• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Weird things are happening with my Xbox 360. I just got an update and my sound is turned off after a minute. Somebody have the same problems?

Edit: Actually, my Astro A40 is getting sound via optical in, but my TV isn't via component (using component, because of my capture card). Weird.

Tawpgun

Limiting the amount of gametypes played on a map to the ones that actually play well on it?
Madness.

Edit: Tawpgun, there's only 1 Sniper on the map.
Are you serious? There's no way. That means one side gets a huge advantage. I think there's one on each ridge.

MMaRsu

Need moar neutral bomb on Ghost Town kthnx

See if you can get Halo: Anniversary cheaply before you do that. Map pack is 15$, so if you can find a new copy of Anniversary for that cheap, it comes with a code for the pack

The game is still 40 new here.. I'm not biting at that price.

kylej

Banned
lol - Kyle's right, he's being slandered. I got nicely carried. (On the plus side, i got carried by a Tournament teammate, which bodes well. :) )

Don't know how you guys play MLG all the time - that's WAY too fast for anything but a short break. I ran around a corner on Countdown, and right into 3 opposing teammembers. I was dead (from full shields) before I could even bring my gun up from sprint position.

nah you did fine.

I'm taking today off to work on the car but it's raining so if anybody wants to play Halo this afternoon give me a ring.

I see lots of Devo hate on GAF. Shit sucks. Okay she has controversial opinions but the majority of time they come from a place of logic and are sound arguments.

Anyway. When is this tourny starting if possible try not to to schedule a game for July 2nd because its my birthday. Ill play if its absolutely needed but yea.

Also birthdays suck. I have 0 Hype and feel like im getting nothing from anyone.
Yeah so we're first, we play Sunday at 8 pacific.

Karl2177

You guys should be happy that the Noble and Defiant maps never show up, they're terrible.

Also, Kittens, is there tournament bracket somewhere online? Or did you really only show one match up? :/
Only showing one matchup. I think the way this is being done is pretty retarded. It seems so much easier to just let captains pick a time, but hey common sense and efficiency isn't the way of the world anymore.

DOH - that's even worse. That means I was walking, and my gun was ALREADY UP. Geez. Ridiculously fast.

(I should go look at it to see if I was just imagining things.)
So if there were three of them, you would have died just as fast no matter the bloom setting. If they all shot you at the same time, it would only have taken 2 trigger pulls.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Should set up at 4th of July Reach Gaf extraordinaire. I'm off work but everyone else seems to have plans to leave town, thus video games!

Could do some achievements in 3/Reach/Wars and dominate big team or something.

(4th of July is a holiday in the US for all you outside of the States). :p

a zoojoo

Banned
Is there a time table set yet? Why aren't we just poop socking all this out one night at 8est?

It's because not everyone on GAF can be online at one time. The scheduling is happening as each team turns in their schedules of when they can be online. My team was first to turn in their schedules so, we got 1st slot.

I disagree. It's really not. Poor mans Arkham, none of the atmosphere, really empty city and a poorer version of the Arkham combat system with more quick time events.
It does get the swinging right, but that's not enough.

Ooooh.

How far are you into it? I'm only on chapter 2.

I'm not sure about atmosphere in a spiderman game tbh, it's never been gritty or even had a particular theme to it. The only spiderman game to have atmosphere was the noir section of shattered dimensions IMO.

Although, I do hate its emphasis on collectibles, I hate collectibles!

Overdoziz

Banned
Compared to the rest of Reach's Maps it's tolerable. But does Reach even have a good map? Even the H2 remakes are butchered.

I can deal with Asylum, apart from when the other team spawn your snipe court.
Anchor 9 is what you get when you take The Pit, add a terrible low-grav area, make the bases extremely easy to camp in and remove 2 ways to get from one side of the map to the other. It's terrible all around.

a zoojoo

Banned
I would like to say, that i'm much better than my stats suggest, while my K/D is Reach is .74, my K/D in Halo 3 is .89. It's just that i'm not able to take advantage over the base player traits in Reach as well as Halo 3 i.e. movement speed, jump height, strafing, etc.

I'm not sure about atmosphere in a spiderman game tbh, it's never been gritty or even had a particular theme to it. The only spiderman game to have atmosphere was the noir section of shattered dimensions IMO.
Simply put, Beebox only had 12-18 months, barely anything compared to Rocksteady, so they did good for the time they had, but it's not in the same league as Arkham.

Simply put, Beebox only had 12-18 months, barely anything compared to Rocksteady, so they did good for the time they had, but it's not in the same league as Arkham.

Yeah, I can agree with this, in terms of looking at the package as a whole.

But like I said, I was expecting nothing from it apart from the usual movie tie in quality. So it surprised me in that regard and I think it's worth a rent.

cocamola

Banned
Anchor 9 is what you get when you take The Pit, add a terrible low-grav area, make the bases extremely easy to camp in and remove 2 ways to get from one side of the map to the other. It's terrible all around.

I always find that in Slayer Variants Anchor 9 becomes a rush to top med' pack grenade fest.

I don't usually play OBJ on Anchor 9 so I don't really know about the bases. I have to agree they do seem really enclosed.

Karl2177

I always find that in Slayers Variants Anchor 9 becomes a rush to top med' pack grenade fest.

I don't usually play OBJ on Anchor 9 so I don't really know about the bases. I have to agree they do seem really enclosed.
Stockpile on A9 is worse than Stockpile on any other map. Flag isn't too bad, but it's nothing great. Swat potato is the worst(especially if it's unanchored).

Striker

Default Pit had its own issues: attic spawns, sword room aka grende hole, and really empty bases. MLG really revamped the map by adding the crates which helped smooth out the flow of the map.

Anchor 9 isn't too bad. I think CTF and Assault play better on it than Slayer. It's up there with Arena Zealot as one of the better maps in regular Reach.

^^ Karl, Hot Potato is always bad.

senador

Banned

I get what you are saying, and I agree with your points, but I don't think it's right to say that anythig that's not just perfect is terrible.

Real question: What do you like about Reach?

cocamola

Banned
Stockpile on A9 is worse than Stockpile on any other map. Flag isn't too bad, but it's nothing great. Swat potato is the worst(especially if it's unanchored).

I actually
hate stockpile full stop. It's like noob friendly CTF
. I played it on Battle Canyon once. It was horrific.

Fuchsdh

I actually
hate stockpile full stop. It's like noob friendly CTF
. I played it on Battle Canyon once. It was horrific.

I like the idea of it, but in practice the ability to kick flags out of the spawn zone makes it grief-happy. Also, at least in my experience, it's far easier for a better team to simple curb-stomp the other team.

They're not the greatest maps in Halo history but hey I'm just looking for variety that doesn't involve ugly grey edifices.

Yeah this, and more importantly playing on the maps we payed for consistently in other playlists.

I'll say it here, I was personally a fan of the Halo 3 DLC implementation.

Risen

lol - Kyle's right, he's being slandered. I got nicely carried. (On the plus side, i got carried by a Tournament teammate, which bodes well. :) )

Don't know how you guys play MLG all the time - that's WAY too fast for anything but a short break. I ran around a corner on Countdown, and right into 3 opposing teammembers. I was dead (from full shields) before I could even bring my gun up from sprint position.

You giggled the entire time and you know it. It's ok... you can admit you had fun those two games. You died less than Nutter and in your only two MLG games you are 2-0 against HaloGAF-ers. Eternal bragging rights granted.

We can play MLG so much because it comes closer to letting us play as fast as we think. Bleed through, no bloom, faster movement speed... playing default Reach is like playing in chains, or an engine with a governor on it.

That was less me carrying and more me playing with Cichlid, whom I've played with for a decade, and who is a freak at video games. Putting me and Cichlid on the same team in that group of 8 was MM handing out auto-wins.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I guess I need to play MLG with some of you guys. Played with some friends and we did decent, but it wasn't a ton of fun. Not a huge number of map options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom