• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tried out the Xbox Live app. Kinda cool. Can navigate your Xbox from the app, including launching games. I fired up Reach from it, but once it loads, you have to use the controller. Probably not that handy for most things, but it'll be nice for Netflix since I'm usually already on my phone when Netflix is on. Its pretty cool to have them add features like this.
It's how they justify a $60 a year P2P service that has ads.

If it was opposite day wouldn't it just be the opposite of that? So, it'd be a normal day?

no no man

-positive statement indicating it's an opposite day-
-NEGATIVE FIELD BEGINS-
-now things become opposites.-

It can also work in retrospect, as a statement indicating it's opposite day is only positive on the first use, and any subsequent designations are, in fact, made negative. So the first proclamation turns all statements before and after it negative, but likewise an identical "it's opposite day" statement after would cancel it out. So you just blew it for us. Way to go, dude.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Then keep on bringing the features.
5eAls.gif

senador

Banned

We have to pay anyway, that's not changing, so why not get more out of it? The app itself is free anyhow.

Besides, I never pay the full amount. I just bought another year for $35. I'm also happy to pay for the service as I get some good use and reliability out of it.

no no man

-positive statement indicating it's an opposite day-
-NEGATIVE FIELD BEGINS-
-now things become opposites.-

It can also work in retrospect, as a statement indicating it's opposite day is only positive on the first use, and any subsequent designations are, in fact, made negative. So the first proclamation turns all statements before and after it negative, but likewise an identical "it's opposite day" statement after would cancel it out. So you just blew it for us. Way to go, dude.

Yes but you're educated stupid. In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days. The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong. No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar.

Fear my belly button logic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yes but you're educated stupid. In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days. The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong. No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar.

Fear my belly button logic.
8EcBN.jpg

Seems kind of strange that his army just shows up randomly at some point in the game. Why wouldn't they be present when they first encounter spaceball man.

Obviously everything will make sense once I play it, but it just seemed odd to me.
Ah, right. That's fair enough. Why they're unleashed at that moment etc? Perhaps it's similar to the Flood in Halo 1, the Covies have been fighting them on a different front, cleared a path while the Chief comes from behind.
Or it's just part of the stage demo, that mightn't be the first time we meet them. But I doubt the latter is the case at all.

So I'm LTTP, but I'm going to post my impressions here of H4 Multiplayer. I haven't read any of the regular's impressions (but I'm sure I will go back and read them because I love to lurk), so hopefully some of my impressions are fresh.

Positives:
- Game looks amazing, still can't really believe it's on 360.
- Fast gameplay is always a plus
- Love the feel of the weapons
- High jumping is back!
- Love being able to choose between BR, DMR, Carbine, AR. Amazing. Will be interested to see if a skill gap will cause one weapon to be OP-ed
- Art direction didn't miss a beat.

Negatives:
- Forerunner weapons? Aside from the pretty animations, they seem not very powerful and therefore not reminiscent of "Forerunner tech". Can't even rip through Class 2 Armor.
- Beef up sound a bit (I heard they addressed this). It's too much treble and not enough mid or lows for the gun sounds. Even if it's more 'realistic', my speakers (and ears) were asking for more
- Pistol

Things I'd love to see:
- Instead of "X killed Y", I'd love to see something like "X [Battle Rifle] Y" or "X [Grenade] Y"
- Still would love to see the number of times I died within a match from the in-game menu
- Both environments seemed... stale. One looked like Narrows, the other looked like a second of Rat's nest, or that one DLC map with the low grav in the middle. I hope they've got some new tricks up their sleeves for map environments.

Overall though, I am excited about the progress of this game. I can't wait to see more nuggets fall down and I'll be posting my campaign impressions here as well.

Question about Spartan Ops: Is there one objective to each mission? Any other options/customizations there for replays outside of custom loadouts?

For some reason I inferred that there could be different objectives when replaying. Something something mumbled by Frankie something something.
Just to reiterate this - I got this impression from the Bombcast where Frankie and David talked about Spec Ops and mentioned how revisitable the missions were, in terms of going back and doing speed runs and assassination challenges.

Is this just Reach-like daily/weekly challenges related to Spec Ops? Or is there more there than has been hinted at already?

(And random: love that avatar Plywood)

Don't you try and justify the cost of it to me. We're not having this conversation.
Ridiculous indeed.
Even Ellis had that moment on weekend confirmed this week. Garnett spelled out how Spartan Ops is a better way to justify Gold.
Ridiculous how MS hamstring live's player base with it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want Covie. I like playing them. They are Halo to me. But they look to be there minimally. I think the way they are handling it is perfect. New guys, little bit of old, shoot stuff. Win.
This.

I want Covies. In Halo 5. Or whatever. Just like Halo doesn't need the Master Chief in every game, the Covies don't need to be either.

But whatever, it allows them to make their contrast, and some breathing room to build up the final unveiling.

The art though... *sigh*
I'm sure Halo 4 will be great, whether I end as happy with it as I'd like or not.

Fuchsdh

I want Covies. In Halo 5. Or whatever. Just like Halo doesn't need the Master Chief in every game, the Covies don't need to be either.

But whatever, it allows them to make their contrast, and some breathing room to build up the final unveiling.

The art though... *sigh*
I'm sure Halo 4 will be great, whether I end as happy with it as I'd like or not.

Indeed. The Covenant are an integral part of the universe. Depending on the scope you *can't* tell a story in the universe without involving them in some way.

If you don't like it, there's plenty of franchises without them...

Indeed. The Covenant are an integral part of the universe. Depending on the scope you *can't* tell a story in the universe without involving them in some way.

If you don't like it, there's plenty of franchises without them...
Indeed? We kind of said different things.
Then don't have them be enemies, if you're obsessed with the idea that they have to be in it.

Tried out SmartGlass. Very cool, but how you can't use it like a chat pad with a proper keyboard is beyond me. Surely that's one of the first things you build into an app like this.
A solution to one of the biggest UI problems on the system.

Fuchsdh

Then don't have them be enemies, if you're obsessed with the idea that they have to be in it.

Tried out SmartGlass. Very cool, but how you can't use it like a chat pad with a proper keyboard is beyond me. Surely that's one of the first things you build into an app like this.

No, we're in agreement, I think. My point is that you can't just say "this is a new trilogy I never want to see Covenant again". They're out there in the galaxy, same as us...

That doesn't mean that the focus of this trilogy needs to be on the Covenant (it clearly isn't) or that every game needs some obligation to feature them.

senador

Banned

Its out?

It's practically SmartGlass, isn't it?
Same base tech, just further developed and implemented with more functionality?

Or is it a different tech entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom