• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gears of War was 10th on the week of May 14. It was 10th again last week, even though Gears 3 had a pretty big showing at the show (second only to Halo 4).

::shrug:: maybe it's a bump from E3 - but I don't really think so.

Wait, isn't it the week of E3? It's the week of June 4th. Am I reading it wrong?

And as for Gears, this "new" Gears isn't the same as old Gears, and to be honest a lot of fans are skeptical as hell about it.

Tawpgun

Umm... Can we get clarification on what's going on with the BR?

As it stands its a 5sk with 12 shots on it. Same as the reach dmr before Bungie realized that was fucking stupid and upped it to 15.

Is this by design to nerf the BR?

kylej

Banned

Of course.

>Refusing to acknowledge the new enemies presented at E3

4077-whats-wrong-with-you.gif

The Ghost Rider enemy was cool but it's pretty much a hammer monkey with a flaming head. There's so much cool shit they could do with enemy design given that they creatively have carte blanche after Halo 3. Imagine landing on a completely alien world with nothing we've ever seen before? It would be amazing. I've fought grunts and jackals a thousand times over a decade's worth of games. Scrap all the old stuff and start this part of the trilogy anew.

Of course.

The Ghost Rider enemy was cool but it's pretty much a hammer monkey with a flaming head. There's so much cool shit they could do with enemy design given that they creatively have carte blanche after Halo 3. Imagine landing on a completely alien world with nothing we've ever seen before? It would be amazing. I've fought grunts and jackals a thousand times over a decade's worth of games. Scrap all the old stuff and start this part of the trilogy anew.

Starting anew... with the Forerunners we've never ever seen.

Same old same old, amirite?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't want the covenant to be in Halo 4 at all, but I understand why they're there and how that makes the game identifiable to newer players.

senador

Banned
I want Covie. I like playing them. They are Halo to me. But they look to be there minimally. I think the way they are handling it is perfect. New guys, little bit of old, shoot stuff. Win.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want Covie. I like playing them. They are Halo to me. But they look to be there minimally. I think the way they are handling it is perfect. New guys, little bit of old, shoot stuff. Win.

For me, it all depends on how often they show up. However, like you said, it appears that they don't play as large a role, so I'm okay with that. Would still prefer them not being there, but it's not a big deal.

edit:^^I wish I got crayons in second grade.

Instead, I broke my wrist.
:(

kylej

Banned
Hahahaha, fantastic! There is fuck all new in the campaign? You can take that one to the bank Kyle. Hilarious stuff.

I didn't say that. Reading comprehension. Calm your desire to ride my nuts and try to understand what I'm saying first. Thank you in advance.

What was it about the teleporting away from gunfire or the deployment of it's own personal grenade-catching helicopter that reminded you of the Brute fighting style?

I didn't say that. Reading comprehension. Calm your desire to ride my nuts and try to understand what I'm saying first. Thank you in advance.

Oh please, your girth is far too much for me.

How about you start making valid points for things that genuinely concern you instead of cribbing about a campaign you'll play once?

Thanks in advance.

Trey

What was it about the teleporting away from gunfire or the deployment of it's own personal grenade-catching helicopter that reminded you of the Brute fighting style?

This sentence sounded so amazing, and when I realized it was an accurate description of what we'll actually be fighting in the H4 campaign, I broke out in sweat. I think I fainted too.

This sentence sounded so amazing, and when I realized it was an accurate description of what we'll actually be fighting in the H4 campaign, I broke out in sweat. I think I fainted too.

Yep, I wonder how many of them knights they will be willing to throw at us at once?

daedalius

Umm... Can we get clarification on what's going on with the BR?

As it stands its a 5sk with 12 shots on it. Same as the reach dmr before Bungie realized that was fucking stupid and upped it to 15.

Already said they were still tuning weapons; Carbine and Storm Rifle were god-tier in the build that was played (said by Ellis).

lolkyle

How much familiar enemies will I have to fight through before these new ones?

You'd swear the intention was to still have some familiar faces see you to the door before the Trilogy starts. Good enough.

Ryaaan14

Banned
How much familiar enemies will I have to fight through before these new ones?

You'd swear the intention was to still have some familiar faces see you to the door before the Trilogy starts. Good enough.

I remember someone mentioning it was about 1/3rd into the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom