• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Man, even from the outside the sniper looks fugly.
2820903-web_preview.png
To offset the ugly, Scattershot looks fantastic.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I like the needler as it is in Reach. I think it's good to have alternative/sub-weapons like that on the map to find and mix things up a bit. It's not a power weapon by any means, but in certain situations it'll come out on top.

is it just me, or is the needler in reach really dependant on your connection? some times i find it very powerful, but lately i feel like even a full "clip" of needles don't cause the 'splosion.

Plus, dudes explode in a big pink firework. That's never not satisfying.

this is why i need the needle rifle in 4. the carbine looks like a beast in reach, and was in 3's beta, but i find it such a dull weapon compared to reach's neerfle. i hope it returns.

Seems to be same model with new textures?
Extremely similar, but no, look at the centre, near the exit area, there's a vertical piece of material rather than slanted in Reach.

The 4 model looks rough in places actually. Weird for a stand alone render.
Wonder if these are the kind of areas that we'll be seeing the engine's "weaker" points (hesitate to even imply it's that negative a thing).

Stay out of the Ending Shot thread. It's got spoilers on page 6. :(
It was too late for me. Too late. Fuckin' asshole. I hope he gets banned.

Just to clarify: On Page 6 there is a still from the
Prometheus ending.
Seriously. Tried to avoid the spoilers for so long and then this shit happened. Of course the thread is full of spoilers but the movie was released in the cinema two weeks ago.

carbine is the most consistent looking weapon

i3w4xJdPLerHX.JPG

Halo CE mod
ikyQRIWB9nvhk.JPG

Halo 2
i51UkyzRJet2A.JPG

Halo 3
ibaEnUriy06UTW.JPG

Halo 4

looks like it gets slightly taller with each iteration. also thank god this is back, will be my most used weapon.

EDIT: FIXD

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Prometheus ending.
Seriously. Tried to avoid the spoilers for so long and then this shit happened. Of course the thread is full of spoilers but the movie was released in the cinema two weeks ago.

:(

That is the cutest thing ever.

Prometheus ending.

Oh fuck, that sucks. A lot... :(

For what its worth, I can promise you that it really doesn't spoil a story point though. =)

carbine is the most consistent looking weapon

i3w4xJdPLerHX.JPG

i51UkyzRJet2A.JPG

ibaEnUriy06UTW.JPG

looks like it gets slightly taller with each iteration. also thank god this is back, will be my most used weapon.

The new Carbine does look really really nice.

Korosenai

Kind of off-topic from the Halo 4 discussion, but I was just watching this video about the vidmaster achievements in Halo, and it reminded me of the time when me and two friends were going for the vidmaster achievement in Marathon. We got all the way to the last level, about 3 1/2 hours of playtime, and we lagged out. I cried for about a week.

I think the Covie and Forerunner weapons look sick, but those UNSC weapons outside the AR really need some work. I think the BR would be better if it was black instead of grey with that yellowish stripe.

Halo 4 Needler looks really nice, though I can't help but notice the colours of the blamite are all washed out in my opinion - at least compared to the previous iterations. I want it to be as pink as possible, please, but I love the purple colour of the gun itself. I guess that could just be the capture itself, though. I'd forgotten how dinky the Halo 3 Needler looked.

Seems they likely took the Reach model and touched it up. Its not a bad looking weapon, but its almost too bad we didn't get to see 343's take on it.

343's take is purple.

After seeing what they did to the sniper rifle, I'm glad the Needler looks like this. :lol

Prometheus ending.

You know Hyper, I can understand it sucks getting spoiled, and I would've hated it if it happened to me, but it's kinda your own fault by heading into a thread like that. In an ideal world, people wouldn't post pics but would instead link to them all, but alas, this is NeoGaf. If you head into a thread labeled "Greatest Ending Shots", well, that's what you're going to see.

You know Hyper, I can understand it sucks getting spoiled, but it's kinda your own fault by heading into threads like that. In an ideal world, people wouldn't post pics but would instead link to them all, but alas, this is NeoGaf. If you head into a thread labeled "Greatest Ending Shots", well, that's what you're going to see.
There is a difference: Prometheus is a recent movie. It came out two weeks ago in the USA. Of course you would expect spoilers. But not from a movie which came out two weeks ago and has no home release till October. And the movie is not even out in the most countries...

Woorloog

Banned
I think the Covie and Forerunner weapons look sick, but those UNSC weapons outside the AR really need some work. I think the BR would be better if it was black instead of grey with that yellowish stripe.

BR is perfect as it is in Halo 4. I'm guessing the game will have a matte black skin for it though, that is going to be popular, so why not.

There is a difference: Prometheus is a recent movie. It came out two weeks ago in the USA. Of course you would expect spoilers. But not from a movie which came out two weeks ago and has no home release till October. And the movie is not even out in the most countries...

As I said: this is NeoGAF. Always expect the worst. When you see a thread like that and you're trying to avoid getting spoiled about a movie everybody's talking about, well...

Besides, it's not that special an ending shot anyway. :lol

That gun model is outdated. :)

See? Retina displays.

Thanks for the games chaps, thought it playtested really well. Gonna make some small changes to aid framerate and reduce the overall budget a bit, and will have to check through all the settings for other gametypes, but overall, good fun.

Oh and I moved rockets to where sword spawns, and removed sword. Less of clusterfuck of explosions in the first 20 seconds that way. :D

GG!

blamite

needlersndt8.gif

Not the same model, looks like it. Proportions have changed a bit.

Fortunately most of the touch-ups are better. The needles look sharper and deadlier, and the new lights look pretty good. The only thing I'd change is the color of the shell; it's just a tiny bit too purple. I'd love a shinier, slightly darker version of the Reach model's pink color.

Thanks for the games chaps, thought it playtested really well. Gonna make some small changes to aid framerate and reduce the overall budget a bit, and will have to check through all the settings for other gametypes, but overall, good fun.

Oh and I moved rockets to where sword spawns, and removed sword. Less of clusterfuck of explosions in the first 20 seconds that way. :D

GG!

Sorry I didn't join you bro, I was too busy causing earthquakes trying out Halo Anniversary on the surround system at home. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom