• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pansy:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo: Combat Evolved Game of the Year Edition
Halo 2
Halo 2: Limited Collectors Edition
Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack
Halo 3 Limited Edition
Halo 3 Legendary Edition
Halo Wars Limited Edition
Halo 3 ODST
Halo: Reach Legendary Edition
Halo: Reach Microsoft New Disc Format
Halo: PC

I already have a Limited Edition of Halo 4 preordered. I just need Halo 2 Vista.
No Halo Custom Edition? Pfft, noob.

TheOddOne

What the hell just happened tonight?
At first:

iOVZLYUAxYFET.gif

Then:

ibhMHqwDL60pvU.gif

Dax and Plywoods first date.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's coo, I'm done.

Team Slayer hovering around 3000, Super Slayer hovering around 250. I can hardly get any good matches in any of the TU playlists. This fragmentation blows.

bu bu but everyone gets to play exactly what they like :(

I think that's one of the most offensive things about Reach's fragmentation. Sometimes you don't even get to play what you want to play, even with 20 something playlists.

"Hmm, think I'll go into BTB, I love some crazy 8v8 action"
BTB Snipers on Hemorrhage [16 votes]
"Fuck"

Consolidate playlists to around 12-15 (still probably too many), then add matchmaking filters (ie, I don't want to ever play Sword Base, but Powerhouse is my favorite map. Match me up with people who share my tastes).

Bam, matchmaking fixed.

bu bu but everyone gets to play exactly what they like :(

I think that's one of the most offensive things about Reach's fragmentation. Sometimes you don't even get to play what you want to play, even with 20 something playlists.

"Hmm, think I'll go into BTB, I love some crazy 8v8 action"
BTB Snipers on Hemorrhage [16 votes]
"Fuck"

Consolidate playlists to around 12-15 (still probably too many), then add matchmaking filters (ie, I don't want to ever play Sword Base, but Powerhouse is my favorite map. Match me up with people who share my tastes).

Bam, matchmaking fixed.
Well my problem tonight was that the player population just isn't high enough in the playlists I want to play so I'm getting matched up with fat kid Inheritor parties. Ya I'll pass on the spanking, thanks. If I hopped into Team Slayer I'll bet you that I'll get more even matches, but I can't stand Vanilla Reach. So what am I to do? I play some Rumble Pit, get bored, and turn off my Xbox. Reach simply doesn't have the population to support this many playlists and this fragmentation while providing good player matching for everyone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well my problem tonight was that the player population just isn't high enough in the playlists I want to play so I'm getting matched up with fat kid Inheritor parties. Ya I'll pass on the spanking, thanks. If I hopped into Team Slayer I'll bet you that I'll get more even matches, but I can't stand Vanilla Reach. So what am I to do? I play some Rumble Pit, get bored, and turn off my Xbox. Reach simply doesn't have the population to support this many playlists and this fragmentation while providing good player matching for everyone.

Yep, playing Reach either very early or very late is terrible. Come on, just consolidate already.

Haha and yeah, beating up on BKs in Team Slayer isn't worth the awfulness that is vanilla Reach. Outside of the occasional game of Invasion, I really don't see how I put so much time into it pre-TU.

I see lots of Devo hate on GAF. Shit sucks. Okay she has controversial opinions but the majority of time they come from a place of logic and are sound arguments.

Anyway. When is this tourny starting if possible try not to to schedule a game for July 2nd because its my birthday. Ill play if its absolutely needed but yea.

Also birthdays suck. I have 0 Hype and feel like im getting nothing from anyone.

heckfu

Banned
I see lots of Devo hate on GAF. Shit sucks. Okay she has controversial opinions but the majority of time they come from a place of logic and are sound arguments.

Anyway. When is this tourny starting if possible try to to schedule a game for July 2nd because its my birthday. Ill play if its absolutely needed but yea.

Also birthdays suck. I have 0 Hype and feel like im getting nothing from anyone.

Birthdays are the most stupid invention on the planet. Congrats, you made it another year! Here are presents!

So with that attitude (the correct one) if you go in expecting nothing, literally everything is a wonderful surprise.

Birthdays are the most stupid invention on the planet. Congrats, you made it another year! Here are presents!

So with that attitude (the correct one) if you go in expecting nothing, literally everything is a wonderful surprise.

So your wishes to Jessica were empty of meaning. I wonder how'd she'd feel about that.

heckfu

Banned
So your wishes to Jessica were empty of meaning. I wonder how'd she'd feel about that.

No, I celebrate other's birthdays because it means a lot to them. That's what it's all about but it doesn't really make a difference to me if I have a party or not; I think I just got conditioned to not ever doing anything since mine falls on the first testing block of the semester every year for the past 10 years, but now that I'm used to it I wonder if I would even care if I did do something now that I have the time.

Anyway. When is this tourny starting if possible try not to to schedule a game for July 2nd because its my birthday. Ill play if its absolutely needed but yea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oj2UTpFm9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=451s

Truth. Remember a few weeks back that Frankie said Halo 3 was going to be consolidated or at least updated and I assume he meant that for Reach too. It's been a while since the playlists had a really good shakeup and God knows it needs one.

Is Edge the 'good' Halo magazine? (I think Ghaleon is the one who says Edge is one of the few places he will read Halo reviews).

I have never read an Edge before.

Yes. It is exciting news!

FyreWulff

So guys...is it worth it to buy the Defiant mappack & the anniversary mappack?

If you have to choose one, Anniversary, mostly because you'll be able to reliably play on those. Playing on a Defiant map that isn't Unearthed is like winning thte lottery while being struck by lightning. I can't even remember the last time I played Highlands in matchmaking.

edit: since the map filter isn't working on Waypoint, Bungie.net says the last time I played Highlands was February 24th :lol

edit2: and January 20th for Condemned.

So guys...is it worth it to buy the Defiant mappack & the anniversary mappack?

I can only recommend Noble or Defiant if you prefer 100% bloom and uncounterable Armour Lock or can at least tolerate it. Do you play a lot of Team Slayer? Don't mind it? Then you have a playlist in Squad DLC which offers you a chance to definitely play those maps you paid for every single time. The rest of us?.... not so lucky.

MMaRsu

If you have to choose one, Anniversary, mostly because you'll be able to reliably play on those. Playing on a Defiant map that isn't Unearthed is like winning thte lottery while being struck by lightning. I can't even remember the last time I played Highlands in matchmaking.

edit: since the map filter isn't working on Waypoint, Bungie.net says the last time I played Highlands was February 24th :lol

edit2: and January 20th for Condemned.

Lol so fucking ridiculous. What's the point of having mappacks if users never get to play them? Are the anniversary maps worth it then? I mean one of the main reasons I stopped playing this game so much is because only a few of the core maps were really great and the forge maps suck.

I can only recommend Noble or Defiant if you prefer 100% bloom and uncounterable Armour Lock or can at least tolerate it. Do you play a lot of Team Slayer? Don't mind it? Then you have a playlist in Squad DLC which offers you a chance to definitely play those maps you paid for every single time. The rest of us?.... not so lucky.

I never really understood what 100% bloom means but I do play a bunch of Team Slayer and rumble pit. Can you use the Squad DLC playlist if you don't have the Defiant Pack but you do have anniversary & noble pack?

Overdoziz

Banned
You guys should be happy that the Noble and Defiant maps never show up, they're terrible.

Also, Kittens, is there tournament bracket somewhere online? Or did you really only show one match up? :/

Louis Wu

Wu 2-0 in MLG tonight. Kylej/Nutter 0-2.

Truth.
lol - Kyle's right, he's being slandered. I got nicely carried. (On the plus side, i got carried by a Tournament teammate, which bodes well. :) )

Don't know how you guys play MLG all the time - that's WAY too fast for anything but a short break. I ran around a corner on Countdown, and right into 3 opposing teammembers. I was dead (from full shields) before I could even bring my gun up from sprint position.

Tawpgun

lol - Kyle's right, he's being slandered. I got nicely carried. (On the plus side, i got carried by a Tournament teammate, which bodes well. :) )

Don't know how you guys play MLG all the time - that's WAY too fast for anything but a short break. I ran around a corner on Countdown, and right into 3 opposing teammembers. I was dead (from full shields) before I could even bring my gun up from sprint position.

Adapt

Overdoziz

Banned

But MLG doesn't even have sprint.

FyreWulff

Lol so fucking ridiculous. What's the point of having mappacks if users never get to play them? Are the anniversary maps worth it then? I mean one of the main reasons I stopped playing this game so much is because only a few of the core maps were really great and the forge maps suck.

Prisoner is terrible but the other maps were pretty solid.

Microsoft would rather squeeze a few more bucks than help the playerbase out and let them actually play the new content. Add in the fact that they released a disc that only has the Anniversary maps on it and an opportunity like Halo 3 was missed where the majority of matchmaking had 100% of DLC within two months of Halo 3: Mythic being available.

Tawpgun

Prisoner is terrible but the other maps were pretty solid.

Microsoft would rather squeeze a few more bucks than help the playerbase out and let them actually play the new content. Add in the fact that they released a disc that only has the Anniversary maps on it and an opportunity like Halo 3 was missed where the majority of matchmaking had 100% of DLC within two months of Halo 3: Mythic being available.

Battle Canyon would be an ok map.

If they removed jetpack.

Oh, and removed the 800 power weapons. I checked and there's a power weapon for everyone in a 4 on 4.

2 shotguns
2 pro pipes
2 snipers
1 sword
1 rocket

Hopefully not a representation of 343 MP map design. Or at least the shit they let slide from Certain Affinity.

FyreWulff

If they removed jetpack.

Oh, and removed the 800 power weapons. I checked and there's a power weapon for everyone in a 4 on 4.

2 shotguns
2 pro pipes
2 snipers
1 sword
1 rocket

Hopefully not a representation of 343 MP map design. Or at least the shit they let slide from Certain Affinity.

I'd wish they would remove all Slayer gametypes from Headlongneck. It's an objective map. Slayer is fucking terrible on it. Slayer was terrible on it back in Halo 2.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'd wish they would remove all Slayer gametypes from Headlongneck. It's an objective map. Slayer is fucking terrible on it. Slayer was terrible on it back in Halo 2.
Limiting the amount of gametypes played on a map to the ones that actually play well on it?
Madness.

Edit: Tawpgun, there's only 1 Sniper on the map.

FyreWulff

Limiting the amount of gametypes played on a map to the ones that actually play well on it?
Madness.

Edit: Tawpgun, there's only 1 Sniper on the map.

Need moar neutral bomb on Ghost Town kthnx

So yes to anniversary mappack buy?

See if you can get Halo: Anniversary cheaply before you do that. Map pack is 15$, so if you can find a new copy of Anniversary for that cheap, it comes with a code for the pack

Striker

If they removed jetpack.

The abundance of power weapons in there is ridiculous.

But I have equal issues with the airlifts/teleporter area and also the bomb arming location which is outside the base. Why is it outside? Is it because they placed the Shotguns in each base? What a joke.

BTB maps are commonly way better for Objectives anyways, at least CTF and Assault. There aren't really any terrific BTB maps for Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom