• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

I bring the candies to PAX Prime. A lot of candies. And that's reason why you should go to PAX Prime.

rubb.jpg

----

Anybody selling any Pax tickets by chance? Ebay seems iffy.

Because he wants to be a bad boy. Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do if they come for you, bad boys bad boys

Bad cops, bad cops
Bad cops, bad cops
Springfield cops are on the take
What what do you expect for the money we make?
Whether in a car or on a horse
We don't mind using excessive force
Bad cops, bad cops
Bad cops, bad cops

More than better net code, more than a more challenging mode, more than anything for the co-op experience, I wanted these cannons fixed. It is my #1 issue with Firefight in Reach. I'd be crushed to learn they are back.
Whats the problem? Those guns provide some cover for the dropships to get enemies on the ground, and its meant for you to either play defensively when dropships swoop in, or to take the guns out, both of which seem to fit firefight.

Tawpgun

I'll agree with you there. The redundant DMR/BR/Carbine do play into the unlocking scheme and loadout palette customization. Just don't expect any of them to really distinguish themselves from each other, because people will just find the best one and use that if they do (and it'd be unfair if lower ranked players had a worse BR-role weapon than higher level players)

Welcome to Modern Game Design.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'd like to remind everyone in our lovely underbelly in the sub-folder of the Gaming side HaloGAF subcommunity of the TOS:
II. Expected Behavior

NeoGAF is a place to hold civil discussions about videogames, the videogame industry, and all videogame-related material. The Off-Topic forum is also available for general discussion, but follows the same principals, requirements (sans the requirement of the discussions to be related to videogames), and terms for acceptable material. Heated debates on the forums are welcome, as long as they abide by the established guidelines. If an administrator or moderator sees that a thread or poster violates these guidelines, the thread may be closed or deleted, and posters may be permanently or temporarily banned from the forum. Please keep in mind that there is no tenure granted on this forum--your post count or association with other posters does not protect you from being banned. Additionally, bans are not necessarily precipitated in their entirety by a single violative event. The sum of actions leading up to a member’s removal is taken into account, so what may appear to be a minor breach of conduct may actually be the final occurrence in a long string of offenses.

A. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that profanity be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation. Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.

B. Trolling

Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the community, actions may be taken by the administrators.

C. Images

Images of a sexual or profane nature are discouraged. Images presenting exposed genitalia, bared buttocks, and/or female nipple/aureola are not allowed. Outside of this, common sense and a "safe-for-work" rule should be the primary considerations. Also, spamming the forum with the same image is not allowed and is subject to banning. Avatar images are restricted to a maximum of 100x120 pixels in size, and should not contain any questionable content.

D. Copyrighted Material

The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source.

E. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.

F. Spam

Outside advertisements or solicitations promoted by posting messages, private messaging, or e-mailing users via NeoGAF is unacceptable and will be subject to banning. Examples include: pyramid schemes, your own website or product, etc. If you wish to promote your company or website, contact the advertising team.
Remember, someone is watching.

Lets not get banned for trivial shit.

BigShow36

So are there any Reach playlists I can play where there's Zero Bloom and DMR starts that isn't MLG? If I want to play without a team, I'd rather not go into MLG where there's about 3 maps and 2 gametypes, but every other playlist seems completely terrible and has bloom.

CyReN

You said that already when I flew to PAX East. But the Airport security did not control me.

I just had a horrible experience last year when I went to MLG events. Had to breakdown: What MLG was (which explaining to someone who doesnt game is highly annoying), why there was MLG, why I was going, then got searched. :/

FyreWulff

So are there any Reach playlists where I can play where there's Zero Bloom and DMR starts that isn't MLG? If I want to play without a team, I'd rather not go into MLG where there's about 3 maps and 2 gametypes, but every other playlist seems completely terrible and has bloom.

Super Slayer
sometimes

Anybody selling any Pax tickets by chance? Ebay seems iffy.
I bought four just so I could re-sell them for face value to friends who wouldn't be able to buy them before the scalpers got their hands on them.

I THINK they are all spoken for, but if I do end up with a spare I'll let you know. (I'm selling them for face value, and nothing more. Just trying to recover the cost of the tickets)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Edit : I'm also looking for PAX tickets if anyone's selling any!

Saw this highlighted on HBO.

I've watched a few of her videos and came away unimpressed (I certainly wouldn't chuck money her way.) She did one on female representation in the movie industry and it was filled with a lot of faulty logic amid her many good points. I'm just afraid her lack of understanding the games industry might be a detriment as well as a positive--sure, she's not ingrained in a lot of the culture that accepts things because "that's how it's done", but she's also likely to not understand a lot of the context.

There's also a reductionist argument in this kind of media study that I think is as corrosive as anything she describes--the idea that every game fits neatly into buckets that clearly reflect a culture or an attitude. Taking even dozens of games together does not equate a clear picture of anything--these are not random or independent trials in a lab.

Also, highlighting the backlash to your campaign is I think poor form, no matter if your opponents are sexist jerks or trolls or whatever. It's making it about *you*, not your project.
I want to chime in on a few of the bolded parts.

First, what do you mean by context? I imagine she'll take the time to research each game she talks about, including the plots and characters in all their nuance.

Also, you describe her analysis as placing games in buckets, or in other words, drawing connections where there are none. But in all of her videos she describes very pervasive and interrelated cultural (yes, cultural) phenomena: sexism, objectification of women, fetishization of violence towards women, etc. These are society-wide problems. I see them every day. And yes, in nearly every game I play. I'm disgusted by them, and sometimes avoid certain games because of them. And these aren't issues that just affect women. Patriarchy demands that men are violent, emotionless, coercive, and that they disassociate and isolate themselves. I'm really fucking sick of seeing emotionless dudebros in games. I'm sick of seeing portrayals of men as dominators. I'm sick of being shown that women are secondary and subordinate to men.

And her highlighting the backlash is hugely important. The volume of and rhetoric behind the backlash are both indicative of cultural patriarchy. Also, it seems like she might need support. She's facing seriously disturbing attacks, and maybe she needs people to understand what she's going through. I commend her for sharing something that could be very vulnerable for her, and very like will result in further attacks.

That's all I've got for now, heh. I don't know how much sense it makes to keep on talking about this in this thread. I'd be down to, but I think it might be better to continue it over PM. Either way.

CyReN

I bought four just so I could re-sell them for face value to friends who wouldn't be able to buy them before the scalpers got their hands on them.

I THINK they are all spoken for, but if I do end up with a spare I'll let you know. (I'm selling them for face value, and nothing more. Just trying to recover the cost of the tickets)

Alright, thanks. If any do come up extra hit me up.

New Grunt design has grown on me, but I still don't really like the feet or hands.

Anyways, small peak at new art in the back:

fRJoZ.jpg

And here is a look at their heads without a helmet:

blUc7.jpg

Well, now we know the entirety of the Methane Cycle of Grunts.

I don't know if I should be surprised that the "Godfather of the Halo Community" just posted a picture of a toad face-butt.

thisishaloGAF.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom