• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now see here we are talking about uh, uh about actually good games and someone comes along and uh mentions a bad one on a lark, uh huh.

That's-that's Chaos Theory
If the point of playing games is entertainment, then juices is right. I saw it happen live on his stream. Jurassic Park: The Game was the most entertaining game of 2011.

senador

Banned
Console Good Enough Logic™

FUCK YOUR CERTS. FUCK YOUR SHITTY GAME. Its 2012. Wolves.

Adapt. Evolve. Play better stuff.

Is that enough words to describe the fact I'm unhappy with Halo's current situation. Were getting another Halo game that is more of the same.

No. Jurrasic Park: The Game. Was the GOAT for 2011.

Irony? Good enough I guess.

If the point of playing games is entertainment, then juices is right. I saw it happen live on his stream. Jurassic Park: The Game was the most entertaining game of 2011.

Yeah I caught some as well, pretty damn funny.

TCKaos

Halo 4 "Warthog Resistance" Megabloks Set.

yhst-128932958816907_2215_34334906

Turns out those Spec-Ops Elites are actually... Zealots?

Yeah, thats been known, they said those red guys were Zealots when the first media hit. Weird that they have the Spec Op helmet.

Speaking of em, heres a look at the side:

N6hMV.jpg

So that reminds me, the action figures are usually pretty close to real scale, so I thought this was relevant:

5Y3zC.jpg

Looks like Spartan IVs will be as big as Spartan IIs.

neoism

So anyways whats cool about Diablo is, its fun.

They actually like update the game, and fix what needs fixed. Bungie/343 just leave errors in their game that could easily be fixed. Because of console Good Enough Logic™

I made money selling an item yesterday. Thats right I sold DLC to another player and made real money.

I see some people who've abondaned HaloGAF over there too.

Seriously everyone should pick it up. Its so good.

juices not sure if my friending is still fucked.... I tried adding you no dice...
ne0ism#1506... only on act 2 hell

3k0eR.png

(referring to pros feedback on Halo 4)

For the record, I agree with Green. Having the brainpower and knowledge of how something works and doesn't work is separate from having the physical ability to carry out said knowledge in a successful manner. Never really knew that people actually thought otherwise. I mean, there are exceptions to every rule, but still.

That's certainly not saying they are never related, but it's absolutely possible that prowess in one does not have to equal prowess in another.

When someone puts more time into a game than any of the people that made it their word should be worth at least something.

I agree with this, but I think it's a totally different point being made. I DO value a Halo pro's opinion because of their aptitude for a particular part of the game experience. But that doesn't mean that someone with a "low K/D" is any less likely to have valuable insight and input into a game or its development. Thinking they can't almost sounds laughable. (I'm not saying you think that; you seem smart chaps, all of you <3)

3k0eR.png

(referring to pros feedback on Halo 4)

It's important for designers to understand how their game plays at all levels of the skill distribution, but especially for those that fall within plus or minus two standard deviations (the majority of players). Those at the far right of the distribution will argue that their opinions matter most, because if you design a game for them, the game will be fun for everyone else. This may or may not be true.

juices not sure if my friending is still fucked.... I tried adding you no dice...
ne0ism#1506... only on act 2 hell

K I'll add you I got a few days off this week so I'll probably be on a bit. I can run Hell with you I'll just put my GF gear on

IMG_0130.png

Just saw this msg when I was testing that Xbox App. Good job random kid I probably shit on, you are f3arless lol.

CyReN

For the record, I agree with Green. Having the brainpower and knowledge of how something works and doesn't work is separate from having the physical ability to carry out said knowledge in a successful manner. Never really knew that people actually thought otherwise. I mean, there are exceptions to every rule, but still.

That's certainly not saying they are never related, but it's absolutely possible that prowess in one does not have to equal prowess in another.

I agree for the most part, I think 343i is a great team of people to do Halo 4. I really do appreciate them looking at feedback from all communities and listening instead of just keeping their vision. That means a lot and I think it will work out well.

Who is this?

He's a youtuber from ReadyUpLive, also likes to take swipes at the competitive community from now and then for w/e reason.

he really should just stop trying to call people out. he's just asking to start shit.

Lol, I think anyone who thinks that this is "calling people out" might be just a bit too sensitive to the subject themselves, lol. Pretty sure making general statements and using no names is still a pretty acceptable practice. Especially on Twitter. ;-)

CyReN

Lol, I think anyone who thinks that this is "calling people out" might be just a bit too sensitive to the subject themselves, lol. Pretty sure making general statements and using no names is still a pretty acceptable practice. Especially on Twitter. ;-)

If this is the first time but let's be honest after numerous tweets and videos it's getting quite annoying. Trust me I've tried talking to him but he is just basing the competitive community off of people with players on XBL with MLG gamerpics and the Waypoint forums.

daedalius

I agree for the most part, I think 343i is a great team of people to do Halo 4. I really do appreciate them looking at feedback from all communities and listening instead of just keeping their vision. That means a lot and I think it will work out well.

This might be why I find some of the posters on the THC forums so insufferable.

Expecting a 1 on 1 sit down with the devs because you have great ideas is wholly different than designers soliciting the best players of a community at a play event for their input. The designers of WoW and Starcraft definitely solicit the 'pro' communities for feedback, but they are never in lockstep with what they want.

So basically I'm happy for the same reason as Cyren here, I just happened to be talking about THC/etc a while ago on XBL.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Agreed. Absolutely shocked people here are actually giving it negative attention, especially since it's absolutely true. Stay classy HaloGAF.

Tawpgun

It's important for designers to understand how their game plays at all levels of the skill distribution, but especially for those that fall within plus or minus two standard deviations (the majority of players). Those at the far right of the distribution will argue that their opinions matter most, because if you design a game for them, the game will be fun for everyone else. This may or may not be true.

This.

I also think, as a GENERAL rule of thumb, if you design the game to be fun and fair and awesome at a high level, competetive play, then you have the core and basis for a fun game.

Make the core game competetive and fun, then you can add your fluff to it.

He's a youtuber from ReadyUpLive, also likes to take swipes at the competitive community from now and then for w/e reason.

Him and his site have this hard on for referring to themselves as casual gamers. Like, they really stress that point. There's nothing wrong with being a casual halo player, but when you need to preach it and take shots at competetive communities and players... its pushing it.

I like this answer.

Except every designer at 343 only knows how the game plays on the left two deviations... HAR HAR. Get it? CAUSE THEY ARE BAD AT HALo!

kylej

Banned
All I know is Greenskull is 100% Certified Grade A bk. Kid almost dropped a double digit neg bomb on a bk friendly map when we played him the other day.

This.

I also think, as a GENERAL rule of thumb, if you design the game to be fun and fair and awesome at a high level, competetive play, then you have the core and basis for a fun game.

Make the core game competetive and fun, then you can add your fluff to it.

Him and his site have this hard on for referring to themselves as casual gamers. Like, they really stress that point. There's nothing wrong with being a casual halo player, but when you need to preach it and take shots at competetive communities and players... its pushing it.
I'm quoting this because it needs to be on the new page.

If the core game is competitive its fun for everyone, Halo: CE is a prime example of this. Besides, 90% of casuals wont even know or care what is different between non-competitive and competitive.

He's done this before though. He's indirectly tweeting for reasons which are beyond my comprehension.

All I know is Greenskull is 100% Certified Grade A bk. Kid almost dropped a double digit neg bomb on a bk friendly map when we played him the other day.

lol

Ryaaan14

Banned
He's not saying because you're a skilled player you can't be a good developer. He's saying just because you're NOT skilled doesn't mean you can't be.

He's not taking shots as much as he is defending casuals. I don't see how this is a controversial opinion.

And herpderp I know I'm a shitty player too. Doesn't matter.

I'm quoting this because it needs to be on the new page.

If the core game is competitive its fun for everyone, Halo: CE is a prime example of this. Besides, 90% of casuals wont even know or care what is different between non-competitive and competitive.

Why would people preach mediocrity? Its so annoying because its so apathetically pathetic. Grow a fucking pair and wolf.

Kids these days.

CyReN

oh i know that, but in MLG you need a team. I am not soloing that. Besides I don't know any of the maps. Just started playing Halo again.

I may be on in a few if you want to try MLG. If you like slayer I would do Super Slayer or Team Snipers personally.

-----

Before it goes on, everyone should be able to voice what they want in Halo 4, no need to tell another community what they can and can't say. That's why Halo is special to me, it's a great mixing pot of different communities through one game.

Probably would be best, don't know why he keeps coming back with it randomly though.

I would imagine that he probably feels the same way one the other end. I figure both RuL and THC have a lot to offer to their respective swaths of the Halo Community, and I love and appreciate them both. It might be nice if they could learn to do the same with each other. ;-)

It seems plenty of people think of you as a 100% Certified Grade A asshole, but I still love you. Mostly. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom