• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

wwm0nkey

Microsoft will never release a Halo game exclusively onto the XBLA ghetto. This franchise is retail tier.

I do not agree.

Minecraft showed that XBLA is a amazing platform capable of crazy sales. Also a retail release would take away from the current Halo's player base and cost them a lot of money if they redo the graphics and ect which is bad, so a MP only release of Halo 2 with no graphic changes would actually be great because as much as I LOVE Halo 2 I doubt a lot of people would buy it as a retail product.

Also they could market it as the e-sport centered Halo lol.

Karl2177

Microsoft will never release a Halo game exclusively onto the XBLA ghetto. This franchise is retail tier. And the multiplayer was a buggy/laggy as fuck. I'd rather any 2 remake just include maps for 4 or Reach.

edit: but also, if 2 were to ever be remade, I'd want it to actually be remade and not a portmake like CE:A

*complains about CEA playlists*
*wants a H2 remake to not have multiplayer*

They will likely use the Halo 4 engine just as CEA used Reach's engine. It would be stupid as hell to use Halo 2's absolutely broken online multiplayer.

Disagree strongly about it being stupid, Patch that BRX bullshit out and super jumping and Halo 2 is gold. However Providing Halo 4 MP is solid id be fine if they remade the H2 classics.

Coagulation
Turf
Lockout
Midship
Zanzibar
Sanctuary
Foundation

Id love H2A and i think its pretty likely given the Success and Acclaim of HCE:A but i dont think it will come with the Xbox 720 launch, Thats launching 2013 No doubt in my mind about that.

Pretty much everything is pointing at 2013 now, no reason devs would have devkits this early (manufacturing on these has happened already apparently) or tech demos would be shown of (crytek reportedly have seen target renders and epic know the specs)

FyreWulff

I do not agree.

Minecraft showed that XBLA is a amazing platform capable of crazy sales. Also a retail release would take away from the current Halo's player base and cost them a lot of money if they redo the graphics and ect which is bad, so a MP only release of Halo 2 with no graphic changes would actually be great because as much as I LOVE Halo 2 I doubt a lot of people would buy it as a retail product.

Also they could market it as the e-sport centered Halo lol.

Minecraft is at the top of the heap of what will ultimately be a lower potential cap of sales than if it had been a retail title (and expect it to have an Unplugged release eventually)

And the Anniversary disc release already shows they're not really concerned with avoiding playerbase splits. An MP-only release results in less sales, even on XBLA, where you have to be online to buy it.

I mean it'd be cool to see and all, but if people want to play Halo 2 online over LIVE, Microsoft's reply is currently going to be Halo 2 Vista. Otherwise, it's a no win situation. Let's say they release it. It'll already start with less population playing online than 4. Then people will be driven away by people bouncing to the top of the maps and doing other glitches. And if all the glitches are removed, the people that wanted them will bitch and not buy the game. It was fine for CE:A to keep the original's games bugs since it was a campaign-centric release. I mean hell, the game would be changed solely off them fixing the host-only physics bug, let alone removing BXR and doubleshot.

So when you're at the point that you don't want to release an exploitable online, the best answer is usually just to bring the maps forward into the current release and call it a day. Although like I've said before, it should only be a code for the maps included with the game and not a playerbase-splitting disc, unless it's Halo 4: Mythic.

Woorloog

Banned
3 and half minute watched from the montage, so frigging amazing stuff everything so far.
And perfect choice for music, the best piece in Reach i think.

EDIT and the second music, whatever its name was (eludes me ATM) is excellent... damn that Reach beta trailer was amazing back then.
EDIT that griffball clip reminds me of my Halo 3 Griffball matches, i just ran around with the bomb beating people, winning nearly every time.

Disagree strongly about it being stupid, Patch that BRX bullshit out and super jumping and Halo 2 is gold. However Providing Halo 4 MP is solid id be fine if they remade the H2 classics.

Coagulation
Turf
Lockout
Midship
Zanzibar
Sanctuary
Foundation

Id love H2A and i think its pretty likely given the Success and Acclaim of HCE:A but i dont think it will come with the Xbox 720 launch, Thats launching 2013 No doubt in my mind about that.

Pretty much everything is pointing at 2013 now, no reason devs would have devkits this early (manufacturing on these has happened already apparently) or tech demos would be shown of (crytek reportedly have seen target renders and epic know the specs)

i guess im the only one that likes glitching.

SKvaG.gif

Doh, the first like 5 second of my clip is a black screen. Booo!

Yeah, those black screen sections are not intentional. I think it's because I was impatiently trying to get it rendered and didn't restart my computer once I finished editing.

Hopefully a re-render will fix that, sorry.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah, those black screen sections are not intentional. I think it's because I was impatiently trying to get it rendered and didn't restart my computer once I finished editing.

Hopefully a re-render will fix that, sorry.

It's cool bud, you put a lot of work into it. Thanks!

Ending was awesome.

Intro and montage of the forever :lol

Also, it looks like you missed one assasination (it was a triple not a double) from my clip but it doesn't really matter.

Congrats on the awesome job.

That clip where a group of HaloGAFers is trying to grab the enemy team flag should be in a Fails of the Weak episode. Geoff would die from laughter.

Intro was amazing. So was the ending. Great work overall. Forgot I submitted that particular clip.

Retro

Wow. If someone didn't know better, my clip (abut 2:30) makes it look like I know what I'm doing. At least two of those kills are against super soft targets.

Fuckin' Great montage. Here's to a Halo 4 version in 2013.

kylej

Banned
btw duncan, you can put annotations on videos, so like "Watch in 720p!" with an arrow pointing to the little cog settings button can be done for 5 seconds at the start if you want to do something like that.

damn that was so sick. awesome ending too. Great work Duncan.

henery's killamanjaro on the cage made me pee myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdy1KWQbpQo

Thanks man!

Brilliant montage Duncan, great to see everyone's best. The intro was spectacular (Dat Eazy reference) and the Tashi clip was great. Thanks for putting it all together.

Standout moments:

Gui's ninja's on top of Spire (on a Falcon no less!)

The flip flappin trying to get the flag in the Hog

Tawpgun's assassination massacre in Team Snipers

Retro

I just noticed that I kill a husband and wife team. Twice each. I hopefully caused a divorce. I imagine he started yelling at her about how bad she sucks, and where was she when he needed backup, and she got upset because she's trying to enjoy the same hobbies as he does, she really is, and when's the last time he did something she liked doing, and he fired back "Oh, but I bitch and whine all the time", then she threw a frag but of course he used Evade, which brought him entirely across the room, allowing him to melee her twice for the win.

Don't worry, they made up later and there was stickies for all.

Most montages even shorter than that have me skipping through a lot of it, that one did not. Great work dude, and some of those clips were damn hilarious.
Almost makes Reach look fun to play.

Myyke

Neo Member
Your montage-fu is strong Duncan, really enjoyed it and excellent editing work!

If only Elzar had pestered me a little more I might have gotten round to submitting something to you...

Top Bottom