• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wehkamp has had problems with not delivering pre-ordered on the day of release. Avoid that shop at all cost, it is one of the worst rated shops around.
Doesn't seem like they accept non-NL orders anyway.

Costs like €30 more to get it off Amazon/Shopto/Gamestop though.
Still bummed by the lack of Behind the Scenes Documentary in the Limited Edition. Feel like I'm getting it for the nice box more than anything.

CyReN

Ronaldo's sweet sweet tears.

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Team downer out in full force this afternoon I see.

You guys are just too lazy and non progressive to implement them.

Lazy? You sure? I think there were other reasons for not doing it. I don't think the entire staff is sitting around doing nothing right now, so lazy doesn't describe it.

Also, re: Futbol Gaf, nice shootout there.

Perish the thought, they added a whole new dimension to battles now that you could have another thing to instantly kill with or make you practically invincible. Think of all the nuanced possibilities within that binary interaction!

But really I guess it's good that they at least chopped Flare and Radar Jammer due to exploits-- because with Halo 3's FOV you really didn't need to be flash blinded in order to feel clumsy and disoriented. I agree with what was previously stated that Deployable Cover should've replaced Bubble Shield altogether in multi if equipment was necessary. I suppose there is an argument to be made about them being item pickups and therefore map control, but at least in regards to weapons I can personally control an optimal space to engage battles in, while equipment always seemed to disregard everything in an engagement.

Well surely 343 could of come up with a better slogan if 'Ancient' or 'Evil' didn't ring true.

Anyway, I'm kind of on the same track as Daedalius. If the Didact is present in Halo 4 he has an agenda to stop the Ancient Evil and if MC and Cortana have the same agenda then he won't be an adversary, maybe not a ally though. Something along the lines of grudgingly tolerating MC and Cortana because they essentially have the same goal. Perhaps the Covenant, if they are still on the religious campaign, will see the Ancient Evil as they did the Halo rings, something of worship.

I've probably got got this all wrong.

Also dat Halo ring and dat war torn planet shown in the H4 menu. Charum Hakkor?

We could get something along the lines of a God of War-styled (yes, I know what that kind of descriptor carries) betrayal where Didact had Chief help defeat the ancient evil just so that Chief was the only real "threat" left, allowing him to try and kill humanity's best soldier so that he can finally get revenge for losing the war and then try and reunite with the Librarian or something like that. At the very least, I would love to see some interaction between the Didact and Librarian in-game and have the Librarian be Didact's Cortana or something poignant like that.

Ramirez

Also, remember when you banned me from Bungie because my huge thread about balance was getting too much credence from forum goers? Good times.

Legit lol at this. Do you honestly believe they banned you because you had a bunch of Bnet kids backing your argument? Good lord.

Lazy? You sure? I think there were other reasons for not doing it. I don't think the entire staff is sitting around doing nothing right now, so lazy doesn't describe it.

Thats acute laziness. I'm talking in the grand scheme of things. Nothing about the game is really an improvement. Its just an updated engine with mild change to the weaponset and modifiers...

Wheres the grand new forge? theater? what new options will we have? what changes will be done to MM? What technical improvements do we have? Not enough IMO.

Its just another "Halo" they know the name will sell so they don't care for any innovation. Oh wait Infinity Slayer will change Halo forever lol.

Legit lol at this. Do you honestly believe they banned you because you had a bunch of Bnet kids backing your argument? Good lord.

Its a possibility I was banned by Shishka for posting a what MM needs update that had a lot of heated debate. When humans are givin mod it happens. They let emotions get in the way of the actual technical rules of a forum. Theres no ultimate mod looking through all the bannings and slapping the mods on the wrist when they find an undeserved ban. I mean really? You're posting on NeoGAF I've seen tons of unwarranted bans here. People read words or are misconstrued, general populace jumps on them, mob mentality = ban. Happens quite a bit.

Thats acute laziness. I'm talking in the grand scheme of things. Nothing about the game is really an improvement. Its just an updated engine with mild change to the weaponset and modifiers...

Wheres the grand new forge? theater? what new options will we have? what changes will be done to MM? What technical improvements do we have? Not enough IMO.

Its just another "Halo" they know the name will sell so they don't care for any innovation. Oh wait Infinity Slayer will change Halo forever lol.

Spartan Ops...?

I don't think the Ancient Evil is the Didact. If the Didact is in Halo 4 my thinking is that he will be neutral to MC and Cortana's presence. I think the Ancient Evil is something else entirely.
We do not know nothing about the Didact. First ONI is eagerly researching the Didact. They discovered a difference of his personality. Primordium Spoiler:
ONI researcher comments about a different Didact than Halo 3's Terminals. I personally do not think that they are two Didacts and 3's terminals play definitely after the mutation of Bornstellar to Didact.

Then we have the E3 reveal. The new enemy is the Prometheans. A Forerunner "defense force" of Requiem. So the Ancient Enemy has to be Forerunner in my opinion. It can be a new AI. Medicant Bias regretted to betray the Forerunners and to help the Gravemind. He will not be my guessed AI.

Then we have the tagline at the end of Halo 4's unveil. The Didact symbol is shown. Which definitely needs to the thoughts that he is going to be the enemy. Maybe 343i's marketing is misleading which I do not believe. The signs are clearly pointing to the Didact.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

It's absolutely true. Bungie can't have a bunch of people fighting against the machine. Gotta take out the leader of the rebels. I respect bigshow for having an opinion and expressing it in any way he wants.

Ramirez

Its a possibility I was banned by Shishka for posting a what MM needs update that had a lot of heated debate. When humans are givin mod it happens. They let emotions get in the way of the actual technical rules of a forum. Theres no ultimate mod looking through all the bannings and slapping the mods on the wrist when they find an undeserved ban. I mean really? You're posting on NeoGAF I've seen tons of unwarranted bans here. People read words or are misconstrued, general populace jumps on them, mob mentality = ban. Happens quite a bit.

You're not exactly known for your way with words in a polite manner when it comes to things Halo needs to change. Especially when it came to Shishka (but hey, weren't we all?). I think most of the time we forget these are real people on the other end of our long winded verbal bashing.

It's absolutely true. Bungie can't have a bunch of people fighting against the machine. Gotta take out the leader of the rebels. I respect bigshow for having an opinion and expressing it in any way he wants.

Not sure if serious.

BigShow36

I wish I still had a link to the thread so you all could read it and decide for yourself. Like I said though, I really don't care, not like I'm mad about something silly like that.

daedalius

Then we have the tagline at the end of Halo 4's unveil. The Didact symbol is shown. Which definitely needs to the thoughts that he is going to be the enemy. Maybe 343i's marketing is misleading which I do not believe. The signs are clearly pointing to the Didact.

Ever heard of a red herring? ;)

They haven't even shown forge, theater, etc. yet and you've already thrown them under the bus, lets at least wait and see before we declare the game a cash in.

Yea I was talking about Spartan Ops though lol. Thats like stolen directly from CoD's Spec Ops. They hardly changes the name.

Plus its just a meshing of FF and Campaign anyways. Shorter than campaign episodic firefights. Which I'm sure wont be the least bit interesting.

They haven't shown off theater and forge because I doubt theres much improvement. I'd love to be proven wrong. I've been waiting to be proven wrong when I laughed at framerate, or spectator mode, or the list of other things confirmed not in H4 so far. I've forgotten the whole list but theres a few checks we've crossed off so far.

Terrible art incoming.

:lol perfect. I might have to add on the blue spartan chillaxing in the
massage chair
gunner's seat. I like to think that they sort of just cruise everywhere giving promethean knights free samples of the donut wheels and giving grunts bling with their Spartan Points.

daedalius

Yea I was talking about Spartan Ops though lol. Thats like stolen directly from CoD's Spec Ops. They hardly changes the name.

Plus its just a meshing of FF and Campaign anyways. Shorter than campaign episodic firefights. Which I'm sure wont be the least bit interesting.

They haven't shown off theater and forge because I doubt theres much improvement. I'd love to be proven wrong. I've been waiting to be proven wrong when I laughed at framerate, or spectator mode, or the list of other things confirmed not in H4 so far. I've forgotten the whole list but theres a few checks we've crossed off so far.

Oh, you're sure huh?

Pack it up people, Juices knows what the ladies (and everyone else) like.

You read all those Halo books too, right? Know the contents of the terminals? Know the designations of the weapons? Know how Cortana/other Smart AI's are created? Nothing in the Spartan Ops will be interesting to people who care about the fiction at all, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom