• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Letting people pick was your biggest mistake. Obviously a captain is going to pick someone they play with, and if they're both good their team is already ahead of the curb no matter how much you try to offset it with worse players. Shoulda had 4 tiers, drew random names out of a hat or something, one person from each tier, there's your teams. You should have also had a cutoff for number of participants and everyone else interested after that should have been backups, because there will be people who can't make it inevitably.

Just my 2 cents!

Pretty much.
Then again, hindsight is always 20/20

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Still have yet to get the jackpot this weekend. Thought I had it yesterday because my credits went up a ton, but then the next game they went in reverse.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not sure why you don't just go ahead and do it anyways, not like any games have been played. :p

Nah, it's okay. I can make these teams balanced. It can definitely be done. It'll just be difficult. Besides, this tourney's largely for fun, letting people play with people they know is part of that.

The idea that you are in ANY way in charge of my Franklin clan.
I scoff at the idea of you being leader! You are three letters short of being a true Franklin, how dare you claim to be our leader! However, because your first name does indeed contain a fraction of the Franklin lineage, you may join our ranks as an errand boy and possibly work your way up.
Can you get banned for posting VG Chartz info?
Yep

Who gives a damn about sales? Mcdonalds outsells every single restaurant every single day. Doesn't mean their double cheeseburger is better than my local pub's.

People are morons. Activity, popularity, doesn't mean anything. Explain to me why H3 is a better game than Halo Reach.

Use in-game terms. Fps? Resolution? Map quality? Weapon gameplay? MM?

Here I'll go: H3 had a better ranking system in my opinion. Reach's framerate is better overall, Reach has a higher resolution. I like the DMR's hitscan. The BR played really bad in H3 and always frustrated me because it was random and I didn't like that as a precision and higher skilled player.

If needs be screw fairness ill be leader of team scrub

Who gives a damn about sales? Mcdonalds outsells every single restaurant every single day. Doesn't mean their double cheeseburger is better than my local pub's.

People are morons. Activity, popularity, doesn't mean anything. Explain to me why H3 is a better game than Halo Reach.

Use in-game terms. Fps? Resolution? Map quality? Weapon gameplay? MM?

Here I'll go: H3 had a better ranking system in my opinion. Reach's framerate is better overall, Reach has a higher resolution. I like the DMR's hitscan. The BR played really bad in H3 and always frustrated me because it was random and I didn't like that as a precision and higher skilled player.

To be fair H3 did have better maps (its obviously a personal thing) but the non fw maps in reach < h3 non forge maps

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I'm going to start over from where I was a couple hours ago.

Every team that's on extreme ends of the scale will be balanced first.
I think the problem I had was that I was assigning all of the lower tier players first, and then was left with only mid-upper players early on.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I think I'm going to start over from where I was a couple hours ago.

Every team that's on extreme ends of the scale will be balanced first.
I think the problem I had was that I was assigning all of the lower tier players first, and then was left with only mid-upper players early on.

Shouldn't that be the proper way to do it though?

Striker

Halo 3 was everything Bungie wanted Halo 2 to be, but wasn't due to a crushed production schedule and unfamiliarity with online gaming on a console. Halo 3 is without question more balanced than Halo 2. Every weapon is usable and has it's role. There is not one weapon that completely dominates the sandbox the way the pistol did in Halo: CE and the Battle Rifle did in Halo 2.
Magnum, Spiker, and almost no one picked up the Plasma Rifle and SMG because dual wielding was nerfed from Halo 2. In comparison, the only weapon like that in 2 was the Needler because of its slow moving projectiles.

Overdoziz

Banned
That no longer plays a role in the arena ranking system. It's win/loss, and since my friend and I played the same games, I don't understand how the outcome is different. For example, we were the exact same last season.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
Depends on who you're beating. Beating 1% Onyx people will get you placed in a higher division than beating a team of Juices'.

Edit: Never mind, thought you meant something else.

That no longer plays a role in the arena ranking system. It's win/loss, and since my friend and I played the same games, I don't understand how the outcome is different. For example, we were the exact same last season.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
You literally played together in all of the same matches, and no others, from start to finish? He never quit/dropped?

That is extremely easy to look up.
Please, enlighten me.

Magnum, Spiker, and almost no one picked up the Plasma Rifle and SMG because dual wielding was nerfed from Halo 2. In comparison, the only weapon like that in 2 was the Needler because of its slow moving projectiles.

From my personal experience the Spiker, plasma rifle, and SMG got plenty of use.

Depends on who you're beating. Beating 1% Onyx people will get you placed in a higher division than beating a team of Juices'.

You literally played together in all of the same matches, and no others, from start to finish? He never quit/dropped?
We're playing the same matches. Every game I have played in arena has been with my friend, yet we have somehow been ranked differently. Again, this has never happened in previous seasons.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
What maps do you get framedrops on? I'm really sensitive to framedrops but I can't recall ever seeing any in Halo 3 MP.

And you probably died a lot of with them because they were shit.

Forge could easily be used to get the frames to drop. As would certain heavies map variants. Parking an elephant in the downed dropship on Sandtrap automatically makes the entire game sub 10 FPS for everyone (and a not-so funny way to troll 15 other people at the same time). Brute shot, rockets and vehicles, particularly tanks, would make things chugg easily when they messy together.

I could go on. Halo 3 wasn't perfect. Better than Reach in a lot of areas for sure but not perfect.

Overdoziz

Banned
Forge could easily be used to get the frames to drop. As would certain heavies map variants. Parking an elephant in the downed dropship on Sandtrap automatically makes the entire game sub 10 FPS for everyone (and a not-so funny way to troll 15 other people at the same time). Brute shot, rockets and vehicles, particularly tanks, would make things chugg easily when they messy together.

I could go on. Halo 3 wasn't perfect. Better than Reach in a lot of areas for sure but not perfect.
lol btb

What maps do you get framedrops on? I'm really sensitive to framedrops but I can't recall ever seeing any in Halo 3 MP.

And you probably died a lot of with them because they were shit.

Go load up Foundry. Zoom in on the stairs that have the wire. Do an Ogre Twitch. This is really exaggerated here.

This is an example though that shows the framerates not locked. So depending on what is happening you're going to get a different framerate and a different visual response to your input depending on whats going on.

Thats bad. But really I just mean overall, the games framerate is lower, and the game plays slower than Reach. At least IMO.

Another example is looking across middle avalanche and shooting at people, if a regen and a nade goes off you'll start to see some visual discrepancies because its too much for the engine.

kylej

Banned
Never had a problem getting kills with them, neither did any one else that I got matched up with in Matchmaking.

Walshy.jpg

Maybe you should learn how to use weapons instead of using them in the wrong way and giving up on them. Those 3 weapons dual wielded with any of the other 2 or with themselves(except Plasma Rifle) will kill in about a second in close range. But of course people in here can even figure out how to use the Assault Rifle properly and only know how to use the BR.

Aggrotek

Maybe you should learn how to use weapons instead of using them in the wrong way and giving up on them. Those 3 weapons dual wielded with any of the other 2 or with themselves(except Plasma Rifle) will kill in about a second in close range. But of course people in here can even figure out how to use the Assault Rifle properly and only know how to use the BR.

Can I have a prescription to what you are on plz?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Yesssssssss Yessssssssssssssssss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom