• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Didn't you like Halo 2 ? Halo 3 is practically the same in game play.
ibeBRkod9gtqro.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm trying, and failing, to understand how you pulled off that second kill.

It's as easy as shooting grenades out of mid-air

Nice lol... I swear I'm going to do a montage some day of all triples.

My headset broke the last game... lost sound out of my right ear - kept playing but had to use ear buds. Feels bad man.

Ughhhh I know that feel bro.

And here's a cross map stick I had today. www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX7GC6KCc7k

daedalius

The Halo 3 custom games I played with Risen and Over the other day were a lot of fun, more fun than I usually have in Reach.

Although, Risen was obviously cheating with all of his callouts vs me and Over, since I didn't know any of them :p

ZBDMR/higher movement speed is the only way to play Reach imo.

Homeboyd

I don't think I've ever gotten so many Rocket kills in one evening.
How's that map coming along? What was the name again?

Edit: I would really like to get back on some halo 3. My mythic disc is scratched unfortunately. :( Has been for about a year and a half now.

How much is it now?

CyReN

My headset broke the last game... lost sound out of my right ear - kept playing but had to use ear buds. Feels bad man.

lol balanced in what way junior? the equipment that was added? the spread on the BR? a useless suite of weapons in the sandbox? maybe you meant the way they added a touch of inertia and changed the aim acceleration?

buy my pc350s

Risen

The Halo 3 custom games I played with Risen and Over the other day were a lot of fun, more fun than I usually have in Reach.

Although, Risen was obviously cheating with all of his callouts vs me and Over, since I didn't know any of them :p

ZBDMR/higher movement speed is the only way to play Reach imo.

TRUTH... and IT'S MIDSHIP... they've been the same since H2!

buy my pc350s

Pay it forward and give me your PC350's... I totally just gave my Senns away a week ago lol.

Overdoziz

Banned
How's that map coming along? What was the name again?
Name is Novus. Played a couple of matches on it today with some GAFfers today. Went pretty well even though the teams weren't exactly balanced. Hydra said the map wasn't too bad in splitscreen when he played it which surprised me because it was absolute shit when I tested an older version in splitscreen. I did notice some framedrops in singlescreen from a certain point in the map and I'll definitely look into that.

This'll definitely be the first map that I'll try to recreate with Halo 4 Lego blocks.

Let's see if anyone can explain this: my friend and I have been playing arena together this season. Since we have only played together, we have played and won the same amount of games. However, I was rated at 30% gold and he at 95% gold.

What the hell is going on here?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any footage of the Promethean Knights using guns? Seems like we've only seen them use melee so far. I've seen shots of them holding guns, but not using them. [Edit : NM, apparently I'm blind and/or delusional.]

Also: I wonder if they'll use grenades. Also also: I wonder how the Knights will work in groups.

Oozer3993

lol balanced in what way junior? the equipment that was added? the spread on the BR? a useless suite of weapons in the sandbox? maybe you meant the way they added a touch of inertia and changed the aim acceleration?

Halo 3 was everything Bungie wanted Halo 2 to be, but wasn't due to a crushed production schedule and unfamiliarity with online gaming on a console. Halo 3 is without question more balanced than Halo 2. Every weapon is usable and has it's role. There is not one weapon that completely dominates the sandbox the way the pistol did in Halo: CE and the Battle Rifle did in Halo 2.

Is there any footage of the Promethean Knights using guns? Seems like we've only seen them use melee so far. I've seen shots of them holding guns, but not using them.

Also: I wonder if they'll use grenades. Also also: I wonder how the Knights will work in groups.

All the footage of them that we have has them firing their weapons...
Also the Spartan Ops footage shows them dropping grenades when dying.

a zoojoo

Banned
Is there any footage of the Promethean Knights using guns? Seems like we've only seen them use melee so far. I've seen shots of them holding guns, but not using them.

wasn't there some in the SpOps trailer?

Halo 3 was everything Bungie wanted Halo 2 to be, but wasn't due to a crushed production schedule and unfamiliarity with online gaming on a console. Halo 3 is without question more balanced than Halo 2. Every weapon is usable and has it's role. There is not one weapon that completely dominates the sandbox the way the pistol did in Halo: CE and the Battle Rifle did in Halo 2.

There are also no game breaking glitches like BXR or Super Bounce.

GhaleonEB

No truer words about us California drivers have been spoken than by Ghaleon's tweets today.

Crazy thing is, it started right after we got across the boarder. We saw the "Welcome to California" sign and had two cars cut us off as greeting. I now hate everyone who owns a car down here.

CyReN

TRUTH... and IT'S MIDSHIP... they've been the same since H2!

Pay it forward and give me your PC350's... I totally just gave my Senns away a week ago lol.

Pay for shipping and they are yours.
If this other guy doesn't get back to me in a few days.

kylej

Banned
Sales are a pretty dumb way of arguing anything.

Halo 3 is garbage MP cause it plays like poop, I would rather just play with poop actually.

Halo Reach is all boss. Dong on kids all day with dat precision DMR..mm get dat BR paintbrush weapon hot garbo netcode 18fps i could draw the game quicker than its processsed snailtrail H3 out of my face.

Slamdunk.

juices is a GOAT.

Ramirez

Shouldn't have let anyone pick players.

Because now teams are going to be sorted by Trueskill methods:

1 great player+ 1 good player+ 2 lower skilled players=4 good players

Letting people pick was your biggest mistake. Obviously a captain is going to pick someone they play with, and if they're both good their team is already ahead of the curb no matter how much you try to offset it with worse players. Shoulda had 4 tiers, drew random names out of a hat or something, one person from each tier, there's your teams. You should have also had a cutoff for number of participants and everyone else interested after that should have been backups, because there will be people who can't make it inevitably.

Just my 2 cents!

As of June 9th 2012 Halo:Reach has sold 9 million units and Halo 3 has sold 11.5 million.

Thats based on stats from VG chartz a banned site on GAF because its been very unreliable in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom