• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty well. Someone has pictures of it in the figures thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38572782&postcount=3684

Damnn, I want. Now Im more excited for their Prometheus figures...and want Halo figures all the more.

I'm not arguing with the design of the Grunts per se. I'd say they look cool. My issue is they don't fit with what we've seen before. I think the best design should remain true to the spirit of the originals, even if there's a temptation to go crazy with the extra polys.

I'm not a fan of much of the design work we've seen for Halo 4 in a fictional context, but I think it's all fine art outside of the universe.

Exactly, I wish some of the elements remained a little more faithful to the original design.

So I updated the Xbox Live iOS app today and I found this:

AvS9oIKCIAILB39.jpg:large

Play demo!??!?!

SPILL DA BEANS FRANK.

Huh? Between that and the 'Play Trial' in the e3 video..

Ryaaan14

Banned
Oh nooooooooo!

Lol. People would complain if we never saw elites again just like ODST. It's amusing.

I know you're teasing, but 1/3rds in sounds like such a good balance between the old and the new. Anyone who doesn't want any Covies are fucking crazy. At the very least we need a nice transition.

Personally, I was hoping we would be Covie free in Halo 4, with them making a (small) return in Halo 5. Even so, as long as the Prometheans are the new baddies Im happy.

BigShow36

I really doubt they would have done that "trial" pic and this "demo" pic just for laughs. I'm guessing we'll get demo closer to launch. Hopefully we do, i could play that for weeks...

Beta where they incorporate all my feedback into final build confirmed. Gonna be pissed if it doesn't happen and tear this place down.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You encounter nothing but Covenant enemies for 1/3 of the game - up until the jungle level starts.

1. FUD - Covenant Wake Up Call
2. Landing - More Covies
3. Trek to Jungle/Infinity - New

So that's 2, maybe 3 levels of old enemies before the new ones show up.

Or so I think.

FyreWulff

The only thing that sucks about being a contractor.

Not being able to take your planned vacation because you had to push off completing a feature for another feature you wanted to complete.

Why would they have placeholder in an update for an existing app? Oh right, its MS. ;)

They have those all the time..

senador

Banned
Then, midway through Halo 5 we only fight the hairy stupid Forerunners and in Halo 6, the smart mean ones are on our side. WTF 343?!

Question about Spartan Ops: Is there one objective to each mission? Any other options/customizations there for replays outside of custom loadouts?

For some reason I inferred that there could be different objectives when replaying. Something something mumbled by Frankie something something.

Petrichor

Personally, I was hoping we would be Covie free in Halo 4, with them making a (small) return in Halo 5. Even so, as long as the Prometheans are the new baddies Im happy.

I used to agree, but now I'm thinking: the bigger the enemy sandbox, the better spartan ops will be.

Also it'll be interesting to see how old and new enemy types interact.

BRING THE FLOOD BACK FOR HALO 5 </unpopular opinion>

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm going to really be in the mood to play co-op campaign again on something tonight, but I know I'm going to just get fucked right up the tailpipe by terrible lag again.

I don't get why it's so bad all of the sudden. I never used to have this issue.

Tawpgun

Already said they were still tuning weapons; Carbine and Storm Rifle were god-tier in the build that was played (said by Ellis).

lolkyle
But it worries me they were even considering making the BR only have 2 possible kills per clip.

Also, odst/3 hammer brutes were easy mode.

Their weakness is jumping over their heads.

Woorloog

Banned
What was really confusing about the demo was that the enemies were new to Chief and Cortana, but they were obviously already acquainted with the dude in the ball.

Which is why i'm guessing the E3 demo map is the 4th map.

1. FUD
2. Landing
3. Meeting the Cryptum
4. Meeting the Infinity

What was really confusing about the demo was that the enemies were new to Chief and Cortana, but they were obviously already acquainted with the dude in the ball.

I'm calling it now: In the second level, we see the covenant massing towards a structure where they think one of their gods resides. At the end of the level, we'll discover the a crypt (the flying ball) before the Covenant and it gets awakened/activated somehow.

senador

Banned
Tried out the Xbox Live app. Kinda cool. Can navigate your Xbox from the app, including launching games. I fired up Reach from it, but once it loads, you have to use the controller. Probably not that handy for most things, but it'll be nice for Netflix since I'm usually already on my phone when Netflix is on. Its pretty cool to have them add features like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom