• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

More loots:

j17otl.jpg

Is there a thread where the E3 awards are being discussed? Such a thread might be relevant to my interests.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Um, you would do what you would normally do when getting shot by a DMR. Strafing, and outshooting him if you're a better player.

Well you would try to hit a long range shot without scoping but most of the time I would probably just sprint away. It's not the same.

And it's not, "Congratulations, you can do it" it's "Congratulations, that's a common strategy in the game"

You try to knock him out of scope and if you fail you try to escape.

789shadow

Banned
Why is it bullshit? That's the layer of meta to the battle so it's not simply pinging at people at long ranges because you have aim-assist.
More layers are not better. Not only that, it's not adding skill, it's getting in the way of your skill at shooting and aiming by taking your ability to do so effectively away.

I'm not sure what this means. You are arguing that, with the ability to be hit out of scope, it is impossible to win a long range battle when you get shot first. Taking what you said and your perceived ease of use of the DMR, I'm saying that it wouldn't matter, un-scoping or not. In fact, with no de-scope mechanism it would be worse.

Does this mean you're agreeing with me here? Confused 0_o
No it would not be worse with no descope, because with de-scope you have to find the person, zoom in, and shoot back, but you can't do that between DMR shots.

Woorloog

Banned
BPR 80. It used to be a bit higher higher, then i started playing with HaloGAF, had to play MLG and my KD dropped a notch.

Blinding

More layers are not better. Not only that, it's not adding skill, it's getting in the way of your skill at shooting and aiming by taking your ability to do so effectively away.

Wait, so it doesn't take skill to descope someone who got the jump on you? Yeah, okay.

My BPR's at 90, but I haven't touched Reach in at least a couple of months.

Congratulations, you can do it.

It's stupid that you have to deal with an extraneous layer of bullshit in order to do so.
He won that battle because he was able to de-scope the opposing player and get back into it. If you could not do that, the guy would have still been scoped in and killed him.

Tashi

No it would not be worse with no descope, because with de-scope you have to find the person, zoom in, and shoot back, but you can't do that between DMR shots.

What? Quick scoping between shots has been apart of Halo for years.

Tashi

He won that battle because he was able to de-scope the opposing player and get back into it. If you could not do that, the guy would have still been scoped in and killed him.

If I couldn't do that I wouldn't have challenged. I would have dropped off the ledge to safety.

GhaleonEB

I dunno, I can create one if you'd like.

Only if you want to. Halo 4 has gotten a good reaction pretty much everywhere, but threads with Halo in them tend to get, um, interesting quickly. I was just curious how GAF was responding to that wall of win.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
edit: my bpr is only like a 70, haha
My BPR's 86 or something like that.

I betray a lot.
My BRP is like 36. And I try my best.
My BPR is 72 :(
BPR is 74. Better than I thought!

Also, K/D is 1.29. That's pretty much my average thoughout all Halo games.
BPR 80. It used to be a bit higher higher, then i started playing with HaloGAF, had to play MLG and my KD dropped a notch.
BPR 57. :/

And I got all excited the other day when my K/D went fro 1.11 to 1.12.
Mine is 50. :)

aq3AJ.jpg

FQa7y.png
tyIPH.png

dg0Kd.png

YXkcW.png

Woorloog

Banned
, but threads with Halo in them tend to get, um, interesting quickly.

Oddly, i think the couple of Halo 4 threads existing due to E3 haven't had as stupid people as gaming Halo threads normally have.
Guess Halo 4 impressed people, even those who don't particularly care about Halo?

GhaleonEB

My god HaloGAF is embarassing.

Remember the time you guys lost to Bungie?

Dat Banshee.
Oddly, i think the couple of Halo 4 threads existing due to E3 haven't had as stupid people as gaming Halo threads normally have.
Guess Halo 4 impressed people, even those who don't particularly care about Halo?

Yeah, it's gotten a very warm reception. I think 343 surpassed most reasonable expectations, and quite a few unreasonable ones.

Is there any reason as to why it doesn't add skill other than you not liking it? Coping with the way the scoping works is nearly the entirety of long range fights.

789shadow

Banned
So you're saying we should have to try to fight back a guy long range without zooming in? I'm just trying to understand what exactly your argument is
No, I'm saying you shouldn't have to constantly hammer the stick and just be able to stay in scope and outshoot them.

I think I'm done with this pointless argument. We're all arguing against one person who clearly will never change his view on the matter. If it turns out in game that the de-scoping mechanic has changed from getting shot once to getting shot twice, so be it. I'll adapt, it's not like I can sway 343i's opinion. This game is heading in a more casual direction; perhaps it's for the best.

Woorloog

Banned
So you're saying we should have to try to fight back a guy long range without zooming in? I'm just trying to understand what exactly your argument is

He doesn't like that when he gets de-scoped on Hemorrhage/other large maps, he cannot effectively do anything due to the other guy still having a scope and de-scoping another across the map without scope is nearly impossible. With DMR, on Reach.
Right?
It is fucking awful... but then the map should not be in Reach, proper map desing removes this issue. Or at least lessen it.

EDIT gah, once again getting drawn in an argument. Must resist...

OverHeat

« generous god »
Anyone want to play reach? GT overheat but I dont have my mic since my little boy is sleeping beside me.

789shadow

Banned
I'm talking BR as well, obviously.
The BR doesn't have enough range to make this a problem. If you had to use the scope on the BR, you weren't going to hit much anyway, and you could effectively hit at that range without scope. With the DMR, you can't effectively shoot without scope at ranges that the scope allows people to shoot you at.

Trey

Question: if that's the case, what will it matter if there's de-scoping or not? If you can't un-scope him and he won't miss a shot, you die 100% of the time if he hits you first. I think I'd rather try to de-scope him and retreat.

I said this exact thing yesterday when he raged on descoping.

Tashi

The BR doesn't have enough range to make this a problem. If you had to use the scope on the BR, you weren't going to hit much anyway, and you could effectively hit at that range without scope. With the DMR, you can't effectively shoot without scope at ranges that the scope allows people to shoot you at.

So scope was useless on the BR? lol ok bro

ZalinKrow

I have a BPR of 100 and a K/D of 2.00 (last I checked anyway). But I played a lot of BTB and stuff for a while, so I think it's mostly due to that.

Tashi

lolz Cliffy B just tweeted about taking a piss with Frankie. Spelled his name wrong too hahahah

Blinding

So you want it to be easier?

He wants to be able to scope in without having to worry about being knocked out of scope, but doesn't seem to realize that the guy who he's trying to fight back against is also going to be scoped in and is probably going to have the first two shots before you're scoped in and shooting back, which to me seems like it'd create an even bigger disadvantage then there is with descoping in.

789shadow

Banned
So scope was useless on the BR? lol ok bro
The range on the BR wasn't even close to that of the DMR. If you were getting shot by a BR, you didn't have to scope in to shoot back because you couldn't cross map with the BR like you can with the DMR. The fucking DMR is a mini sniper rifle with the added bonus of not having the same accuracy at range out of scope as in scope due to magnetism. You HAVE to scope in to shoot at range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom