• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

So this might be somewhat big for Halo 2 Vista but I forced enabled v-sync+FXAA with the new Nvidia drivers and not only does it look great but it is FINALLY playable with the KB+M

FXAA shot

FXAA will only blur up your screen as opposed to the actual built in AA. Deferred Engines and games with lots of alpha and poor anti-aliasing are the ones you gotta use FXAA on.

I wonder if we can still place weapons on map in Forge. None of the default maps have weapons on map. Perhaps we just set ordnance drop points and configure them in custom game settings, or much preferably map specific settings, with custom game settings as cascading/overriding settings.

I wonder if we can still place weapons on map in Forge. None of the default maps have weapons on map. Perhaps we just set ordnance drop points and configure them in custom game settings, or much preferably map specific settings, with custom game settings as cascading/overriding settings.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you will be able to place weapons on the map.

senador

Banned
This has nothing to do with what you said but what happened to steampunk Master Chief? ;-; I loved the way it looked.

Heh, I'll bring him back sometime. Fuchsdh did a great job on it. My friend got me to read Ultimates and I liked how Iron Man looked so snagged it for a bit.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Whenever I go to Florida, I'm always stunned at how horrible the tap water is there... Like, bottled water must be in tremendous demand.

Yep, it's awful. Reeks of sulfur. However they do attempt to purify a line for faucets and leave the unfiltered absolute shit for external use. So imagine coming home to your apartment complex with all the sprinklers activated. Makes me want to vomit.

You can set it so you won't be put in a match in progress.

Why has that been stated?

I hope so. But we can also place power-ups (camo, OS, custom) in Reach, and they're not used in MM (besides anniversary). How do you think we'll forge for Halo 4 standard gametypes?

Hopefully you don't. :p

inb4 bad forge taking over matchmaking defense force

Fun story, I can count how many glasses of water I've had since the new year on one hand.

I drink at least 5-6 glasses of water everyday. I can't imagine not having at least a few glasses a day.

wwm0nkey

One of my friends was saying something about that Xbox Companion App showing a Halo 4 demo on the tutorial screen or something like that? Anyone know what that is about?

One of my friends was saying something about that Xbox Companion App showing a Halo 4 demo on the tutorial screen or something like that? Anyone know what that is about?

Just mock ups for tutorial purposes, doesn't mean anything. Same type of thing was in the E3 conference.

heckfu

Banned

Yeah, I'll post a cap later but it's exactly what it sounds like, just shows an Xbox tile that says, "Halo 4: Play the demo."

Frankie debunked it though.

wwm0nkey

I think we all know (even if we don't want to accept it) that a demo for the game is extremely unlikely.

Well yeah I don't think we will get a Demo until after release like they did with Halo: Reach. Microsoft really needs to stop doing this stuff though because people who don't know better will probably spread around that there will be a Halo 4 demo.

Well yeah I don't think we will get a Demo until after release like they did with Halo: Reach. Microsoft really needs to stop doing this stuff though because people who don't know better will probably spread around that there will be a Halo 4 demo.

Yeah that seems to be the strategy with most of the major consoles titles lately. No demo before, at, or close to launch. Random demo pops up 6 months after release.

wwm0nkey

Yeah that seems to be the strategy with most of the major consoles titles lately. No demo before, at, or close to launch. Random demo pops up 6 months after release.

Didn't the Reach demo help boost sales too since it had the option to buy the full game with-in the Demo?

Ryaaan14

Banned

No demo, or demo at release. That is what a demo is for. A demo has never been Plan B for selling copies, otherwise I may not have subscribed to a couple magazines when I was young.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't believe they said they had a pistols tournament on Valhalla, the guy who held that tournament is insane.

wwm0nkey

FXAA will only blur up your screen as opposed to the actual built in AA. Deferred Engines and games with lots of alpha and poor anti-aliasing are the ones you gotta use FXAA on.

Just saw this but I guess that explain the blur lol

Still I guess the new drivers and forcing V-Sync on helped the mouse aiming though for some reason.

Singapore stream is dumb.

zdfzU.gif

Just cause no one likes the dancing .gif :p

NOKYARD

Cartographer folks, any chance you could drop a line to the Imago creator and see if he's willing to rework his spawns? That map's layout is pretty cool, but the spawns are atrocious. I wouldn't mind playing it more if they were better, definitely up in the Select-level bracket of Forge maps.

I guess I could find out which CC submitted it and bring it up with them for a spawn review tomorrow.

I will be putting up a new version to fix some HLG exploits early next week. I am sure the builder would be open to any suggestions which help improve the map. He was very easy to deal with regarding the changes the CC requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom