• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt it was an overall solid game. I thought the ending mirrored 2's a little too much, but the game definitely does cinematic gameplay better than any other franchise. I really hate the PS3 controller for shooters though. :|
That's about how I feel. 2 is definitely the better game while 3 is still very good.

Worse if you're in a falcon. INSTA-SPLASER!

Tell me if I'm right Wahrer:
You're so fucking good at Halo. Team Warwood is going to wreck your shit.

Fixed. The first bit is a joke from earlier in the thread where people were complaining about the HEADSHOT +10 text and all that, and someone said the space monks should chant "YOU'RE SO FUCKING GOOD AT HALO" every time you get a kill. Since it can actually be lined up with the choir riffs, I figured I'd just put it in. Microsoft Sam is your instrument because of chief in your avatar and I figured I might as well use that. Mine are those silly Mario Paint meows and CyReN's is, well... a siren. :lol

a zoojoo

Banned
Fixed. The first bit is a joke from earlier in the thread where people were complaining about the HEADSHOT +10 text and all that, and someone said the space monks should chant "YOU'RE SO FUCKING GOOD AT HALO" every time you get a kill. Since it can actually be lined up with the choir riffs, I figured I'd just put it in. Microsoft Sam is your instrument because of chief in your avatar and I figured I might as well use that. Mine are those silly Mario Paint meows and CyReN's is, well... a siren. :lol

You should be Chief Dong-Blain Executive Legit-Pro MLG Poop-Socker Composer Of Epic Tunes and Music and Related Shit at 314 Industries.
BTW, i sent you a friend request. Accept it or DIE.

TheOddOne

I felt it was an overall solid game. I thought the ending mirrored 2's a little too much, but the game definitely does cinematic gameplay better than any other franchise. I really hate the PS3 controller for shooters though. :|
Drake is way too slippery in that game, felt like I lost control over him most of the time.

Fuchsdh

Drake is way too slippery in that game, felt like I lost control over him most of the time.

Oh, are we complaining about Uncharted? :)

2 is the only one in the series I've played, but I got really annoyed when I was stuck in certain areas when the game suddenly decided "oh, right, there's supposed to be Indiana Jones puzzle stuff in here, right?". And I died far too frequently because the only way to know whether you're going the right way is sometimes just to jump and see (queue the desaturated effect and Qawwali voice. Every. Time.)

And then you get to the end where the Evil Eastern European asks us how many people we've killed, and I can look in my stats and see I've personally gunned down probably more guys than this warlord has.

I definitely see where it gets its accolades as a solid platform-shooter, but the story is far worse than most action films it gets compared to.

I definitely see where it gets its accolades as a solid platform-shooter, but the story is far worse than most action films it gets compared to.
I don't even see it as a solid platform-shooter. The platforming is practically automated, and the shooting is average IMO. It's a pretty game, but not a very engaging one.

Trey

2 is the only one in the series I've played, but I got really annoyed when I was stuck in certain areas when the game suddenly decided "oh, right, there's supposed to be Indiana Jones puzzle stuff in here, right?". And I died far too frequently because the only way to know whether you're going the right way is sometimes just to jump and see (queue the desaturated effect and Qawwali voice. Every. Time.)

And then you get to the end where the Evil Eastern European asks us how many people we've killed, and I can look in my stats and see I've personally gunned down probably more guys than this warlord has.

Uncharted has good production values though. Industry leading. I'd watch someone play it. A speedrun with all the cutscenes played out.

Wait, it gets accolades of any sort for its gameplay? Well I'll be fucked.

edit: oh man, thank you Ricken. I was worried for a second.

Uncharted has good production values though. Industry leading. I'd watch someone play it. A speedrun with all the cutscenes played out.

Some guy on youtube recorded his entire playthrough of the series edited out the more "game filler" parts so its just cutscene and cinematic gameplay.

All in HD.

I have not played the second 2, iv tried multiple times to play the first but its just BAD. The 3 characters from the beginner seem pretty annoying and the gameplay was a horrible mix of simple platforming and stand shoot at 25 of "ethnic race 12" to progress. Gunplay was terrible as well too flimsy felt weightless.

Unless its improved in the sequels the story just does not seem good enough to carry that gameplay.

Edit: Anyone buy the BF3 Season pass thing? Is the DLC worth does it add a new element to the gameplay it or is it just more of the same battlefield stuff

TheOddOne

I rarely felt that way in the second game. The structure just flowed well and held your hands at the right moments. Never did I get that far where I was frustrated with the game.

The story, characters and set pieces were just breathtaking and fresh in Uncharted 2. Some sections were to some extent unorthodox to see in a game that is labeled “a summer blockbuster”, i.e. The Mayan Village still sticks out as one of the more great downtime sections. The interaction between the characters is bar none one of the best compared to other game in any genre. I could go on and on praising this game, but you get the point.

Uncharted 3 on the other hand just has huge glaring problems: the pacing is off, the characters just are too grounded and (for me) the controls just feel off. While Uncharted games are scripted, that aspect never really hindered much of the game for me. However, with all the problems I with the game *and* the linearity – it is a chore to play and is a sub-par game to be honest. Still have to give props to the production quality though, still one of the best.

I have not played the second 2, iv tried multiple times to play the first but its just BAD. The 3 characters from the beginner seem pretty annoying and the gameplay was a horrible mix of simple platforming and stand shoot at 25 of "ethnic race 12" to progress. Gunplay was terrible as well too flimsy felt weightless.
IMO get Uncharted 2, one of the best games of this generation.

First pass logo for The Wolfpack.
I'll try to give this one a grittier, more Reach-esque tone so it'll look less cartoony and more like this...
jJjgEty4BJycI.jpg

Edit: Anyone buy the BF3 Season pass thing? Is the DLC worth does it add a new element to the gameplay it or is it just more of the same battlefield stuff

You mean Premium?

Worth it for me because I'll save money on all the expansions I'll buy anyways (and get them 2 weeks early). You also get some other goodies like exclusive dog tags, weapon skins, extra assignments, and dlb xp weekends.

Close Quarters is definitely different than the base game. 16 player infantry maps, they support TDM, SQTDM, Conquest Domination (basically COD's Domination for BF), and Gun Match (Gun game from Counter Strike, COD Blops and others). I was shocked at how fun the expansion is. It's like if COD was still good. Some of the new weapons (10 new ones) after amazing (DAT SPAS-12).

If the rest of the expansions add "new elements to gameplay" remains to be seen. The next one drops in September, and is focused on huge maps and vehicle play. It will feature the largest map ever in a BF game, and an AC-130 gunship. The last two expansions will come out in December and next March. The one in December has all it's maps set in the aftermath of destroyed cities, but other than that nothing is known about those two expansions.

If for some reason you don't have the limited edition of the game, and thus didn't get the Back to Karkand for free, you also get access to that expansion.

Edit: and yes, as zoojoo mentioned, if you have a 20GB hard drive, you are going to run into some series space issues, and quickly.

I think what's odd about grifball is that it's rife with the type of player that goes "oh man it'll be so cool if we all change our emblems and colors to the same thing!!! SW33T CLAN DOOD!"

Fascinating.

Fuchsdh

I think what's odd about grifball is that it's rife with the type of player that goes "oh man it'll be so cool if we all change our emblems and colors to the same thing!!! SW33T CLAN DOOD!"

Fascinating.

It's interesting because it's a gametype that definitely benefits from teamwork and planning. On the other hand, it's Grifball. I just go in there to crack skulls. Who wants to spend time overthinking and planning that?

It's interesting because it's a gametype that definitely benefits from teamwork and planning. On the other hand, it's Grifball. I just go in there to crack skulls. Who wants to spend time overthinking and planning that?

I mean, it's just that in my experience that type of player (and his buddies) are the type that you see matched up against you in the lobby, laugh with your friends, and hold off on the last cap so you can all go at least +30 on them.

You mean Premium?

Worth it for me because I'll save money on all the expansions I'll buy anyways (and get them 2 weeks early). You also get some other goodies like exclusive dog tags, weapon skins, extra assignments, and dlb xp weekends.

Close Quarters is definitely different than the base game. 16 player infantry maps, they support TDM, SQTDM, Conquest Domination (basically COD's Domination for BF), and Gun Match (Gun game from Counter Strike, COD Blops and others). I was shocked at how fun the expansion is. It's like if COD was still good. Some of the new weapons (10 new ones) after amazing (DAT SPAS-12).

If the rest of the expansions add "new elements to gameplay" remains to be seen. The next one drops in September, and is focused on huge maps and vehicle play. It will feature the largest map ever in a BF game, and an AC-130 gunship. The last two expansions will come out in December and next March. The one in December has all it's maps set in the aftermath of destroyed cities, but other than that nothing is known about those two expansions.

If for some reason you don't have the limited edition of the game, and thus didn't get the Back to Karkand for free, you also get access to that expansion.

Edit: and yes, as zoojoo mentioned, if you have a 20GB hard drive, you are going to run into some series space issues, and quickly.

the expansion is good? was skeptical on getting it. got fed up with all the 1gb patches and just stopped playing

Sweet, the final season of my Forza Mototorsport 4 career just put me over 103,000 gamerscore. I wonder if I can get to the 116k range by the time Halo 4 launches, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom