• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I used to have a 20gb hard drive that actually only had 12 gigs of space.

So I couldn't even play BF3 with it. That's insane

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What in the hell is happening in this thread

Every day this week coming into this thread has been like opening an advent calendar. You never know whether it's going to be a sweet surprise or a horrifying close the window as fast as you can creep fest.

Today's toad sphincter surprise is self explanatory. (and oddly probably a good GT)

Trey

The function is making it a useful powerful weapon. All weapons in multiplayer should be powerful in some way, otherwise what's the point of them being there?

To fill a role. The pistol's current role is to be a quicker alternative to taking out a weakened opponent than reloading your spent main weapon. It's not really designed to be used on its own.

But if you had to design the pistol to be useful on its own, how would you do it?

senador

Banned
To fill a role. The pistol's current role is to be a quicker alternative to taking out a weakened opponent than reloading your spent main weapon. It's not really designed to be used on its own.

But if you had to design the pistol to be useful on its own, how would you do it?

Give it a bigger clip.

Ryaaan14

Banned
When I was a little kid, one of the neighbor boys brought me to his yard to show me a toad he caught. This kid was a real dirty little fucker too. The kid actually picked the toad up by it's front legs and "danced" with it. The toad then blasted piss all over the kid.

Just thought I'd share my toad story.

senador

Banned
Doesn't make it a viable primary weapon. It would be a spammy, inaccurate, luckshow. I thought you guys hated the AR.

Pistol is one of my top weapons in Reach. I use it almost exclusively in AR start games. The only thing I'd want to make it better is a bigger clip as right now you can barely pull off a single kill with it. Everything else about it is fine IMO.

Am I the only person who think a primary weapon should be able to kill 3 people at least without reloading. The secondary weapon should be able to kill at 2 people. 343i should really consider making things a 4sk. I would prefer 3sk, but i think people would say that is too fast. I think that is one of the best ways to ensure that AA aren't overpowered.

Tawpgun

I bought a launch 360.

20 gigs.

And BF3 might be making me buy an overpriced xbox harddrive? Not only that, but one that isn't in production anymore? (Old Xbox)

I used to have a 20gb hard drive that actually only had 12 gigs of space.

So I couldn't even play BF3 with it. That's insane

Well 7.3 GB is the installed MP disc. You don't have to install that.

A weapon can fill a role and still be useful and powerful. I don't think a weapon should be designed to only be useful if I run out of ammo with my other weapon and maybe have one weak or no shields player in front of me. That is a useless weapon in my opinion.

An easy improvement to what we are currently looking at in H4 is to simply bump the clip size to 12. It is a 6sk, so you get 2 perfect kills per clip. With only 2 perfect kills per clips and 6 shots to kill, it is without a doubt a secondary to a rifle like the DMR or BR, but at the same time if I find myself in a situation where I'm holding a Magnum, and a couple guys come at me, I actually have a chance to fight them. With what we have now, I may as well just put down my controller and wait for respawn.

Am I the only person who think a primary weapon should be able to kill 3 people at least without reloading. The secondary weapon should be able to kill at 2 people. 343i should really consider making things a 4sk. I would prefer 3sk, but i think people would say that is too fast. I think that is one of the best ways to ensure that AA aren't overpowered.
terribke idea.i like that it takes a while to kill someone. a camper wont win most of the time and also you have a chance to fight back if they shoot you from behind.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Probably.

BigShow36

There's almost always another primary weapon you can swap out your secondary weapon for. While I agree that occassionally the pistol would be useful if you're in a bind right off the spawn, if its a worthless weapon its alwayst just going to be dropped for a better secondary.

Make it 100% accurate, no bloom, a 6 shot kill with a 18 round clip with very low aim assist and a pretty high RoF.

senador

Banned
A weapon can fill a role and still be useful and powerful. I don't think a weapon should be designed to only be useful if I run out of ammo with my other weapon and maybe have one weak or no shields player in front of me. That is a useless weapon in my opinion.

An easy improvement to what we are currently looking at in H4 is to simply bump the clip size to 12. It is a 6sk, so you get 2 perfect kills per clip. With only 2 perfect kills per clips and 6 shots to kill, it is without a doubt a secondary to a rifle like the DMR or BR, but at the same time if I find myself in a situation where I'm holding a Magnum, and a couple guys come at me, I actually have a chance to fight them. With what we have now, I may as well just put down my controller and wait for respawn.

Do want.

Make it 100% accurate, a 6 shot kill with a 18 round clip with very low aim assist and a pretty high RoF.

Not this though, that puts it over the top.

Trey

How do you ask that and then repeat verbatim what another poster said? lol

Fuchsdh

fMoOS.jpg

*sheds single tear*

Never forget. Halo 3--the last time Grunts were vaguely cute.*

*I understand why people would not be threatened by wise-cracking Grunts, but I always found it a great part of why I enjoyed the Halo series in general, and also a great contrast to the Grunts on Legendary, who could rip you full of holes very quickly. Just because they were squat and funny didn't mean you'd be laughing.

MrBig

I bought a launch 360.

20 gigs.

And BF3 might be making me buy an overpriced xbox harddrive? Not only that, but one that isn't in production anymore? (Old Xbox)

spend $1300 on a pc like I did it will solve all your problems and make you better and stronger

rip Ellis's doorstop

Risen

So are there any Reach playlists I can play where there's Zero Bloom and DMR starts that isn't MLG? If I want to play without a team, I'd rather not go into MLG where there's about 3 maps and 2 gametypes, but every other playlist seems completely terrible and has bloom.

I believe Super Slayer has it in the mix as a voting option that can pop up...

terribke idea.i like that it takes a while to kill someone. a camper wont win most of the time and also you have a chance to fight back if they shoot you from behind.
I could understand that logic in the past Halo, but these AA extend the life of people already. All you have to do is sprint(I know no longer an AA), use your HLS, or thrust away to survive.

I hope it snows by November 6th in Pittsburgh, I want some snow when I play Halo 4 for the first time and I don't know why.

fMoOS.jpg

*sheds single tear*

Yeah, I really don't get why they changed em so freaking much, I love the new armor and head, but I don't get whats going on with the new arms/legs, and especially the feet.

Grunt's head without a helmet looks like another head to me. hmm

Go on..

When I was a little kid, one of the neighbor boys brought me to his yard to show me a toad he caught. This kid was a real dirty little fucker too. The kid actually picked the toad up by it's front legs and "danced" with it. The toad then blasted piss all over the kid.

Just thought I'd share my toad story.

Toads like to piss when scared. New Grunts look like toads. Grunts will piss when running away?

"Wow, zombies really suck dick at driving." *old zombie shows up and breakdances for a boss fight*

Lolipop Chainsaw is a welcome sight in what's been a pretty boring June for video game releases.

Risen

There's almost always another primary weapon you can swap out your secondary weapon for. While I agree that occassionally the pistol would be useful if you're in a bind right off the spawn, if its a worthless weapon its alwayst just going to be dropped for a better secondary.

Make it 100% accurate, no bloom, a 6 shot kill with a 18 round clip with very low aim assist and a pretty high RoF.

Seconded

How does BF3 look without the texture pack? I don't think I've seen it running without it.

Not great. The HD texture pack is 1.5 GB, you definitely want to have that installed.

Even more unrealistic.

A realistic option would be to do what Yuhas said.

What I typed up what something I thought was a realistic that 343 should consider changing for Halo 4.

Ideally I would love 18 round clip like Big Show said, but I know that won't happen, nor is it realistic to get low enough aim assist levels to have a have that great separation of minimum kill time and average kill time.

Trey

Fine, make it a 3 shot kill with a low RoF and a 12 round clip.

I would rather make it a mid range capped, low RoF, 3sK weapon with extremely low AA levels.

denzelmyman.gif

I thought we were trying to redefine the pistol to make it competitive with the DMR/BR/Carbine?

edit: just caught your new posts. Fuck realistic expectations!

Tawpgun

spend $1300 on a pc like I did it will solve all your problems and make you better and stronger

rip Ellis's doorstop

Don't want to spend an absurd amount of money for a hard drive that isn't made anymore and would still cost a ridiculous amount.

Solution: Buy a 1300 PC when I don't need one.

k.

Seriously, Microsoft. Lower your prices on HD's. AT LEAST THE FUCKING OLD ONES.

Anyone else find it weird the new Grunts seem more of a take on the Halo Wars design rather than the other games?

I like Halo Reach limbs the best, but I think HW has better limbs than 4. Overall Halo 4's design is awesome though.

Would be pretty funny if some of them did at least.

Also, god damn you guys and your new Grunt hate. They are adorable. Best design thus far, take off your rose-tinted glasses.

It would be an amazing wtf moment if it did happen, thats for sure.

As for the new design, Im torn, its not awful by any means, but its limbs are certainly more generic. Those feet really feel like a generic monster rather than the stumpy arthropod inspired limbs of past designs. I kinda wish they kept a little more of the Arthropod influence when it came to the limbs, it certainly would have helped in keeping their identity unique.

Ken

Hot Toys neesds to make Halo 4 figures. Received my Iron Man Avengers figure by Hot Toys and it looks pretty good.

I thought we were trying to redefine the pistol to make it competitive with the DMR/BR/Carbine?

edit: just caught your new posts. Fuck realistic expectations!

I was just thinking specifically for Halo 4, because we know that it is a secondary weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom