• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Woorloog

Banned
I'll repeat what i asked about RFG on this new page.
Oh yeah, it occured while we were playing that how many here have Red Faction Guerrilla and how many want to play its multiplayer sometime?
We could make a RFG community playdate, IIRC the MM is more or less dead for that game.

And i'll also repeat: Is someone still going to play Reach? I'm still online.

Woorloog

Banned
Amazing game, then they gave the fans what they absolutely did not want with armageddon, and then they wondered why it didn't sell.

Dumb.

Indeed. RFG was rough around the edges but the idea, core gameplay, that was awesome (and that movement/aiming, loved the freedom and fluidity of it). I played the multiplayer only a little but it did feel pretty nice but playing such a game with random people just doesn't work.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Can we have Squid emblems to show that we're a part of Majestic Squid? Maybe a Crown background?

squorse_s.jpg

TCKaos

I'm gonna make a petition for a squid patch to Majestic Squad

Fixed that for you.

Also, is anyone not going to get the Limited Edition? I mean, if you're planning on buying the DLC (which I imagine most of us will) then you're essentially paying for the DLC upfront, which would be worth $30 on its own. That boosts the price to $90 anyway, so why not just drop the extra $10 on exclusive in-game goodies with a steel box and a live action series?

Haven't checked my XBL messages in a few days, found this gem:

PZ5jL.jpg

Censored the part where he gives me his name, age, and hometown.

I9KUy.jpg

I'm tempted to reply "It is known." but I think I'll just resist the urge to troll. That kind of behavior is frowned on here at 314 Industries.

I litterally laughed so loud at my desk it was uncontrollable.

zap

Fixed that for you.

Also, is anyone not going to get the Limited Edition? I mean, if you're planning on buying the DLC (which I imagine most of us will) then you're essentially paying for the DLC upfront, which would be worth $30 on its own. That boosts the price to $90 anyway, so why not just drop the extra $10 on exclusive in-game goodies with a steel box and a live action series?

For me it would cost $100 for the game and $37.50 for the maps - $137.50 total.
I can buy the LE for $130

<3

NZD

Fixed that for you.

which you assume will be worth $30 on its own

Fixed that for you.

I'm getting the LE, but only because I'm willing to bet that I will like the game as much as (or more than) Reach. I completely understand why people would be a little gun shy over dropping an extra $40 bucks on DLC and goodies for a game that may disappoint them.

Also: there is no way that Activision's problems with Infinity Ward will prevent Blops 2 from coming out. Worst case scenario (for Activision/CoD fans) is that they settle, the game is slightly delayed, and Infinity Ward gets a hefty share of the profits.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

PZ5jL.jpg

I9KUy.jpg

I'm tempted to reply "It is known." but I think I'll just resist the urge to troll. That kind of behavior is frowned on here at 314 Industries.
That guy messaged me, too! Said thanks for making Halo. I told him to fuck off and signed my name Frankie.
Just kidding! I gave him a polite response and let him believe I work for 343, hahaha.

I wonder how the hell he found us...?

PZ5jL.jpg

I9KUy.jpg

I got the same stuff. Maybe he thinks we are working for 343 because of the HaloFest video. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY HOODIE?!

Tradition? How many Halo games had a Legendary edition. Only two of 6 games. You can not call that tradition.

That guy messaged me, too! Said thanks for making Halo. I told him to fuck off and signed my name Frankie.
Just kidding! I gave him a polite response and let him believe I work for 343, hahaha.

I wonder how the hell he found us...?

The theory that fracas and I have is he found fracas' name after Kotaku made an article linking to the Halo 4 boxart thread of his. This is because these messages went out about an hour after the Kotaku article. Then Cold Steel branched out starting from fracas' friendslist until he got to almost all of us.

The theory that fracas and I have is he found fracas' name after Kotaku made an article linking to the Halo 4 boxart thread of his. This is because these messages went out about an hour after the Kotaku article. Then Cold Steel branched out starting from fracas' friendslist until he got to almost all of us.
No. I got a Friend Request and a message last Sunday before the cover unveil.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, I see. Kid's got initiative, I like that! We should pull some strings and get him hired to 343 post haste.

Its pretty bad that the current people who dont work for 343i are getting these messages when people like me who do actually work their aint getting anything.

Rtas

Its pretty bad that the current people who dont work for 343i are getting these messages when people like me who do actually work their aint getting anything.

So what you're saying is, we should spam you with messages asking if we can work for 343?

Because if it is, I'm happy to help :p

This is the first LE that I've considered buying, never been a fan of extraneous fluff that looks embarrassing to visitors (i.e Spartan helmets and dolls).
I do not mind giant statue etc. But my Halo: Reach Legendary edition has a pretty bad paint job. If I want a statue, I want a high-quality one which is impossible to put it into a CE which should only cost $150.

Ah, nevermind then. So yep, I'd say the Halofest video. But then how did he get the rest of our names?
Maybe he found our post quoted at HaloWaypoint and thought that we worked there.

Gui_PT

If you guys work for 343, stop lazying around here, find the fps knob and turn it up to 60, apply some color to forge and remove that stupid headshot text from the middle of the screen

Also, give me your most recent build

Rtas

If you guys work for 343, stop lazying around here, find the fps knob and turn it up to 60, apply some color to forge and remove that stupid headshot text from the middle of the screen

And give chief his codpiece back, his bulge is making me feel inadequate

FPS knob has chewing gum stuck on it keeping it at a solid 30.
We just ran out of all colours in the pallet apart from shades of grey.
We already wrote that text and no tippex is around.

Most recent build isnt stable can only ship the early trail builds.

Its Halo Reach but we where testing armour lock so all AA's are inf armour lock with focus rifle starts, Iv sent a copy to all the HaloGAF V.I.P

Rtas

FPS knob has chewing gum stuck on it keeping it at a solid 30.
We just ran out of all colours in the pallet apart from shades of grey.
We already wrote that text and no tippex is around.

Most recent build isnt stable can only ship the early trail builds.

Its Halo Reach but we where testing armour lock so all AA's are inf armour lock with focus rifle starts, Iv sent a copy to all the HaloGAF V.I.P

But what about the giant spartan bulge? Seriously, its making me question my manhood here

Woorloog

Banned
Avatar change success, i hope no one else has too similar avatar...

EDIT anyone up for Reach? Actually nevermind, a bit too late. Tomorrow.

Rtas

Super soliders dont have sex they are too busy. John got a crazy case of Blue Balls.
The bulge stays artistic decision to reflect his pent up frustration.

New mini game confirmed then? Chief has marathon jack off session in the cryo tube, hence his immediate jump when cortana calls him, he was soo close.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm fine with no legendary edition aslong as the limited edition isn't limited at all :lol

TBH this one may actually be limited looking at it. It includes all the map packs so it's reasonably priced. It probably won't be, but if any of them would have been, I think this one has the better chance to be.

m23

TBH this one may actually be limited looking at it. It includes all the map packs so it's reasonably priced. It probably won't be, but if any of them would have been, I think this one has the better chance to be.

I was thinking the opposite. Considering there is not statue or large physical piece, I don't see a reason for limiting it. Most of the stuff looks like it will be digital so limiting it would serve no purpose. Of course it will be limited to a point that any other special edition would be, but just not as much as say a legendary edition would have been.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anybody who uses the arguments "bend over and take it" and "butthurt" is really narrow minded.

Bend over and take it, that will leave you butthurt.

Refute that argument. ;)

I was thinking the opposite. Considering there is not statue or large physical piece, I don't see a reason for limiting it. Most of the stuff looks like it will be digital so limiting it would serve no purpose. Of course it will be limited to a point that any other special edition would be, but just not as much as say a legendary edition would have been.

The price point would be the reason. I think other LEs that have been made like this were limited.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, just that it might. But of course it won't. BRAIN BENDER!

Top Bottom