• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewwwwwww Madcatz

You know madcatz make quality products too right? Like the Fight stick and the MLG controller. Yes they make trash but they also make some very solid stuff.

I'm not buying it, I won it. Doesn't seem like a gimmick controller to me at all. Looks like a standard controller but with a few competitive mods.

To each their own I suppose.

Those mappable paddles are going to be useless, i had mappable bumpers on the ONZA and i never EVER ended up using them.

heckfu

Banned
I have heard legends of your beard, but I've never actually seen it

This is a good representation of about the starting length I usually go with and end of a 3 month period of growth. After 3 months, I trim it down and start again. It's also interactive! Cover up each half of my face to see either a) ProfessionalFu or b) HomelessFu

03WfV.jpg

cocamola

Banned
You know madcatz make quality products too right? Like the Fight stick and the MLG controller. Yes they make trash but they also make some very solid stuff.

I'll stick with my Onza's even though it's an annoyance they break I really think it's a good controller. Razers support is godlike, all you do is e-mail them, you cut the chord send them a photo and they just ship you a brand new one.

Such good customer service. But it does clog up your cupboard after awhile...

img02521y.jpg

I'll stick with my Onza's even though it's an annoyance they break I really think it's a good controller. Razers support is godlike, all you do is e-mail them, you cut the chord send them a photo and they just ship you a brand new one.

Such good customer service. But it does clog up your cupboard after awhile...

img02521y.jpg

So i don't have to provide proof of purchase?

wwm0nkey

Oh man Reach is totally the best game ever, those practice rounds really showed me how much of a great and fun game Halo: Reach can be with all the grenades and shitty ass bloom.

Seriously this shit is rage inducing.

cocamola

Banned
So i don't have to provide proof of purchase?

Well you do but I thought that much was obvious.
All they ask for is your name/order number/shipping address/serial of the controller. (Oh this is only if you buy from the Razer Store). Usually I just copy and paste my order confirmation email.

In the photo they need to see the serial and the cut chord in a single shot. Like this.

Like this,
img0233olp.jpg

Razer stuff

So the customer support is only godlike if you meet the required criteria and then they replace the product like ANY good company should do.

I got a ONZA day one and Day 8 it broke (right stick permanently looks down)

I didnt buy from the online store and i dont have proof of purchase so i can't do anything about the issue. The one time i contacted them they said they couldn't help even if they wanted to because of the limited stock.

cocamola

Banned
So the customer support is only godlike if you meet the required criteria and then they replace the product like ANY good company should do.

I got a ONZA day one and Day 8 it broke (right stick permanently looks down)

I didnt buy from the online store and i dont have proof of purchase so i can't do anything about the issue. The one time i contacted them they said they couldn't help even if they wanted to because of the limited stock.
I've had several, they usually last me 3-6 months. My latest one is going strong. Haven't had a single problem. Maybe they've upped the build quality.

I do recall my very first Onza breaking really easily.

The Customer Support is awesome because you don't have the faff about sending off your controller in the post when it breaks. One simple photo and the replacement gets sent.

This is a good representation of about the starting length I usually go with and end of a 3 month period of growth. After 3 months, I trim it down and start again. It's also interactive! Cover up each half of my face to see either a) ProfessionalFu or b) HomelessFu

kWqsx.jpg

Skrillex of beards.

I don't think Breakpoint's third phase is all that much better, though I give it credit for not having a shotgun-campable core storage. You still have to take the core through a path that is completely devoid of cover while the enemy team spawns in a power area with a cross-mapping headshot weapon. I think where Breakpoint makes up for sharing all the other maps' flaws is that it actually tries to mix up the second phase from the traditional Territory-Territory-Flag model that every other map follows.

Sadly, almost every one of the Forge Invasion variants they added follows that same miserable formula (including the killing-field-without-cover third phase nonsense).

In a world without fall damage, Spire's third phase would probably be the best of the bunch, which is saying something. No more random physics wonkiness with the core being dropped and flying backwards, decreased ability for the spawning defenders to pinpoint its location and set up a Sword/Bubble combo on top of it before attackers can drop on it.

I think it's a significant improvement because you when the bomb explodes, you grab the core from 5 feet away, and the spawning for the defense there is not 5 feet from where they are trying to take the core like Boneyard. It is nowhere close to perfect, but it's still a pretty huge improvement and it shows when you play it.

Also credit Breakpoint for not have the offensive spawns for each phase 5 miles away from where they need to be like Boneyard and Spire do.

Halo 4 something something

Dammit.

Which vid had the fall damage in it? It would be insane to have it in campaign.
I can't recall the video, but I remember seeing it in one of the Haven videos. Maybe an MLG video?

I have the same hope: If fall damage is in, at the very least, keep it to one mode, preferably multiplayer. It'll be hard going from the freedom you experienced in Halo 3's campaign (no fall damage) to a more grounded feeling in Halo 4 (fall damage). Given the standardization past Halo games have enjoyed across all game modes, though, this is probably unlikely. Much to my predicted dismay.
Uhhh sure Dax
A+ advice.

DeadNames

Banned
I can't recall the video, but I remember seeing it in one of the Haven videos. Maybe an MLG video?

I have the same hope: If fall damage is in, at the very least, keep it to one mode (preferably multiplayer). It'll be hard going from the freedom of Halo 3 (no fall damage) to a more grounded feeling in Halo 4 (fall damage). Given the standardization past Halo games have enjoyed across Kk
all game modes, though, this is probably unlikely. Much to my (predicted) dismay.

A+ advice.

Was it the real Haven? Because MLG screwed up the map names

I have the same hope: If fall damage is in, at the very least, keep it to one mode, preferably multiplayer. It'll be hard going from the freedom you experienced in Halo 3's campaign (no fall damage) to a more grounded feeling in Halo 4 (fall damage). Given the standardization past Halo games have enjoyed across all game modes, though, this is probably unlikely. Much to my predicted dismay.

A+ advice.

This video, skip to the 59 second mark.

I'm sure it was in the E3 videos as well, but I specifically remember seeing it from the MS testing that leaked.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Best thing in Reach is hopping into a playlist with DMR starts, and watching the scrubs try to kill with ARs.

Even better still is going into Anni Classic and watching people try to AR each other. So bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom