• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No one click

41kQ6.jpg

We got this shit on lock.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Actually, does anyone here have a spare code they would be willing to sell before I go grab on on Amazon?

You could post in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread here. I got one for $10, cheaper from Amazon, and there's no waiting. People will pm you the code

edit: Ryaaan, you got drafted, son! :D

neoism

The one exception being KOTOR, which is still just okay.

Princess Mononoke and/or Tekkon Kinkreet.
see this is what got me to hate them.. I played the xbox version and it was the first game I had ever bought by bioware.... was great til the game started glitching and then I got stuck in that white room... game over... bought the first mass effect for 5 bones and was still disappointed... they suck

How often does a person shoot a nade on purpose compared to when they shoot it on accident and die or get a kill because of it?

Just because it's rare doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. It is not programmed randomness.

When something required extremely precise aim, people are going to get lucky once in a while a do it. Someone will be able to shoot a grenade on a rare occasion. I might also no-scope someone from across the map on a rare occasion, but I'll never be able to do that on a consistent basis. I don't see what is wrong with that.

We've already discussed this to death though, and there are plenty of people on both sides.

About the Mass Effect discussion, I think the first one is placed on quite the pedestal. The combat is pretty poor in the first game. I definitely enjoyed the second game more (haven't played the third one yet). *cue Mass Effect purists crashing down on me with the wrath of a thousand suns*

Fracas

#fuckonami
We still need a replacement for The Odd One. Any takers? You get to be a captain as well.

Also, list is updated. I need picks from Hypertrooper, Slightly Live, DemonCarnotaur, and
-Yeti

edit: VivaciousJazzy, would you want in the tourney?

heckfu

Banned
We still need a replacement for The Odd One. Any takers? You get to be a captain as well.

Also, list is updated. I need picks from Hypertrooper, Slightly Live, DemonCarnotaur, and
-Yeti

edit: VivaciousJazzy, would you want in the tourney?

I thought Dani didn't want to be a captain anymore

Overdoziz

Banned
Just because it's rare doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. It is not programmed randomness.

When something required extremely precise aim, people are going to get lucky once in a while a do it. Someone will be able to shoot a grenade on a rare occasion. I might also no-scope someone from across the map on a rare occasion, but I'll never be able to do that on a consistent basis. I don't see what is wrong with that.

We've already discussed this to death though, and there are plenty of people on both sides.
No-scoping someone across the map on purpose isn't the same as shooting a grenade out of someone's hand which wasn't there a splitsecond before. When pulling the trigger on the sniper you do so in order to get a kill, whether you expect to hit anything or not doesn't matter. Nobody will go "Oh, that guy is going to throw a grenade in 1.35 seconds so I'm going to shoot it right out of his hand".

heckfu

Banned
Who did Hyper pick?
He chose Nutter so Barrow could get Devo.
No-scoping someone across the map on purpose isn't the same as shooting a grenade out of someone's hand which wasn't there a splitsecond before. When pulling the trigger on the sniper you do so in order to get a kill, whether you expect to hit anything or not doesn't matter. Nobody will go "Oh, that guy is going to throw a grenade in 1.35 seconds so I'm going to shoot it right out of his hand".
I mean it's luck and not skill, I'll agree with you 100% there, but I still think that bullet + grenade, no matter the circumstance, should = an explosion.

I've never shot a grenade out of someone's hand before, but I'm definitely intentionally shoot a grenade coming right at me, saving my life.

It's not programmed randomness, simply a rare event in the physics engine. If there is a explosive projectile, I can shoot it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Everything's updated, Jazzy is in, Slightly Live's not a captain.

Now, I need 2 people to step up and be captain. Anyone?

Hi guys, haven't posted here in a loooong time, but my friends and I are getting online Sunday at 9EST to play some Halo Reach customs for a little bit, and I wanted to play one of my very large maps called "Halofield". It essentially uses about 1/3rd of Forgeworld for a large battlefield style territory capturing gameplay. Its a lot of fun, with focus on vehicles and team coordination.

Anyways, my group of friends don't have enough people to get a large game, so I was hoping to see if anyone from HaloGAF wanted to come play some customs with us tomorrow. Hopefully looking to get about 6 or 7 people!

If you want to play with us tomorrow, PM me with your GT and add TheLintendo on your FL. Be online tomorrow at 9EST and I will send you an invite! Thanks :D
Is your brother Andrew, goes to OSU?

Overdoziz

Banned
I've never shot a grenade out of someone's hand before, but I'm definitely intentionally shoot a grenade coming right at me, saving my life.

It's not programmed randomness, simply a rare event in the physics engine. If there is a explosive projectile, I can shoot it.
I'm sure there are a few moments in which people will intentionally try to hit a grenade but I think it's heavily outweighed by the amount of times where there's no intention at all. Most of the time when people hit a grenade they're busy trying to hit the person who threw it. It's like someone shooting a rocket at a flag pole trying to hit it and killing the person standing close to it. Of the few moments that it happens it just happens unintentionally too often.

It is FEAR 1....which is the only good FEAR game

(Multiplayer is now free on it too)

Yeah thats what got my interest, I LOVED that game, multiplayer on it was fantastic. Single player scared the hell out of me, and was also fantastic.

Would you recommend the second or third one? (Im guessing not based on your post. :p)

Finding a game that is more than simply fun, that provides an interesting, memorable, atmospheric experience -- that is much harder. Those games are the ones that tend to stay close to people's hearts. And making a game like that is a real challenge.
I remember the very first time I landed on Omega. I just walked around and slowly took in everything. Forget Chorra's Den on the Citadel, you knew bad shit went down in this place. Then I walked up the steps to Afterlife, hearing the music getting louder as you get closer and closer, and when I finally got in there (letting some Batarian scumbags know who's boss along the way), it just overwhelmed the senses. The lights, the colors, the music now blaring; I had to stop and just stare. Omega is probably the most interesting, memorable and atmospheric experience I've had in the entire trilogy. I guess Bioware can check that box.

Carry on with your scheduled Halo stuff, inb4MEhaterscomeback.

wwm0nkey

Yeah thats what got my interest, I LOVED that game, multiplayer on it was fantastic. Single player scared the hell out of me, and was also fantastic.

Would you recommend the second or third one? (Im guessing not based on your post. :p)

2 and 3 were pretty massive disappointing coming from the first game. I would say just download FEAR Combat on the PC (the multiplayer)

I'm a Team Captain or something? Okay. I already have King Picollo on my team, does that mean the other team members are assigned without my input?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm up for that. Don't know whether you have to be in Tier 1 though.

Alright, you're a captain. Who would you like to draft? Here's the player list:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-XBt2PtESg5qJpCfRft-0WBcBWtLYuDgNotTFVa5FJ0/edit?pli=1

I'm a Team Captain or something? Okay. I already have King Picollo on my team, does that mean the other team members are assigned without my input?
Yep, the other two people will be placed on your team based on skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom