• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

JuanGGZ

Banned
Not finished yet. No one's crudely shopped a BR over the AR.

Well, not as good as the original, but if you need a BR with this .gif

halo_4_box_art_halogaf_br.gif

Retro

Also, totally don't mean to brag, but I'm going to Cedar fucking Point.

Awesome. Used to live about an hour and a half away from CP. If it's your first time, have fun and stay off the Mean Streak if you value your life (damn thing should have shaken itself apart 15 years ago, shouldn't even be standing). If it's a return trip, rock on.

Also, ride the Iron Dragon once for me if it's still up. Not the best in the park by any means, but it always had short lines, a unique feel from the hanging cars and it rode over the water so it was cooler temperature-wise. I'd be surprised if it's around much longer, it's dead-center in the park and they've been running out of room on the point since before I was born. One of my favorites to just hop on and relax.

Am I the only one who likes the Halo 4 LE?
I like what the LE has to offer me. I'm paying $60 for the game, $30 for the DLC and $10 for a bunch of stuff that I know will bring me at least $10 worth of entertainment.

Both levels of Borderlands 2 special edition feel like expensive stuff that I would either not use or not get enough fun out of for them to be worth the price. I do understand why some people would want a bobblehead/statue/replica AR for Halo and the good news is 343 provides those experiences through means other than a collector's edition of the game.

Frankly, I think you mean all in flavor, right?

I know, I know, wurst pun ever.
Pretty good.
I relish every chance I get to link up with you guys, even if it involves butchering the English language. Like I said beefore, this thread moves too fast and try as I like, I just can't ketchup with you guys. Have pity on a por kid like me, there's no way I'll ever be cured.
I shall call you "The Punisher" from now on.

789shadow

Banned
Awesome. Used to live about an hour and a half away from CP. If it's your first time, have fun and stay off the Mean Streak if you value your life (damn thing should have shaken itself apart 15 years ago, shouldn't even be standing). If it's a return trip, rock on.

Also, ride the Iron Dragon once for me if it's still up. Not the best in the park by any means, but it always had short lines, a unique feel from the hanging cars and it rode over the water so it was cooler temperature-wise. I'd be surprised if it's around much longer, it's dead-center in the park and they've been running out of room on the point since before I was born. One of my favorites to just hop on and relax.
I plan to ride all of them. Unless it's a kiddy coaster.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HaloGAF will be my home. Gaming side Halo threads will be my tomb.

Anybody have a decent collection of Halo images that show off the game in a 'decent light'? I just want to hear his what he comes up with against each of them. Cause apparently all of Halo's art is bland generic shit and we should feel bad for liking it.

Retro

I plan to ride all of them. Unless it's a kiddy coaster.

Nah, it's definitely not in the same league as stuff like the Magnum XL (God, why do all of these roller coasters sound like penis slang?), but still a 'grown up' ride. I always liked it because it was my first coaster where the carts hang below the track and swing outward with the centrifugal force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmcVcrVI6k

Looks like they painted it though. Again, not the best coaster in the park, but it was always one of my favorites. Good to know it's not dead.

Edit: Oh yeah, it goes through a forested area and they spray mist too. Forgot about that. Definitely nice on a hot summer day.

789shadow

Banned
Nah, it's definitely not in the same league as stuff like the Magnum XL (God, why do all of these roller coasters sound like penis slang?), but still a 'grown up' ride. I always liked it because it was my first coaster where the carts hang below the track and swing outward with the centrifugal force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmcVcrVI6k

Looks like they painted it though. Again, not the best coaster in the park, but it was always one of my favorites. Good to know it's not dead.

Edit: Oh yeah, it goes through a forested area and they spray steam too. Forgot about that.
So it's like Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

R.I.P. Big Bad Wolf. :(

Retro

So it's like Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

R.I.P. Big Bad Wolf. :(

Never been on it, I spent my time in Williamsburg doing nerdy things like visiting the Colonial town and such. Looking at videos of it though, it does look similar, but I don't remember being so restrained on the Iron Dragon.

Sucks it's gone, always sad to see a good coaster die.

Watching that Iron Dragon video, you kind of see how cramped that damn park is now. It was a decade ago at least when I went and they were out of room then. I think it was something like 15 last time I went, not counting a shitload of stuff that doesn't count as a coaster.

Top Bottom