• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

a zoojoo

Banned
A combination of that and I love having a beard. Got rid of the 'stache though.

I'll be the one laughing when you're cold in the winter.

mustache_championship_2.jpg

no.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hahahaha

Yea I have the MLG controller. It rocks...and rolls...all night long. I got it for free though so I don't know what it feels like to drop 100$ on it. Some prefer it, some don't. I love it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hahahaha

Yea I have the MLG controller. It rocks...and rolls...all night long. I got it for free though so I don't know what it feels like to drop 100$ on it. Some prefer it, some don't. I love it.

For free wow sooo jealous.
Yeah 100$ is a lot of money, seems even more when I see the razor is much cheaper.

think I will read some reviews.

You may say I'm a dreamer...

... but I'm not the only one. Actually, if they remove Forgeworld (which, at this point, I think we can all agree was a neat idea but somewhat flawed in execution, especially when it came to frame rate), this seems like a nice substitution to give Forge some variety in terms of setting. I'm realistic enough to know we're not getting terrain editing, but we can at least have a variety of locations to build in.

Really? How could you not see that happening?
I'm a fucking terrible person and I'm so sorry IHaveIce, but it was too good to pass up.

Absolutely. I'd say something like that is at least a little bit likely. I'd love to be able to change the time of day. Even if it's something like a toggle of, dawn, day, dusk.

You guys are pansies.

Beard fo lyfe.

+1

don't be mean :(

If I remember correctly you habe the MLG pro controller right? I have some money to spent and I'm looking for a controller, would you recommend it?

Question to everyone, does anyone have expierence with the Razor Onza ?

It's a piece of junk, in my opinion. I could list reasons, but I'll keep it concise for now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
For free wow sooo jealous.
Yeah 100$ is a lot of money, seems even more when I see the razor is much cheaper.

think I will read some reviews.

Honestly if you could try it out before you buy it, do so. It's a faster controller. It actually reaches top turning speed a could frames faster than the standard MS controller. A lot of people lower their sensitivity with this controller. I kept mine the same. Controllers feels great though. Sturdy as fuck, heavy. Oozes quality.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder what controller I won from Ph1LzA's Halo marathon stream. He said it was a no slow wired black 360 controller. Would be sick if it was the MLG controller, I'm really wanting to test it out.

Although any controller at all is very much appreciated, mine's pretty old.

IHaveIce

Banned
Honestly if you could try it out before you buy it, do so. It's a faster controller. It actually reaches top turning speed a could frames faster than the standard MS controller. A lot of people lower their sensitivity with this controller. I kept mine the same. Controllers feels great though. Sturdy as fuck, heavy. Oozes quality.

Ok thanks this sounds pretty awesome.

MrGreencastle said:
It's a piece of junk, in my opinion. I could list reasons, but I'll keep it concise for now.

oh wow, with this I'm pretty sold on the MLG one.

CyReN

I wonder what controller I won from Ph1LzA's Halo marathon stream. He said it was a no slow wired black 360 controller. Would be sick if it was the MLG controller, I'm really wanting to test it out.

Although any controller at all is very much appreciated, mine's pretty old.

Didn't you win Scuff?

Nah, Boneyard and Spire are flawless invasion maps since they pretty much perfectly suit the gametype. Spire has a single exploit which is the elite's spawn banshee-bombing shit.

Breakpoint is the best invasion map imo.

Boneyard and Spire both have massive third phase issues. Breakpoint is the only map that does the third phase well. Spire is just a miserable map on all the phases.

This is coming from someone that actually thinks the Invasion gametype itself is pretty decent, it's the maps that hold it back big time (Breakpoint being the only one that's pretty good).

the Onza is not worth it. Not very comfortable, the triggers are really weird, the stick tension thing isn't really useful, and apparently they break pretty easily

Havok

Boneyard and Spire both have massive third phase issues. Breakpoint is the only map that does the third phase well. Spire is just a miserable map on all the phases.

This is coming from someone that actually thinks the Invasion gametype itself is pretty decent, it's the maps that hold it back big time (Breakpoint being the only one that's pretty good).
I don't think Breakpoint's third phase is all that much better, though I give it credit for not having a shotgun-campable core storage. You still have to take the core through a path that is completely devoid of cover while the enemy team spawns in a power area with a cross-mapping headshot weapon. I think where Breakpoint makes up for sharing all the other maps' flaws is that it actually tries to mix up the second phase from the traditional Territory-Territory-Flag model that every other map follows.

Sadly, almost every one of the Forge Invasion variants they added follows that same miserable formula (including the killing-field-without-cover third phase nonsense).

In a world without fall damage, Spire's third phase would probably be the best of the bunch, which is saying something. No more random physics wonkiness with the core being dropped and flying backwards, decreased ability for the spawning defenders to pinpoint its location and set up a Sword/Bubble combo on top of it before attackers can drop on it.

hard question, I love GoT but the Lemon is pure Awesomeness. It's a draw

jalan atthirari anni plywood is best plywood

the Onza is not worth it. Not very comfortable, the triggers are really weird, the stick tension thing isn't really useful, and apparently they break pretty easily

Onza is the worst piece of shit iv ever bought, Stay clear at all costs its going to break in a week and its going to be horrible prior to breaking.

cocamola

Banned

I can't go back from an Onza although I've broken six. I've only ever paid for one. The Onza to me is good the Buttons feel great, the Bumpers are really nice. I actually find them comfortable plus the tension allows me to have really loose analogue sticks from the get go.

Plus rarely ever get slow turn.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nah, Boneyard and Spire are flawless invasion maps since they pretty much perfectly suit the gametype. Spire has a single exploit which is the elite's spawn banshee-bombing shit.

Breakpoint is the best invasion map imo.
If Boneyard and Spire are the bar for Invasion quality, I can see why there won't be an Invasion mode in 4.
I don't like any of the Plywoods.
That's like your opinion man.
hard question, I love GoT but the Lemon is pure Awesomeness. It's a draw
Hello my new favorite junior.

My beard genes are immaculate; so powerful, in fact, that I have to shave every other day. I'm part Puerto Rican and hit puberty at like nine which probably helps though. I can usually get a Wolverine sort of thing going on in about a week and a half if I really want to. I like to think me shaving is just sealing the beard's unfathomable powers away so I don't go mad.

CyReN

Are Scuff controllers any good? I just looked them up, and they seem really cool, at least aesthetic wise. Seems like they have what is essentially macro buttons on the back too.

Honestly haven't tried it, heard good things though. Stay away from EnvyControllers also, paint comes off quickly and takes 3 months to ship.

IHaveIce

Banned
Are Scuff controllers any good? I just looked them up, and they seem really cool, at least aesthetic wise. Seems like they have what is essentially macro buttons on the back too.

yeah just looked them up too. Would also be interested.

The fact that the onzas break easily is a no go for me, because it seems like the onza isn't in the German Razor support, only in other countries..
Probably I'm just too tired to look correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom