• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the games chaps, thought it playtested really well. Gonna make some small changes to aid framerate and reduce the overall budget a bit, and will have to check through all the settings for other gametypes, but overall, good fun.

Oh and I moved rockets to where sword spawns, and removed sword. Less of clusterfuck of explosions in the first 20 seconds that way. :D

GG!

Me and Swift were busy showing Geth what N7 means sorry we couldnt join

I think the Covie and Forerunner weapons look sick, but those UNSC weapons outside the AR really need some work. I think the BR would be better if it was black instead of grey with that yellowish stripe.
It's not the color that's the main problem, it's the model itself. The model isn't the sleek version it was in 2/3.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I understand 343's dilemma of staying true to original designs while giving the universe a new look.

The needle rifle is butt ugly

i agree, i think it just needs a slight change to make it look better.

jbt9fRxp1P0lSN.jpg

still really fun to use though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAJaHsHO6mQ

At 5:20 in that video. Crouching with the Hardlight shield was a "new sandbox combination they had never thought of."

Flashbacks of Zealot space section. No need for a beta guys, MS internals are vigorous enough!

Seriously though, Halo 4 really should've had a beta. All major multiplayer shooters with a lot of variables to balance should have a beta really.

New needler looks great.

It's such bullshit. I play Halo with people from:

Penny Arcade Forums
NeoGAF
HBO
Bungie.net

Even if I split it evenly, that's 25 people per site I can have, and each has way more than that many people on them, and that's ignoring any people local to me that I play with and family members.

It's sad when MS still has 100 friends limits when Nintendo lets you make Groups (clans) with limits far and beyond that. Fucking Nintendo.
Dude relax, what more do you want for 60 freaking dollars?

:'(

Thanks for the games chaps, thought it playtested really well. Gonna make some small changes to aid framerate and reduce the overall budget a bit, and will have to check through all the settings for other gametypes, but overall, good fun.

Oh and I moved rockets to where sword spawns, and removed sword. Less of clusterfuck of explosions in the first 20 seconds that way. :D

GG!

Nice to hear, map played great!

Shame we were stuck with AndyTheNoob.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't see a difference.

Edit: I DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULgEIR35amQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=457s

"Are there gonna be dedicated servers?"

"Sorry can't comment on that"

Why not dismiss it outright if we're not getting them? Seems an odd answer considering that interview a while back which confirmed no dedis...

Who knows what they might be trying to implement and test right now. I doubt Halo 4 will have dedicated servers but for all we know there could be a chance and maybe they just don't want to rule it out at this stage.

Gui_PT

Yeah what the hell is up with the font?

I thought I changed something by mistake but I guess not

It's like I accidentally zoomed in on the page

There should be a vote where you can choose to make threads with either, but in the end the results are ignored and the new font size is used only in Community threads for some reason.

And then they get rid of Gaming Community and replace it with another FAQ subforum.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Buncha scrubs couldn't adapt so they had to change it back.
By increasing the font size you ruin the interelationship of the negative shape, the figure ground relationship. The shapes between characters and within the characters so that the counters and the space between them just do not hold the letters anymore. It's no longer letters existing in a powerful matrix of surrounding space it's just jarring to the eyes by creating such an expanse between each letter you make each word feel obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom