• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

The cheetah blood isn't working. Painting flames on the side of my PC.

55%

Assuming the YouTube upload takes 15 minutes it will be up by 6.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't think it would be wise for MS to wait that long to release their next console. If Sony gets a head start like MS did this gen, they could be in trouble.

The original Xbox released after PS2 and if I remember right ended up catching up with Sony at/near the end.

They aren't worried. (perhaps they should be)

Just because Thief 4 might release in late '13, OXM is predicting a 2014 launch for the 720? That's their logic?

A Halo 2 Anniversary would be incredible. No amount of pants changing could cover the awesomeness (provided MP is part of it this time).

2 years down the line I would have to assume MP would be a part of it...

However, that would mean we wouldn't be getting Halo 5 in 2 years.

I doubt this is true.

Fuchsdh

Still think it will be in 2013. MS learned with the 360 that getting a jump on the launch is the way to go, I think they'd love to release a year before Sony again, or at least make sure they don't release their console after them.

Xbox 3 in 2013, Halo 4 in 2014 (2 year dev cycle what is this madness?!)

Did they confirm Halo's going on 2 year dev cycles? I really hope they rethink that.

Sony Vegas has actually been crashing on me a lot today, but I think that's just because I've been switching between that and my capture card program so much. Should be fine now.

25% done.
Well that's your problem. If you were editing in Final Cut we'd have seen this montage weeks ago :p

Fuchsdh

Halo 2 Anniversary would be a campaign only remake, I'm betting.

Hoping we'll see Halo 5 three years after Halo 4.

If we get anything for Halo 2's tenth anniversary it'll be a map pack at best, I'd wager. And none of those maps would be Turf, Relic, Backwash, or Terminal, so I wouldn't care.

El_Chino

It all sounds possible to me. You launch a new console and have a remake of the game that helped Xbox Live take off to what it is today and the following year you have Halo 5, this is of course assuming it'll be a 3 year development cycle between halo 4 and halo 5.

This entire football season brought to you by M. Night Shamalan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woorloog

Banned
-talk about football-

This talk about... football? It's like some odd language that uses the same words as English but makes no sense to me...
Ah, well, i get that feeling from many other sources as well (like HaloGAF at times).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
All the Bayern talk ignores the more important fact that Heart of Midlothian DESTROYED Hibernian 5-1 in the first all Edinburgh cup final for more than 100 years.

i dont need a halo 2 remake, because they'll take out the glitches and button combos.

just make it an XBLA game and bring it back online.

Woorloog

Banned
i dont need a halo 2 remake, because they'll take out the glitches and button combos.

If they just make a campaign remake, no need to remove that stuff. If they make a multiplayer remake too, they absolutely need to remove that shit from the MM. Customs could have an option to enable them though.

EDIT somewhat based on Elzar's suggestion, i made a change on my avatar.
Not ideal but couldn't do much else, why cannot these Reach medals and pics have transparent backrounds...

Ryaaan14

Banned
If they just make a campaign remake, no need to remove that stuff. If they make a multiplayer remake too, they absolutely need to remove that shit from the MM. Customs could have an option to enable them though.

They will likely use the Halo 4 engine just as CEA used Reach's engine. It would be stupid as hell to use Halo 2's absolutely broken online multiplayer.

Rending done. It's uploading now. ETA 18 minutes. It will go live here: http://youtu.be/BnfTuaPeJWE

I did a spot-check and found a few minor issues in the video, some of the transitions are a little off. Shouldn't be too noticeable, but I'll restart my computer and re-render when I have a spare hour. (Didn't expect a 14-minute video to require 64 minutes to render.)

Woorloog

Banned
They will likely use the Halo 4 engine just as CEA used Reach's engine. It would be stupid as hell to use Halo 2's absolutely broken online multiplayer.

Halo CEA didn't use Reach engine, it used a proprietary engine to render the new graphics layer but otherwised used Halo CE engine.

Why is this a bad thing?

wut

Yea super bouncing in matchmaking was bad, but people spent hours in custom games glitching out of maps. As for button combos...well I personally don't have a problem with them, but that's just me

edit: I can see why people would want these patched, but I honestly feel like they hold a spot in Halo 2.

EDIT somewhat based on Elzar's suggestion, i made a change on my avatar.
Not ideal but couldn't do much else, why cannot these Reach medals and pics have transparent backrounds...
It's not hard to take out the solid coloured background, gimme the source image and I'll fix it up for you.

Woorloog

Banned
It's not hard to take out the solid coloured background, gimme the source image and I'll fix it up for you.

Yes it is difficult as one point of the star is almost black. I did try to that myself...
But you can try if you wish.
Wait a moment as i look for the source... EDIT here http://www.halopedian.com/images/c/c1/EMP_Blast!.png
EDIT do note that i'm a perfectionist on a thing like this, when I do something like this, i try to do it perfectly, even if you cannot see it in the end result.

Retro

All the Bayern talk ignores the more important fact that Heart of Midlothian DESTROYED Hibernian 5-1 in the first all Edinburgh cup final for more than 100 years.

Doesnt even come close to the Solnhofen / Rhamphorhynchus matchup of nineteen aught 8, there hasn't been a markstep the likes of Brandish's left quarter roughshot since and there likely never will be, though Zeigler's stroke at the end of last season's game made Boston look like a fool.

See, I can make up crazy sport sounding things too.

kylej

Banned
really, the montage is just a caption added to a Forge screenshot? lame (i apologize for this terrible joke)

sce.png

FyreWulff

Microsoft will never release a Halo game exclusively onto the XBLA ghetto. This franchise is retail tier. And the multiplayer was a buggy/laggy as fuck. I'd rather any 2 remake just include maps for 4 or Reach.

edit: but also, if 2 were to ever be remade, I'd want it to actually be remade and not a portmake like CE:A

Top Bottom