• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
He wants to be able to scope in without having to worry about being knocked out of scope, but doesn't seem to realize that the guy who he's trying to fight back against is also going to be scoped in and is probably going to have the first two shots before you're scoped in and shooting back, which to me seems like it'd create an even bigger disadvantage then there is with descoping in.
Does everyone suddenly think they suck at long range? Are you telling me you wouldn't be able to outshoot him even if down 2 shots?

Woorloog

Banned
I have a BPR of 100 and a K/D of 2.00 (last I checked anyway). But I played a lot of BTB and stuff for a while, so I think it's mostly due to that.

Kinda should have guessed. You're always beating me when we play, if we are in opposing teams/FFA and almost always the MVP too.
And how do you manage to win nearly every Derby?
Halo 4 should track people's nemesis... nemesi?
I can imagine my list: ZalinKrow, ZalinKrow, ZalinKrow...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He wants to be able to scope in without having to worry about being knocked out of scope, but doesn't seem to realize that the guy who he's trying to fight back against is also going to be scoped in and is probably going to have the first two shots before you're scoped in and shooting back, which to me seems like it'd create an even bigger disadvantage then there is with descoping in.

If I can't knock my opponent out of scope, there's almost no point in challenging at all. I'm sorry but a high level it's super hard to out BR people or even escape from a long range battle. Now they can't be knocked out of scope? Sounds like the battle just got even more difficult. Also messes up teamwork and forcing a player to back down from trying to kill your teammate.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Kinda should have guessed. You're always beating me when we play, if we are in opposing teams/FFA and almost always the MVP too.

And mine would be: Computron, Computron, Computron

And we'd be on the same team.

GhaleonEB

I missed the discussion about getting knocked out of scope, but here goes:

1) I liked being able to knock snipers out of scope, as it was a way for someone who was pinned down to be able to suppress or mitigate sniper fire, without a sniper rifle.

2) In Reach I often get suck in a loop where I'll scope in on someone, get pinged and unscope, then click to re-scope and get pinged a half second later and so I zoom in again and then back out and I lose track of where I'm at so it's all zoom unzoom zoom unzoom oh god where am I oh hey I'm dead. I will not miss that.

789shadow

Banned
If I can't knock my opponent out of scope, there's almost no point in challenging at all. I'm sorry but a high level it's super hard to out BR people or even escape from a long range battle. Now they can't be knocked out of scope? Sounds like the battle just got even more difficult. Also messes up teamwork and forcing a player to back down from trying to kill your teammate.
We aren't talking about the BR, are we?

1) I liked being able to knock snipers out of scope, as it was a way for someone who was pinned down to be able to suppress or mitigate sniper fire, without a sniper rifle.

2) In Reach I often get suck in a loop where I'll scope in on someone, get pinged and unscope, then click to re-scope and get pinged a half second later and so I zoom in again and then back out and I lose track of where I'm at so it's all zoom unzoom zoom unzoom oh god where am I it looks like I'm dead. I will not miss that.
You know what, just this.

Tunavi

Banned
2) In Reach I often get suck in a loop where I'll scope in on someone, get pinged and unscope, then click to re-scope and get pinged a half second later and so I zoom in again and then back out and I lose track of where I'm at so it's all zoom unzoom zoom unzoom oh god where am I it looks like I'm dead. I will not miss that.
Same problem I have here. scope- out - scope - out - scope - out. ugh

Tashi

BR doesn't have a 3x scope and the effective range of the DMR.

I know that. But in Halo 2 and 3 where everyone has a BR, there's still a long range where zoom is necessary even if the range isn't as far as it can be in Reach.

789shadow

Banned
I know that. But in Halo 2 and 3 where everyone has a BR, there's still a long range where zoom is necessary even if the range isn't as far as it can be in Reach.
But when I use the BR at those ranges, I don't think I'm really doing any damage because of the spread.

ZalinKrow

I like to think my drive to make Elzar lose in Derby is what helps be win haha.

Other than that, I'm pretty on and off. When I go negative I go quite negative :p

feel

jbvyTbHnCqJtVh.jpg

Karl2177

I do it too. I've been trying to correct that for a while. It's not worth the sacrifice to me

Also, my BPR is 74

This is the reason why it should stay in. If you have issues with that, then you should work towards making less mistakes. The whole game shouldn't be handed to you on a platter.

My Battle Proficiency Rating: 80

Woorloog

Banned
I like to think my drive to make Elzar lose in Derby is what helps be win haha.
So i try to be driven to make someone lose...
Gotta try the next time we play.

Also, HOLY SHIT at PlanetSide 2 scale.
64 square-kilometer maps with over 1500 players? Holy... I want a Halo spinoff with similar scale.

kylej

Banned
My god HaloGAF is embarassing.

Remember the time you guys lost to Bungie?

that was the most embarrassing moment in HaloGAF history. I cannot believe people here lost to Bungie employees; zygotes forming in the womb could go +15 on most of them.

Tashi

that was the most embarrassing moment in HaloGAF history. I cannot believe people here lost to Bungie employees; zygotes forming in the womb could go +15 on most of them.

I'm not sweatin it. I had fun and I know team 2 would have mopped the floor all day.

Blinding

Does everyone suddenly think they suck at long range? Are you telling me you wouldn't be able to outshoot him even if down 2 shots?

You're completely missing the point, I feel that when comparing possible disadvantages keeping descoping in would be the better choice. I'd rather be able to strafe and descope the guy who has a jump on me to throw him off and put myself in a slightly better situation then to just be able to strafe. And with that I'm done, since it's just going in circles.

http://i.minus.com/jbvyTbHnCqJtVh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

OT reaction, but I'm starting to get really annoyed by all that social media crap. I mean, last month me and some mates visited a stand up comedy show, and as soon as we got out of there three of them whipped out their cellphones to update their Facebook status. The fuck is wrong when you need an audience like that? I got off of Facebook when my ex dumped me, best decision I ever made.

I now spend way more time on GAF, though. :lol

We're on a new thread? Crazy stuff. Time to settle in.

I've ben gone for a while but just some thoughts.

There seems to be two sets of Forerunners
Blue and orange (every graphic designers dream palette) seem to indicate two instances of Forerunner troops. The blue crawlers and orange will probably differ in behaviours and attacks as I'm sure will be the same for the blue Forerunner Knights. I wonder if they are controlled by two different AI entities.

Guilty Spark is blue after all. There were various other coloured AI things in the terminals in Anniversary. think I remember seeing a red one. Maybe this new enemy is another Forerunner AI.

Also, Xand had some pretty good ideas as to why the Knights have tiny arms. Perhaps he should POST MORE about it.

The gameplay looks pretty awesome. Apparently Promethean Vision makes it very difficult to determine if players are real or Holograms when using it. This leads me to believe that Hologram is a fantastic defensive counter to Pro Vision. I think it's important to stress that it is a defensive counter. Hologram is enhanced greatly when other players use what might seem as an OP AA.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
We're on a new thread? Crazy stuff. Time to settle in.

I've ben gone for a while but just some thoughts.

Blue and orange (every graphic designers dream palette) seem to indicate two instances of Forerunner troops. The blue crawlers and orange will probably differ in behaviours and attacks as I'm sure will be the same for the blue Forerunner Knights. I wonder if they are controlled by two different AI entities.

Guilty Spark is blue after all. There were various other coloured AI things in the terminals in Anniversary. think I remember seeing a red one. Maybe this new enemy is another Forerunner AI.

Also, Xand had some pretty good ideas as to why the Knights have tiny arms. Perhaps he should POST MORE about it.

The gameplay looks pretty awesome. Apparently Promethean Vision makes it very difficult to determine if players are real or Holograms when using it. This leads me to believe that Hologram is a fantastic defensive counter to Pro Vision. I think it's important to stress that it is a defensive counter. Hologram is enhanced greatly when other players use what might seem as an OP AA.

What did Xand say? I missed it.

Also, I agree, I see thruster/Hologram being my go to abilities now with sprint being available to all.

Promethean Knight - Lancer variant.

That was also orange. The lancer is just the one that can "phase shift" around. Unless you're talkin' about something else.

Pennybags

May tie into the fact that individual Forerunners would remotely command entire armies as if they were playing a huge RTS game.

feel

shut up it was elite slayer on some forge island map with no anti-vehicle weapons vs the guy who coded the dumb banshee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom