• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

That's no fault of yours, by the way. It's actually still the fault of Trueskill, albeit indirectly. In Halo 3 people had a number next to their names that they cared about. They didn't want to lose their number. They had mics. They talked. They called out.
I would imagine, without looking them up, most here played mostly Social in Halo 3 than Ranked. Part in why is because of party restrictions, rank split (hence part of the failure of Ranked BTB and TO), and with those reasons it took longer to find games. You mostly found players in Team Slayer, Social Slayer, and Social Big Team from my experience, so I can't necessarily agree with your sentiments about this notion how players were always drawn in the ranked playlists and were serious, competitive players in them. Even so, once a player got his 50 anyways, it didn't matter what happened after because it locked your ranking in, which is completely stupid.

aDDiKt24

Banned
1S2fA.jpg

He may come off as pissy, but it's for good reason. I agree with pretty much everything he says and it's sad that what he says will fall upon deaf ears with regard to developers.

It's weird to have so many people with clear solutions to so many if not all of the problems with halo and yet every new halo game is done with an i'm-the-developer-and-i-know-what's-best prerogative.

FyreWulff

Also, random tangent. For those looking for a good reason for why a developer would block another one in a contract like Destiny's:

Mark Rein said:
"Our biggest competition in the engine business isn't somebody else that makes middleware, it's people who make their own," Rein said, getting back to my question. "Most games are still made with their own technology. A lot of people still have their own stuff, our goal with UE4 is to prove to them that it's time [to switch]."

Louis Wu

So is Halo4News.org some site that rides on potential advertising? Their site is covered in it.
rofl - wtf?
SFGate said:
Halo4news.org, the leading web resource for the latest news on the Halo 4 game, explained that the games’ developer 343 Industries had confirmed the news earlier this week.
I've never even HEARD of them before - 'leading web resource'? Looks like a self-serving submission by their 'Chief Editor', Dan Lim.

I know Im old Wu but calling us dino.... :p
No, no, no - you guys are saving MY ass! I'm the dino. You're the conservation corps. ;)

Overdoziz

Banned
http://www.halo4news.org/news/halo-4-the-best-halo-ever-made/

Halo 4 the Best Halo Ever Made?

The game lovers who have played Halo 3 think the game was great and it cannot be any better. Such gamers have to reconcile their thinking as Halo 4 is on its way. The Halo series fans have thought nothing can be better, but it seems they are about to be proven wrong. According to sources,Halo 4 is just astonishing.

Halo series is popularly known as Reclamier Trilogy. Bungie has built-up all the early games of halo series. But the newest addition to this series i.e. Halo 4, have been built up by 343 Industries. The Game is the sequel of Halo 3 and has in its script the return of Master Chief who is main protagonist in the game. The story of Halo 4 is not much linked with the earlier halo series games. It traditionally focuses on first person shooter game and there is not much exploration, mystery and discovery. The entire campaign would be located on a fake prototype planet, called Requiem. It is, in fact, the slower Halo comparatively to other Halo series games but it is still the best Halo ever made.

The Halo series usually focuses on the making the games for Xbox. Halo 4 comes with the same class. It is most awaited game of all time. The date of the release is expected to be November 6th, 2012 and the trailer is already out making the fans more passionate for the game.

:lol

kylej

Banned
High school kids trying to get free shit from Microsoft by posting a dumb catch-all news site that slurps the devs and product. Happens around every game.

Karl2177

Fuck. That's some damn good logic.

The date of the release is expected to be November 6th, 2012 and the trailer is already out making the fans more passionate for the game.

Usually when trailers come out, people get excited...

kylej

Banned
Note to self: you are not in school any more. Playing Halo 'til 1 am will only lead to regret.

I used to play until 4am and be up for class by 8. No longer, my friends. No longer.

No matter how much you do in-game to try and help your teammates, it will fall short. The main component of teamwork is communication. Has been, always will be.

That's no fault of yours, by the way. It's actually still the fault of Trueskill, albeit indirectly. In Halo 3 people had a number next to their names that they cared about. They didn't want to lose their number. They had mics. They talked. They called out.

But in Reach, with no number, the reasons to talk faded away. People stopped caring. People stopped trying, except for the few with a full party, or the people, like you, who go in to still try and salvage what it used to be like to play Halo.

Unfortunately, that's not enough anymore.

I agree. this is me. I still find it hard to go all out in playing now. Just getting reps in for this tournament.

Shadders

So is Halo4News.org some site that rides on potential advertising? Their site is covered in it.

I'm pretty jelly that Halo4news.org got that coverage from the San Fran Chronicle, the site doesn't even have a lot of Halo 4 news..

"Halo4news.org is a leading online media source dedicated to providing all the latest news and updates for the upcoming Xbox 360 game, Halo 4."

FUD, my site, HaloDestiny, HBO.. even Game Informer all have better coverage. :/

I'm pretty jelly that Halo4news.org got that coverage from the San Fran Chronicle, the site doesn't even have a lot of Halo 4 news..

"Halo4news.org is a leading online media source dedicated to providing all the latest news and updates for the upcoming Xbox 360 game, Halo 4."

FUD, my site, HaloDestiny, HBO.. even Game Informer all have better coverage. :/
Lol don't worry man, I'm pretty sure a 9 years old kid wrote that thing.

senador

Banned
Last page has some super awesome pics on it. Lol

Here's our potential team logos Team Got My Pro Socks on:

Consider it brought!

Epqem.jpg

It's amazing how hard it is to do "Bad clip art" art without accidentally making it good.

Edit: Also, there's a MLP Cortana floating around out there, available incorporation upon request for additional shock value.

i6EYHanR10lhX.png

ask, and you shall recieve.
when im in the mood

Too great.

Again, anyone know who Longuini is? Fracas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom