• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If the guy in matchmaking could get his point across without calling everyone idiots, and you without calling people shitheads and assholes... it'd be nice. Or does not getting what we want justify the meanness?
Now I know that the thread moves fast so I don't blame you for missing it so here you go:
The fucking arrogance. Fuck you and your ilk. I present my ideas and argue my points. All you shitheads do is fucking type one-liners and be assholes. Well congrats to you, asshole.

*mic drop*

The fucking arrogance. Fuck you and your ilk. I present my desire to play a good gametype and you vote for pure shit. All you shitheads do is fucking play Heavies BTB and be assholes. Well congrats to you, asshole.

*mic drop*
Perfect.

I really hope Halo 4 does away with gametype voting, especially now that we can choose our starting weapon. Dedicated playlists for dedicated gametypes please.

Havok

Cartographer folks, any chance you could drop a line to the Imago creator and see if he's willing to rework his spawns? That map's layout is pretty cool, but the spawns are atrocious. I wouldn't mind playing it more if they were better, definitely up in the Select-level bracket of Forge maps.

Flashbacks of Zealot space section. No need for a beta guys, MS internals are vigorous enough!

Seriously though, Halo 4 really should've had a beta. All major multiplayer shooters with a lot of variables to balance should have a beta really.

New needler looks great.

There being a public beta doesn't mean that anything changes, or that anything changes differently than it would from a smaller pool of testing. MS has close to 100,000 FTE employees, it's certainly no small pool.

This post made me snort coke zero up my nose by accident

o7mOI.png

(after he commented on Cragmire)

Jokes on you for drinking Coke Zero.

Seriously though.

Stop voting for Heavies then.

Come on, we all know that people consistently vote for things that are terrible.

I always vote None of the Above, because the GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE! Then it's not. :/

Ryaaan14

Banned
Perfect.

I really hope Halo 4 does away with gametype voting, especially now that we can choose our starting weapon. Dedicated playlists for dedicated gametypes please.

Take away voting period imo.

I miss the days of bracing yourself for your inevitable fate, not pissing and moaning over a voting screen when people didn't vote your way.

FyreWulff

There being a public beta doesn't mean that anything changes, or that anything changes differently than it would from a smaller pool of testing. MS has close to 100,000 FTE employees, it's certainly no small pool.

Jokes on you for drinking Coke Zero.

Seriously though.

Placates my urge for carbonated something without tasting like crap like Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. Switched to it and it help contribute to dropping weight from 280something to 265 and ongoing.. (also with some help from Tashi)

I had to stop drinking normal Coke after I realized spending 5 minutes drinking a can meant I had to workout for for 45 mins just to pay it off in calories burned.

Tawpgun

Placates my urge for carbonated something without tasting like crap like Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. Switched to it and it help contribute to dropping weight from 280something to 265 and ongoing.. (also with some help from Tashi)

I had to stop drinking normal Coke after I realized spending 5 minutes drinking a can meant I had to workout for for 45 mins just to pay it off in calories burned.

Just drink water bro

FyreWulff

Important bit.

I'm the same way, and drink a fair amount of diet soda at work (free helps). I also drink a lot of sparking soda water (currently, lemon/lime). Just water, natural flavors and bubbles. I really like bubbles.

Also the caffeine helps me get through coding. Which is important because that's my living now.

Cartographer folks, any chance you could drop a line to the Imago creator and see if he's willing to rework his spawns? That map's layout is pretty cool, but the spawns are atrocious. I wouldn't mind playing it more if they were better, definitely up in the Select-level bracket of Forge maps.

I guess I could find out which CC submitted it and bring it up with them for a spawn review tomorrow.

Just drink water bro

Yeah that's pretty much what I've done. I used to drink Coke all the time, but now the only time I drink it is mixed with rum.

Take away voting period imo.

I miss the days of bracing yourself for your inevitable fate, not pissing and moaning over a voting screen when people didn't vote your way.
Nah, map voting is still important. Just don't show other players how many votes something has. That way people will be more inclined to vote for what they actually want instead of strategically voting.

And for the love of god don't let the other team see if you're in a full party. So many people preemptively quit when they see they're up against a full party.

FyreWulff

Diet Soda is just about as bad as regular. You'll lose a lot more weight cutting it off. I just do coffee for caffiene.

If you had to drink Omaha tap water you'd probably be at the store within 5 minutes checking out a 24 pack of soda. If I could tolerate just water, I'd do it. As it is, it's either Gatorade I've made out of powder or Zero.

I still need that defiant zombie achievement to finish the fight

It took us 3 games to even get Condemned as an option with a full party w/ DLC. Good luck.

Nah, map voting is still important. Just don't show other players how many votes something has. That way people will be more inclined to vote for what they actually want instead of strategically voting.

And for the love of god don't let the other team see if you're in a full party. So many people preemptively quit when they see they're up against a full party.
Better yet, don't fucking match randoms with a full party.

Though I agree with the first point. I hate the "voting strategies" people try to employ.

Ryaaan14

Banned

I would be ok with that solution. However I feel it's very important to see who's in party. If people quit that's their own problem, enforce a stricter quit punishment or non-quit incentive.

I would be ok with that solution. However I feel it's very important to see who's in party. If people quit that's their own problem, enforce a stricter quit punishment or non-quit incentive.

Drop-in is in for Halo 4, so I doubt there will be a serious punishment for quitting.

Havok

I guess I could find out which CC submitted it and bring it up with them for a spawn review tomorrow.
Much appreciated. The issue I was having was that anytime our team was holding the grenade launcher side of the map, people were spawning in our direct line of sight probably 20 or 30 feet from us instead of across the map where they were safe.

In social there shouldn't be a punishment for quitting. I shouldn't have to feel locked in and chained to a plethora of shitty or repetitive choices, so I'm all for DIDO.

Lol at people thinking ranked matchmaking will be a thing!

Kidding of course.

Or am I?

It is an available option, probably will be mostly utilized in "party game" playlists and customs.

So all of them? :p

You can already drop into customs in previous Halo games.

Honestly though, I expect DIDO to be in most playlists, the exception just being a small subset of whatever their "ranked" option ends up being.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So all of them? :p

You can already drop into customs in previous Halo games.

Heh, didn't even think about previous customs. But yeah, the thing is I am not going to be happy at all if I join a Team Slayer playlist and 25-50% of the time I'm being added to a game in progress. That is going to put off a ton of people. I mean what are the odds of you actually keeping the party together for the next game? Slim to none.

Heh, didn't even think about previous customs. But yeah, the thing is I am not going to be happy at all if I join a Team Slayer playlist and 25-50% of the time I'm being added to a game in progress. That is going to put off a ton of people. I mean what are the odds of you actually keeping the party together for the next game? Slim to none.

Works for every other FPS on the market.

Getting put into the middle of a game sometimes isn't great, but I'll take if it means getting to play in full games I think it's worth it.

I guess it must suck to be poor and cry over $10

Wait what?

senador

Banned
Somebody say coffee? Mmmmmm. I dropped soda a couple years back. I only have them here and there. Miss it sometimes, but mostly not. Lost a bunch of weight and feel much better. I love me some coffee though so that helped.

I'm LTTP and not caught up on the thread today, but the pic I saw of the sniper is ugly as shit. I'm pretty disappointed by it and as petty as it sounds, it'll effect my desire and ability to use it. Here's to hoping it gets reworked or you can unlock a better looking one or something.

Somebody say coffee? Mmmmmm. I dropped soda a couple years back. I only have them here and there. Miss it sometimes, but mostly not. Lost a bunch of weight and feel much better. I love me some coffee though so that helped.

I'm LTTP and not caught up on the thread today, but the pic I saw of the sniper is ugly as shit. I'm pretty disappointed by it and as petty as it sounds, it'll effect my desire and ability to use it. Here's to hoping it gets reworked or you can unlock a better looking one or something.
This has nothing to do with what you said but what happened to steampunk Master Chief? ;-; I loved the way it looked.

GhaleonEB

Diet Soda is just about as bad as regular. You'll lose a lot more weight cutting it off. I just do coffee for caffiene.

I dropped 10 lbs in a month or so after switching to diet soda about six years ago. Kept it off. The trick is to be cognizant of the fact that diet soda won't satiate sugar cravings. It's for bubbles, flavor, caffeine and a nasty after taste.

A lot of people switch to diet, then compensate for the sugar they used to get from regular soda in other ways - which they still crave - and don't lose any weight.
Water >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Soda

Not where I live. Even filtering it, I can't drink the stuff. And if I'm going to buy it, I'd rather buy bubbly stuff (sparkling water - I drink diet soda at work).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom