• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
Look at all that Dexterity! And lightning damage! That would go great for my Monk!

I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2, though. I always thought the original was a mediocre game that could totally be great with some changes, and the sequel looks to be doing that and more.

Oh I loved me some B'Lands. Powered through it in a couple long days and nights with a buddy instead of studying for finals a couple years ago and definitely had a good time. Did you play through alone or with friends?

senador

Banned
I'll probably get D3 when I get a new computer. Looks fun. I liked D2, but I never finished it. Maybe I should play that first.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wasn't there Saints Row 3 hype in this thread before? Yeah, I'm on that shit currently.

Glad you like it, now visit the community at SaintsRow.com. *Shameless plug.*

(I contract with THQ as a second job, work on Homefront, Saints Row, and Metro: Last Light communities) :p

Anyone want a Halo 4 grunt avatar?

JtQma.jpg

Trey

Saints Row 3 is the 2011 GOTY.

I gave the nod to Bastion, personally. Portal 2 was second. SR3 would've been up there had I played it last year.

Ok, so I haven't played the game in a year and a half and in my first competitive match I got the 2 clutch kills with the needle rifle (feelsgoodman.jpg).

50/49 like a bawss.

'Grats man. That Reach itch can feel good when scratched.

kylej

Banned
Portal 2 was pretty amazing. Wolpaw's lecture he gave at NYU after the game launched was genuinely fascinating. ( http://vimeo.com/23534126 )

Saints Row 3 is still GOTY though.

Top 5 2011

1) Saints Row 3
2) Assassins Creed Rev
3) LA Noire
4) Portal 2
5) Beyond Good & Evil XBLA

Look at all that Dexterity! And lightning damage! That would go great for my Monk!

I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2, though. I always thought the original was a mediocre game that could totally be great with some changes, and the sequel looks to be doing that and more.

I think Borderlands is an above-average game that I got addicted to. Wait a minute, it's just like Diablo 3 :O

blamite

I remember a day or two ago, someone was trying to figure out the layout of Adrift and Haven. There were small heatmaps of each in a Bulletin a few months back, maybe these will help?

image.axd

image.axd

Source

Had to look it up.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
2. Bulletstorm.
3. Saints Row the Third.
4. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
5. Crysis 2.

No Portal 2 because that game has next to zero replayability.

I think Borderlands is an above-average game that I got addicted to. Wait a minute, it's just like Diablo 3 :O
If they ditched "levels" Borderlands would be one of the greatest things ever. As it stands its almost one of the greatest things ever ;P

Trey

Portal 2 was fun, but I feel its super overhyped.

Great game. But those sections in the old Aperture Science ruins where fucking terrible. The ones outside the test chambers where you had to find an arbitrarily placed white wall tucked away somewhere obscure. Portal 2 would be one of the best games I've ever played if those parts were more interesting.

Tunavi

Banned
Great game. But those sections in the old Aperture Science ruins where fucking terrible. The ones outside the test chambers where you had to find to arbitrarily placed white wall tucked away somewhere obscure. Game would be one of the best games I've ever played if those parts were more interesting.
WUT. best part of the game.

Hey You

But LOOK at that LIFE ON HIT!...

OK I guess what Im saying is 343 should look at how Blizzard updates and fixes their game to make it better.

Cause Halo's hot garbage right now. Literally playlists have Heavies in them. Nuff Sed.
It's obviously easier to update thegame because it's on PC. They don't have to o through MS cert and stuff.

Portal 2 was pretty amazing. Wolpaw's lecture he gave at NYU after the game launched was genuinely fascinating. ( http://vimeo.com/23534126 )

Saints Row 3 is still GOTY though.

Top 5 2011

1) Saints Row 3
2) Assassins Creed Rev
3) LA Noire
4) Portal 2
5) Beyond Good & Evil XBLA

I love Assassin's Creed but I couldn't get into ACR. I don't know what it was, just felt off to me. Maybe I need to give it another go or something.

It's obviously easier to update thegame because it's on PC. They don't have to o through MS cert and stuff.

Console Good Enough Logic™

FUCK YOUR CERTS. FUCK YOUR SHITTY GAME. Its 2012. Wolves.

Adapt. Evolve. Play better stuff.

Is that enough words to describe the fact I'm unhappy with Halo's current situation. Were getting another Halo game that is more of the same.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Old Aperture was my favourite part, it really hits you just how far down you went. And the puzzles were great. And JK Simmons.

Trey

Bastion!

Though I really like Portal 2 and have been doing a replay with the beautiful PC version.

I should rebuy Bastion and Portal 2 for the PC just because.

Humble Bundle is looking like the move for Bastion because it comes with the soundtrack, which is pretty cool. And hey, a few other games are a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom