• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

Okay, based on stats alone, here's what I think. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, just trying to trueskill it up.

Devo: High Tier 1
Me: Mid Tier 3
TCKaos: Bottom Tier 5
Shadders: Bottom Tier 6

I dunno, looks a little underpowered to me. Based on Tier placement alone, the old team actually seemed pretty balanced to me (1+3+3+6), but perhaps I have bias. I've played with Devo and Tawpgun quite a bit so I think we could probably work well together.

I'm probably better than my stats suggest, I've had archaic internet so there's times where I've gone into Grifball and gone double negative because of lag. Hopefully that won't be a problem in the tourney. Also I play with a couple of very good players (H3 50s) which means I get truskilled up with people better than me - not saying I can carry the team or anything, but I'm not a total spaz. :D

I'm in the UK though so I don't know how easily that'll marry up with you for practice sessions, I can play between 8pm and 2am BST, which I think is 3pm-9pm EDT.

789shadow

Banned
789shadow+OdysseusVA+The Real Napsta+ImperialInPeril

Alright, let's go Team Weak to Bullets.

We'll sweep this tourney.

As long as no one has bullets.

Karl2177

I have monkey on my FL, but I've played like 2 games with him. Whereas I've played loads of games with sighkoon.

But it's not like that matters anyways, we have too much eslim.

a zoojoo

Banned
I'm on Plywood and Cyrens Team? I'm out.
just kidding lol
Stats on Team Lemon
i made it you like?
:

Plywood (Xenolock): Tier 1: BPR-100 K/D=2.13 WP=84%
CyReN (CyReN CE): Tier 2: BPR=68 K/D=1.21 WP=60%/MLG
Wahrer Machine: Tier 6: BPR=45 K/D=.96 WP%=49%/BTB
a zoojoo (THEZoosJoos): Tier 6: BPR=34 K/D=.74 WP=44%/Swat

2 Tier 6's seems a little out of balence, i know that this is all tentative but we'll see.
I actually play better than what my stats suggest, i used to be really bad at reach for a long time, but now, i'm much better.

EDIT: I'm suggesting a system where you add up your teams numbers, and the higher you are, you may be worse. My teams is 15 (1+2+6+6). It's like golf.

2nd Edit: I just deleted a bunch of my
inactive
friends so i could fit in GAF. I'm looking at you Plywood.

TheOddOne

a zoojoo (THEZoosJoos): Tier 6: BPR=34 K/D=.74 WP=44%/Swat
what-the-fuck-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-74.gif

idk, it him saying people were elitist for thinking the BR is better to use. Maybe I'm misunderstanding him.

If you just find using close range weapons more fun, then whatever. That's fine. But if you find the effective in the grand scheme of things, I think you're talking out your ass or playing with very easy players.

You were misunderstanding me. Read my posts again. All I said is that in their proper role they are useful, I never once said that the BR was worse. I even said to go out into open areas with a short range weapon is stupid! I use the BR/DMR when I am in open areas. Why is it that nobody seems to understand what the hell I'm saying? Instead they take it upon themselves to dig up my stats and mock my playing ability.
I called you an elitist because you made a really douchey comment directly to me about my playing skill.
Now can we just put this behind us.

a zoojoo

Banned
You were misunderstanding me. Read my posts again. All I said is that in their proper role they are useful, I never once said that the BR was worse. I even said to go out into open areas with a short range weapon is stupid! I use the BR/DMR when I am in open areas. Why is it that nobody seems to understand what the hell I'm saying? Instead they take it upon themselves to dig up my stats and mock my playing ability.

Welcome to Reach HaloGAF.

Falagard

Trey+HiredN00bs+Falagard+Pnut

Alright boys. Let's show them how to do it.

Please help me not die

Trey, what's your Gamertag?

daedalius

Reach mlg settings are amazing. Although I don't think id mind slightly slower run speed + Sprint and zero bloom... and stopping power.

I still really hate bloom.

Striker

The SMG, Spiker, and Plasma Rifle were solid weapons in Halo 3 and the Magnum had it's place. Their usage rates only went down because of the deemphasizing of dual wielding in Halo 3. Dual wieldable weapons were useless in Halo 2 when not dual wielding (all-but-broken Plasma Pistol exempted). They weren't used because they were good weapons, they were used because the sandbox essentially forced you to match up your starting SMG with something because it was near useless on its own. Trying to balance weapons while also accommodating dual wielding was so difficult, that dual wielding has been dropped from every Halo game since 3. And this is without even touching on how badly balanced the Battle Rifle turned out to be in Halo 2.
So you are in the field of thinking Bungie improved the starting weapon slot by bringing back the AR? That was such a formidable starting weapon over what you began with in Halo 2? I felt, at least with a SMG in dual wielding, I had a chance once I was able to pick up a PR or Magnum in smaller case maps (which worked fine because they were everywhere; whereas H3 you had single spikers everywhere for... what purpose?). Anyways, my chance for survival is no greater or different than if I were holding an Assault Rifle. I have seen no difference between the single SMG and an AR other than Bungie beefing up the melee damage and making the infamous AR rush melee a new identity to the Halo triangle.

broony

Latest HaloGaf podcast was cool.

Would have liked to hear more about Spartan Ops though, didn't cover enough of what it's like to fight the Prometheans, what the A.I. is like, what interesting situations they got into. It's the first new enemy class in ten years, it's what I'm personally most interested in.

Will keep listening. Good job people.

JonCha+VivaciousJazzy+Recarpo+dangerbyrnes

Hm, cant say I have played with any of these guys... i think.

so, no idea if this is a great team or not.

EDIT: Tier 1, Tier 2, and 2 Tier 4's... hmmmm

Oh and, Great Halo 3 games last night. sorry i had to leave so abruptly, had important stuff to do.

a zoojoo

Banned
JonCha+VivaciousJazzy+Recarpo+dangerbyrnes

Hm, cant say I have played with any of these guys... i think.

so, no idea if this is a great team or not.

Oh and, Great Halo 3 games last night. sorry i had to leave so abruptly, had important stuff to do.

I left because i wanted to sleep. :p

daedalius

High base movement speed is just fine. Sprint only makes people run away. Really wondering how much shooting someone will slow them down in Halo 4.

Yea, it really encourages running in reach; and its easy to run with all that bloom.

Looks like there is quite a bit of stutter when you get shot from the mlg vids.

I hope its a balanced amount. I want sprint to still be effective but not a pokemon red escape rope

It looks slower than reach, but still speeds you up a decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom