MC and Cortana.

I like statues, I even have a Halo themed bookcase. I just don't want to pay the extra cost for one, I'd rather it be outside the game purchase itself. I want around $100 with enough cool and "limited" swag to make me feel I got a good value and some cool shit.

Woorloog

Banned
Day's (doable) challenges done and warmed up for Reach.
Need moar MM challenges... Need more good challenges. Need more challenges that net 10k+ credits easily... i need at least 200k to buy something (40k more)
EDIT All challenge payouts should be increased tenfold.

That Borderlands 2 stuff really puts Halo 4's attempt to shame.

And OXM hits a good note, H4's CE really feels like DLC in a steelcase. There's nothing particularly outstanding or even memorable about it. Borderlands 2 gives you a cloth map, Halo 4 gives you a stupid coloured skin for an AR. Wow.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.​

Is this a physical part of the LE, or another bullshit digital download?

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.​

I hope it is physical and has the same quality as Dr. Halsey's Journal. If not, the edition gets worse every more I hear about it. :(

wwm0nkey

Am I the only one who likes the Halo 4 LE? I see no problems with it and I dont want anymore useless figures or helmets that will just sit on my shelf and collect dust or be used to put on my dog and take funny pictures.

Now if the Infinity packet is as meaty as the Halsey Journal then that will be just fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a "cool virtual book" accesible from Halo Waypoint on the dash.

Woorloog

Banned
Am I the only one who likes the Halo 4 LE? I see no problems with it and I dont want anymore useless figures or helmets that will just sit on my shelf and collect dust or be used to put on my dog and take funny pictures.

No if the Infinity packet is as meaty as the Halsey Journal then that will be just fine.

I have no issues with the LE other than the FUD EE being something you watch through Waypoint. We need it either as a disc (AC2 CE(i think) had the AC Lineage on disc, why not Halo 4?) or as high quality (720p at very least, preferrably 1080p) download. And that Infinity packet better be physical...

I hope it is physical and has the same quality as Dr. Halsey's Journal. If not, the edition gets worse every more I hear about it. :(
Same here. Halsey's Journal was/is great; there needs to be more special things in special editions like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a "cool virtual book" accesible from Halo Waypoint on the dash.
Can't really say I'd be surprised either. It would be extremely disappointing, though.

It's saving trees, and helping ensure mother Earth continues to thrive. If I had my way, the steel case would also be digital.

Arnie

Am I the only one who likes the Halo 4 LE?

Please, for the love of god, don't use this phrase ever again. One of my absolute pet hates.

Of course you aren't the only one who likes the LE contents, many of us (if not all of us) do. Some of us even post pros and cons about it to avoid a simply black and white assessment.

Sorry to be blunt, long day, getting longer. <3

GhaleonEB

:/

Alright. I'll take a break.

I'm assuming it's both physical and decent sized, given how much larger the LE is compared to the DVD case. Everything else in the LE is a download code.

Halo4_Simple_LE_RGB_NoRating-2.jpg

wwm0nkey

Please, for the love of god, don't use this phrase ever again. One of my absolute pet hates.

Of course you aren't the only one who likes the LE contents, many of us (if not all of us) do. Some of us even post pros and cons about it to avoid a simply black and white assessment.

Sorry to be blunt, long day, getting longer. <3

Nope I am the only one!

(I know some others like it but I was simply stating that liking it seems to be the minority opinion around here)

feel

Now if the Infinity packet is as meaty as the Halsey Journal then that will be just fine.
Agree 100%, I like the simple direction of the Halo 4 LE, FUD SE not being on a disc was a letdown, but the craftsmanship on the Steelcase and the SpartanIV physical stuff included on the big box should be tops (judging by recent Microsoft special editions like the ones from Gears 3 and Reach).

Arnie

Nope I am the only one!

(I know some others like it but I was simply stating that liking it seems to be the minority opinion around here)

I personally love the understated silver case, especially as opposed to the bulky and grotesque looking Reach one. Reminds me of Halo 2's LE.

And the inclusion of DLC is the best thing they could have done, in my opinion. I'd have bought the LE regardless, so getting all that content which I would've paid extra for is a major boon.

Top Bottom