• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen this posted.....

... The Timeless one? Until now I'd considered 'the/an ancient evil' to refer to a species, not a single character. After E3 I made the assumption it was the Prometheans/The Didact... It still could be the Didact, couldn't it?
Wording is really questionable. Frankie could mean that we have not seen him yet. We just have seen the Cryptum where he is. On the other hand it could mean what you are saying. But the tag line was shown with the Didact symbol. So yeah... It would be misleading, if he were not the ancient evil. Let us wait till we finish the campaign.

Can anyone refresh me with what halo 4 has actually added besides an updated engine with better graphics n a new weapon suite? I can't really think of anything at the mome

Obviously there's Spartan Op's which I'm definitely excited about but ultimately sounds like Firefight with a story and CGI cutscene. I'm really holding out on Theatre being vastly improved or there being one last big ticket feature for multiplayer which really pushes Halo forward.

Recalling the Edge review of Halo 3, one of the reasons it received that prestigious 10/10 is because of the feature set: Forge and the revolutionary theatre mode were such leaps from Halo 2, features which really pushed the Halo pvp multi suite forward. Reach refined the Forge, expanded the Firefight options and added the ability to rewind campaign/FF films for Theatre (whilst also devolving it: no more could you watch a clip with friends, a key feature for me and many others) but it didn't actually add another big feature to the already established set. I just hope Spop's isn't the only big trick up their sleeve.

Congrats man!

So how are we on the Halo 4 Crushed Dreams List?

No dedi's
No 60 fps
No spectator mode
No map editor
No pro pipe

Any more? lol

@ Robbertster congrats on the exams and well done. Condolences on the football last night I was pulling for a Holland win but alas they've been too wasteful in front of the goal over the two games.

Stalker UKCG - "Away for 17 hours". Turn your Xbox off bro...

kylej

Banned
Can anyone refresh me with what halo 4 has actually added besides an updated engine with better graphics n a new weapon suite? I can't really think of anything at the moment

Well, uh. There are grunts in campaign again.

No dedi's
No 60 fps
No spectator mode
No map editor
No pro pipe

Any more? lol

No clan support
Not as many maps as Halo 2 or Halo 3

On the flip side

Yes there are randomized spawns
Yes there are killstreaks
Yes there are perks
Yes there is spartan and gun customization (especially pre-order bonuses)
Yes the BR has been nerfed
and most importantly, yes, Halo 4 Limited Edition will indeed only have 2,000,000 copies pressed instead of 3,000,000 making it truly limited.

Everything's on the right track imo.

Slow progress sketching up Haven, but I've almost finished the very basic layout. Still need gravity lifts, a couple of rooms, some rounded playspaces and a few other things, but I thought I'd show my progress, I may have it drastically wrong...

jbzoDDEtkYostk.png

Loginius

Some of you guys have ridiculous expectations....

60fps..... really?

spectator mode - I can understand this one but if it would make lag even more horrible I´m perfectly fine without it tbh

map editor - who are you kidding, they want to sell map packs, whou would I buy a map pack if I just can donwload a perfect recreation? Of coure it would be awesome but common who really believed we would get this?
Forge has been awesome since halo 3 and only a handfull of other games can deliver something equal or better, biggest problem is the color palette.

Gui_PT

map editor - who are you kidding, they want to sell map packs, whou would I buy a map pack if I just can donwload a perfect recreation? Of coure it would be awesome but common who really believed we would get this?

What?

Silliest sentece I have read in this thread

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kyle, it's much too early for you bullshit. Do you ever get tired of trolling? If you hate everything about Halo 4 why the hell do you stick around?

It's getting a bit ridiculous. You seem like a smart enough person, why not just go play something else if this game isn't looking good? Or do you just like to troll 343 that much?

I mean, you haven't even played it.

Gui_PT

Kyle, it's much too early for you bullshit. Do you ever get tired of trolling? If you hate everything about Halo 4 why the hell do you stick around?

It's getting a bit ridiculous. You seem like a smart enough person, why not just go play something else if this game isn't looking good? Or do you just like to troll 343 that much?

You are feeding him. Feeding him fuel

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You are feeding him. Feeding him fuel

I can't help it. Seeing 15 posts per day of Kyle sarcastically trolling 343 and Halo 4 is starting to slowly drive me insane. Why even stick around if you think the game sucks? Since, you know, we've all played it.

I'm pretty sure what he does is listed right in those forum rules someone posted yesterday.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BTB and TS are outpacing Living dead? What madness is this?

I need to play some Halo soon, I've been way too busy with this internship.

Gui_PT

I can't help it. Seeing 15 posts per day of Kyle sarcastically trolling 343 and Halo 4 is starting to slowly drive me insane. Why even stick around if you think the game sucks? Since, you know, we've all played it.

I'm pretty sure what he does is listed right in those forum rules someone posted yesterday.

That is why jesus created the ignore button

JonCha

Well, uh. There are grunts in campaign again.

No clan support
Not as many maps as Halo 2 or Halo 3

On the flip side

Yes there are randomized spawns
Yes there are killstreaks
Yes there are perks
Yes there is spartan and gun customization (especially pre-order bonuses)
Yes the BR has been nerfed
and most importantly, yes, Halo 4 Limited Edition will indeed only have 2,000,000 copies pressed instead of 3,000,000 making it truly limited.

Everything's on the right track imo.

I don't like negativity. How about:

BR is back, and uses hitscan

Spawns are randomized but predictable (i.e., set areas)
Killstreaks extend to Ordnance Drops, which are apparently not game-wide in the Infinity Slayer implementation
Only one perk seems overpowered - Promethean Vision. The rest seem minor
"[E]specially pre-order bonuses?" Come on now, are you saying there's going to be more available for pre-order than in-game? And what's wrong with customization anyway? And who gives a damn over how many copies of the Limited Edition are produced? 343 isn't the first company to bullshit about limited copies, if they even have.

Has no clan support been confirmed?

Do we know there will be less maps than H2/H3? Oh, wait, H3 had plenty of great maps! Guardian (overrated, IMO), The Pit, Construct, er ... Aside from that, they were boring. Foundry was garbage, High Ground was easy to dominate, Isolation was garbage, Sandtrap was a bore fest, Snowbound was garbage and Standoff was completely balanced.

And I assume you're trolling about Grunts.

Edit: Now I need to have some lunch.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Killstreaks extend to Ordnance Drops, which are apparently not game-wide in the Infinity Slayer implementation
"[E]specially pre-order bonuses?" Come on now, are you saying there's going to be more available for pre-order than in-game? And what's wrong with customization anyway?
And who gives a damn over how many copies of the Limited Edition are produced? 343 isn't the first company to bullshit about limited copies, if they even have.

Do we know there will be less maps than H2/H3? Oh, wait, H3 had plenty of great maps! Guardian (overrated, IMO), The Pit, Construct, er ... Aside from that, they were boring. Foundry was garbage, High Ground was easy to dominate, Isolation was garbage, Sandtrap was a bore fest, Snowbound was garbage and Standoff was completely balanced.

Thank you.

Also, there are no "killstreaks." I can't call in a stealth bomber to take out the entire other team at a whim, I can call in a needler. Yeah, I like the Needler, but unless the other team is horrible I'm not going to take out more than 2/3 people with it. I'm sorry, but there is really nothing similar in CoD's "Killstreaks" and Halo 4's Ordinance.

Fuchsdh

Just ignore him, Deadly. It'll spare you a lot of headaches. If it makes you feel any better, just imagine how much of a jackass he must be in real life! :)

Overdoziz

Banned
Thank you.

Also, there are no "killstreaks." I can't call in a stealth bomber to take out the entire other team at a whim, I can call in a needler. Yeah, I like the Needler, but unless the other team is horrible I'm not going to take out more than 2/3 people with it. I'm sorry, but there is really nothing similar in CoD's "Killstreaks" and Halo 4's Ordinance.
Has anyone even used the Needler at E3? I vaguely remember someone mentioning it's now closer to a power weapon.

Hey, "why the hell do you stick around?". This is still the HaloGAF thread and not Halo 4 OT. So he has reason to stick around if he loves the franchise. So yeah. But why do you care, you do not have to read his posts and get mad about it.

Trey

What would a full blown map creator bring in functional map design that Forge doesn't in a practical sense? The main arguments I've seen are that it looks boring/ugly, and the geometry doesn't play nice with the grenade physics.

I have never played Trials or Far Cry 2, so I'm not familiar with the comparisons.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Has anyone even used the Needler at E3? I vaguely remember someone mentioning it's now closer to a power weapon.

That would be interesting indeed. I was hearing it's more akin to the Halo 3 needler. I've liked the gun in each iteration, it's one of my go-to weapons since no one ever grabs it. Also, people seem to run straight at you when you have it. :)

Hey, "why the hell do you stick around?". This is still the HaloGAF thread and not Halo 4 OT. So he has reason to stick around if he loves the franchise. So yeah. But why do you care, you do not have to read his posts and get mad about it.

Hey, I'm just saying it's odd to see someone so against the new game yet continuing to post sarcastic attacks against 343 on a daily basis. I can easily ignore what he posts, but at some point the rules of the forum have to come into play. I have no issue with Kyle not liking Halo 4 or the changes, it's just the way he goes about making sarcastic comments to everyone about the game's development, while not even yet having played it that gets me.

Hey Robbert, did you read this:
As you saw at E3, we have a solid line-up of games launching this holiday, along with other entertainment experiences. We’ve changed our approach a little, though. This year, Xbox will be focusing on smaller, more localized promotions and experiences for press, partners, retailers and customers around the world. Which means that as you might have seen on some of the news sites today, we won’t be taking part in gamescom or Tokyo Games Show this year.

Both are still important shows for the industry, and we do wish the organizers well.
http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/xbox-changes-strategy-for-gamescom-and-tgs/

Looks like no Halo 4 at GamesCom.

"[E]specially pre-order bonuses?" Come on now, are you saying there's going to be more available for pre-order than in-game? And what's wrong with customization anyway? And who gives a damn over how many copies of the Limited Edition are produced? 343 isn't the first company to bullshit about limited copies, if they even have.

Edit: Now I need to have some lunch.

There are going to be 10 maps at launch plus some forge maps apparently.

I don't think it's fair to say that because Halo 3 had some bad maps, Halo 4 should have fewer maps than Halo 2 and 3. I'm 100% sure that there are going to be bad maps in Halo 4. Every Halo game had them. I'm glad if isn't true but I just don't see it happen.

And about the BR. The reason I think why people complaining that the BR is 5-shot is because the BR has always been a 4-shot kill. 4-shot inherently tied to the BR and when 343 announced that the BR was back in all its former glory, many people expected the shots to kill to stay the same. It's like saying you're going to bring the Halo CE pistol back, only this time it's going to be a 4-shot kill. It's just not the same

I know kill damage is still being tweaked and I hope it will be changed. Let the kill time remain exactly the same as it is now if 343 thinks it's right now. Just change the amount of shot's it takes to kill somebody.

Hey Robbert, did you read this:

http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/xbox-changes-strategy-for-gamescom-and-tgs/

Looks like no Halo 4 at GamesCom.

That's pretty stupid if there isn't going to be any Microsoft presence at gamescom. Way to show your European fans that they care about them.

That would be interesting indeed. I was hearing it's more akin to the Halo 3 needler. I've liked the gun in each iteration, it's one of my go-to weapons since no one ever grabs it. Also, people seem to run straight at you when you have it. :)

It was used once in the MLG footage, and it was very powerful, probably more powerful than Halo 3, but it's hard to tell.

Fuchsdh

My problem with the Reach needler is the fact that shields have to be down for a supercombine means other combos eclipse it in many circumstances. I'd rather have an AR if I can't be sure how his shields are to strip them, and a PP overcharge + one bullet seems a lot more efficient.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MS is mostly in coasting mode at this point. No need to spend the money on overseas conferences when the new consoles are next year and the 360 is still raking in cash.

Although I find it odd that Halo 4 won't be there at all. You'd think even just a play area.

TheOddOne

MS is mostly in coasting mode at this point. No need to spend the money on overseas conferences when the new consoles are next year and the 360 is still raking in cash.

Although I find it odd that Halo 4 won't be there at all. You'd think even just a play area.
Forza is huge in Europe, why the eff ain't they promoting it? Hey, you know what would be good to promote? This indie game called Halo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Forza is huge in Europe, why the eff ain't they promoting it? Hey, you know what would be good to promote? This indie game called Halo.

Yeah, I'm wondering how much the EU market will care about Forza Horizon though. It's not the standard Forza, it's an open world, more arcade style game set in Colorado.

Odd that they wouldn't have a small demo station for new games though.

kylej

Banned

I don't troll, it's called being a realist. Separate yourself from your bizarre emotional attachment to a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation and look at the actual game you will spending money on this fall. If everything perfectly matches up with your expectations, congratulations. They don't mine, and wanting all different enemies in campaign after a decade, or a substantially better map editor, or more maps than previous releases are not what I would could outrageous expectations.

I don't troll, it's called being a realist. Separate yourself from your bizarre emotional attachment to a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation and look at the actual game you will spending money on this fall. If everything perfectly matches up with your expectations, congratulations. They don't mine, and wanting all different enemies in campaign after a decade, or a substantially better map editor, or more maps than previous releases are not what I would could outrageous expectations.
I would say that you are a pessimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom