• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think if you go positive in your first ever Halo 4 match you should get an Adaption medal and 100 points.

Woorloog

Banned
Picking the game up quick is what I'm good at. But I plateau and stop giving a shit after a while.

Same here. I remember having more or less a winning streak when i started playing Halo 3 online.
Also in Battlefield 3.
But there is limit to how good i can become. (If that is measured via K/D, in Halo Reach and 3 it is about 1.41-1.45 and in BF3 1.21)

TheOddOne

By making it larger you open up a lot of possibilities for the future. The old font style was getting stale, people were not reacting to it anymore. This had a negative on website traffic, people were flocking to other sites that are moving in bold new directions with their fonts. We need a change, but it is crucial that it still feels like the old style – but also modernizing it.

By making it larger you open up a lot of possibilities for the future. The old font style was getting stale, people were not reacting to it anymore. This had a negative on website traffic, people were flocking to other sites that are moving in bold new directions with their fonts. We need a change, but it is crucial that it still feels like the old style – but also modernizing it.
Something something Evilore came to his senses, sets an example.
Some people don't like the big text in front of them, they prefer the clearer, sleeker look of the traditional UI.
So it's nice people have the option, they can customise it how ever they want with things like Greasemonkey, free to play Halo 4 browse GAF however they like.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
By increasing the font size to such an extreme you actually close off old avenues of user preference as well as alienating your current userbase from the familiar. What would be needed in order to have an air of familiarity while giving users something new would be a middleground, I say font size 11.5. This ensures that those who were already used to the old size would adjust quickly to the new size and the experience would not jar the currently established userbase for the change would be subtle. This would also have a positive effect on net traffic as people would are not looking for new experiences as much as they are looking for refined experiences.

By increasing the font size to such an extreme you actually close off old avenues of user preference as well as alienating your current userbase from the familiar. What would be needed in order to have an air of familiarity while giving users something new would be a middleground, I say font size 11.5. This ensures that those who were already used to the old size would adjust quickly to the new size and the experience would not jar the currently established userbase for the change would be subtle. This would also have a positive effect on net traffic as people would are not looking for new experiences as much as they are looking for refined experiences.

I doubt too many people are coming and going over font-size. You guys are over thinking this.

FyreWulff

This post made me snort coke zero up my nose by accident

o7mOI.png

(after he commented on Cragmire)

I took a capture of the ESPN Viral stuff if anyone can't see it (or in case they change it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNCF4AX54tg&hd=1

As it's YouTube you can freeze frame so it's a bit easier to see what's going on compared to the live ESPN site.
God, translating languages is so tough. So many variations and possible meanings.

The rough google translate combined with intertran does seem to get the jist. Trying to collate it now.

My 10 minute interpretation:

And great rich parturient*
The mount will carry off.

Tomorrow (on the eve of) Everyone will quiver (with fear?) of My Management.

Upon transitory dust (when change has occurred i.e. Halo 1-3)
lucky upon (look upon?)

Add your e-
conveyance is , (method of arrival/transport)
life to agree

Name lucky he is (the one is named lucky - The Chief?)

View results published (reviewing stats, my guess on humanity's battle readiness)

The fifth home of the great (The fifth place the Didact has stayed in? Or the 5th Requiem esc planet?)
rich parturient* (can I just say.. hot)
link how or
more crime (Humanity has failed to take up the mantle? Commited crimes?)

Upon person responsible (Uh oh)
lion good wise (woken the sleeping lion?)

When concern worthless (no point in being afraid of something you can't beat? Or that he has no reason to fear us?)
worthless to add to a heap. (weird one, maybe no point in more death/destruction? Doubtful)

When to grow strong
Consequently to raise up
about first principle of equity. (coming to kick our ass at the right time?) (wanting an equal fight?)

We/Opening/Entrance
seneschal – Middle Ages Noble Officer/Officer in charge of Justice & Control (Us failing to take up the mantle have been judged as too big for our own breeches)
some/come (he's opening/coming to kick our ass)

* About to give birth; in labor.

On the weird numbers:
So8ii (So ate i?)
sdr3 - (Radio for the wild south?) lawlz
r35 – (Risk Phase 35? R35: Causes severe burns)

tl;dr - We've failed to take up the mantle, have grown too strong, Didact has waited and it's time to be judged.
Primordium:
Precusor esc, no?

Recarpo

Hooray trueskill. Kyle, you're welcome to join me, if you'd like. Same goes for anybody else. GT:recarpo.
game.jpg

Also, why is my score 60 but the post game lobby said my kills were 44?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The font is still the same for me, lol.

Whoa, 2015! I thought mainline Halo was on a two year schedule now?

daedalius

So I played a game of regular Team Slayer because I'm obviously a masochist.

Fuck, 100% bloom is SO AWFUL; how did they ever think this was a good thing? The DMR kills so pathetically slow, its jokingly easy to get away. And then the whole spamming vs pacing at mid-range, which is pretty much totally accurate; not worth it to pace, you just lose to a scrub spamming.

The only time 100% bloom is ok is when you're shooting at big dumb elites, because its basically like 85% bloom because their hitbox's are so gigantic.

The font is still the same for me, lol.

Whoa, 2015! I thought mainline Halo was on a two year schedule now?

I think Phil Spencer's comments on more frequent releases didn't really mean shortening development time on mainline titles. I don't see how you can create games with the same quality with one less year of development time. I think we'll see more sidestory games like ODST or Wars.

Made some final tweaks, and entered the map for the Waypoint contest. With any luck, you'll all be hating this map and cursing my existence if it wins. ;)

WP_000428.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think Phil Spencer's comments on more frequent releases didn't really mean shortening development time on mainline titles. I don't see how you can create games with the same quality with one less year of development time. I think we'll see more sidestory games like ODST or Wars.
Or more Spartan Ops seasons. That'd be really cool, actually.

When I was working my way through Crow's Nest I decided to hop down near the entrance to the Caves in the final battle. The Chieftain was firing away his fuel rod gun, so I was trapped. Luckily he got bore and curious (and even more lucky that I had a shotgun). He rounded the corner and BAM. Got 'im.

On Tsavo Highway, in the section where you hold out and fight those two Phantoms of Brutes, I decided to pull back to where the sniper was on top of that huge pipe and picked off as many as I could. Quite the challenge even then, and an entirely different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom