• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

TheOddOne

I'm curious, has anyone here actually tasted pee? I'm guessing not, but you never know.

Edit: quite salty, which to be expected, apparently from internet sources.
ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Anybody have a decent collection of Halo images that show off the game in a 'decent light'? I just want to hear his what he comes up with against each of them. Cause apparently all of Halo's art is bland generic shit and we should feel bad for liking it.

Not at hand but visually good levels.

CE:A

PoA
Halo
AotCR

H3

The Ark
The Covenant
Halo

Halo ODST

Hub World
NMPD HQ
Data Hive
Coastal Highway

Halo Reach.

Exodus
New Alexandria
PoA

As for mutliplayer maps, ... Alot of them its easier to name ugly maps honestly

Backwash
Longshore
Halo PC maps
Gemini
Elongation
Citadel

Havok

Anybody have a decent collection of Halo images that show off the game in a 'decent light'? I just want to hear his what he comes up with against each of them. Cause apparently all of Halo's art is bland generic shit and we should feel bad for liking it.
I don't understand how you guys haven't learned yet, years and years later. You've let him win by constantly engaging. Every single time a Halo gaming side thread is posted it is dominated by one guy posting something that is admittedly silly and then five pages of fanatics in Halo Defense Mode jumping on him instead of just ignoring it. The defenders end up looking just as insane as the instigator.

I know the reflex action is to correct someone on their dumb bullshit, but sometimes it's just not worth it.

I can't decided if I'd rather get a trailer like that or a level demo at E3. They'd probably save such media for a later date though, considering we haven't even seen the new enemy (toys notwithstanding)
I am not really talking about E3. I'm just saying Halo 4 needs such a trailer. It can be the launch trailer etc.

I was really disappointed with ODST's, Reach's trailer. The Anniversary Launch trailer was okay. But not as good as the Halo 2-3 trailers.

I don't understand how you guys haven't learned yet, years and years later. You've let him win by constantly engaging. Every single time a Halo gaming side thread is posted it is dominated by one guy posting something that is admittedly silly and then five pages of fanatics in Halo Defense Mode jumping on him instead of just ignoring it. The defenders end up looking just as insane as the instigator.

I know the reflex action is to correct someone on their dumb bullshit, but sometimes it's just not worth it.

Im usually fine with it and let it slide, people have different tastes and I get and respect that. But man, some of the comments this time, and the authority that they were made with was a bit much, and I honestly had to at least try to see where that guy was coming from.. so when it gets slammed I feel a need to defend it were applicable if I feel what was said was unreasonable. That said, Halo sometimes can be visually bland, but to say its plagued by bad art..

but to be fair, I wasn't even defense mode so much as 'what the hell are you trying to say' mode.

This is probably still my favorite Reach panorama.

Warning: extreme screen-stretchage inbound. Click for comfort.

But dammit, if that grain filter isn't ugly as sin.

Damnnnn that is sexy.....

And yeah, the grain really stands out there. Imagine Reach without the grain, better lighting and better self shadowing.
Halo 4?

I am not really talking about E3. I'm just saying Halo 4 needs such a trailer. It can be the launch trailer etc.

I was really disappointed with ODST's, Reach's trailer. The Anniversary Launch trailer was okay. But not as good as the Halo 2-3 trailers.

Actually just watched the Halo 3 trailer. Soooooo good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The hyperbole in the H4 thread is killing me.

And Overdoziz your post is still making me die with laughter.

Havok

Im usually fine with it and let it slide, people have different tastes and I get and respect that. But man, some of the comments this time, and the authority that they were made with was a bit much, and I honestly had to at least try to see where that guy was coming from.. so when it gets slammed I feel a need to defend it were applicable if I feel what was said was unreasonable. That said, Halo sometimes can be visually bland, but to say its plagued by bad art..

but to be fair, I wasn't even defense mode so much as 'what the hell are you trying to say' mode.
It wasn't really directed specifically at you, just that mentality. It happens with every single Halo thread outside of this one, and it got old years back. From arguments about milking the franchise to this graphical stuff, it's always the same.

Someone is definitely getting banned in that gaming side thread, lol.

Ahh, my mistake. Yes, I agree with you that it does. Having that trailer debut on TV or something to that effect would be amazing.

And yeah, Halo 3's marketing really felt a lot more effective and encompassing than Reach's. It was touted as an EVENT.

You have a kind heart
image.php

image.php

It wasn't really directed specifically at you, just that mentality. It happens with every single Halo thread outside of this one, and it got old years back. From arguments about milking the franchise to this graphical stuff, it's always the same.

Nah, I know and I agree. My passion for art in general tends to make me always want to discuss it, whether positive or negative, but clearly sometimes it should be avoided.

Rtas

just went to gaming side and...

rmUQk.gif

Wishing I did the same. Also not sure if this is the right place but I ran a search and the other Halo Gaf threads were dead, so I'd like to add my gamertag to halo gaf, its Deathman1000, and I'll be available pretty much all the time after next month for customs/campaign/multiplayer.

Top Bottom