• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the skybox all plain now?

maybe cause the old one looks like its directly taken from reach.

jbs81PqsuhmnjG.jpg

ib0SCImQTjPfCZ.jpg

probably placeholder.

EDIT: actually i think that new pic with the planet is on the other side of the map, you can still see stars and orangey stuff in the top right corner.

Longbow is an amazing looking map. I can't wait to actually play it. I think so far 343i appears to have created excellent looking levels. Even Adrift looks nice for an indoor space station level. Longbow and Haven though are both really sexy. I also like that lava area in Spartan Ops.
I'm all for simplicity of design with nuanced navigational details for players of higher skill. The Y shape of Longbow seems like it will work out great; can't wait to play it (still kicking myself in the ass for not getting on the RTX tickets sooner. fuck).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Map Pack 1A - 800 msp
- 3 new maps.
- Includes 10 new achievements, 1 new armor set, 5 new armor skins, 5 new weapon skins, 3 new Xbox avatar items/clothing. (Nothing that affects gameplay.)
Season Pass - 2000 msp (Free with Limited Edition)
- Includes map packs 1A, 2A, and 3A.

3 months later:

Map Pack 1B - Free
- The 3 new maps from 1A.
- No extras.
Bonus Pack 1 - 300 msp
- All the extras from Map Pack 1A.
Season Pass - Drops to 1500 msp

Repeat for map packs 2 and 3 (which would release a month or two after the previous pack is made free), with the Season Pass price dropping each time. (Once they're all free, the Season Pass is renamed Bonus Bundle and just has all of the achievement/armor extras for 800 msp.) If there is a Map Pack 4, it works the same way but is not included in the Season Pass.

Thoughts? I have no idea if this is financially viable as a business model, if the exclusivity period would need to be adjusted, etc. Just spitballing ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0

Too good to happen.

Fuchsdh

So, one thing thats bugging me- It seems they changed the skybox on Longbow from e3 to something a little more tame.

Why is the skybox all plain now?

I didn't notice that you can see what I think is a Covenant holy symbol burned into the planet or moon in the sky until you posted those pics.

Also, it's official:

I prefer SWAT to MLG.

Vire

While Im not a huge fan of it now, I do think it looks pretty cool in this shot:

Still, I liked the contrast before of the snowy blues and the deep spacey sky, with the clouds breaking it up. It looked really mysterious and alien. Its a lot more plain looking now, at least IMO from the little we have seen.

If only. Oh god I would be in love.

Too bad that never made the cut for Reach.

Funny because I think this is a much better design. It's a more cohesive vision and I think it suits the map better. The brightness and cleanliness of the map reminds me of the earlier Halo game's beauty.

Ramirez

Yea, the new one looks more Halo to me, for whatever reason. I like the "cool" feeling the brightness gives off over the darker version.

Yea, the new one looks more Halo to me, for whatever reason. I like the "cool" feeling the brightness gives off over the darker version.

Yeah, same. I think the darker version feels more like something out of Reach than the trilogy. And I much prefer the trilogies' style over Reach.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It looks about as nice as the placeholder. Second one does look more Halo, but the map from what I can see doesn't impress me greatly.

DeadNames

Banned
Longbow looks like a great BTB map... From a guy who plays BTB all day 'errday, I can say with full confidence that Longbow will be fun.

Karl2177

aww man I am not sure about tonight. I will be out drinking tonight. Not sure when i will be back. However, If I come home early and you're on I will play, drunk and all.
For our team, nights are the best option. Sai an I are the same time zone, and you're just an hour ahead of us. I'm not entirely sure of the time zone difference between NZ and here, but I'm fairly certain it's the best time for the 4 of us.

Ramirez

Fixed link: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/H...rtag=TJ Ram#/?game=1056269957&section=Unknown

There really needs to be a "share game" button on all Game History pages that spits out the proper fixed link for people to view.

Hm, where does my link take you? It takes me to the game I intended. :(

HA. Nice try linking to Waypoint.

I edited in Havok's link, you lose sir.

That aside, I really hope they've taken measures to ensure that guests are handled appropriately in the trueskill/MM system.

lol

Havok

Hm, where does my link take you? It takes me to the game I intended. :(
Yeah, because you're signed into your Live ID. It assumes that links that don't specify which gamertag the game was played on are trying to link to the clicker's own Game History instead of the player's. Presumably, you and the guys in that game are the only people with a game ID of 1056269957 in your history, so it throws up an error for everyone else. A really silly system when you consider that the primary use of game histories is bragging rights. In comparison, bnet always included Player IDs in the links so that problem was avoided up until it shut down.

This music...is not for me. And Kimbra is way more attractive in my opinion. And her music doesn't sound like music I would hear in a department store as a kid shopping with my mother.
The song I linked to isn't one of my more favorite songs from her. I linked to it for the lyrics, which seemed appropriate. One of my more recent favorites from her is Starlight (preview). Leading up to the album release, I had been hoping she would make a song about stars, and she did with fabulous results.

So. Halo. I think Longbow looks great for the most part. What's most interesting about the skybox is that there seems to be writing on the moon (bottom left corner of it). Is it that same symbol you can see on the Ark in one of Halo 3's cutscenes? People say they don't like the trees, eh. I'm not sure if I have strong feelings either way.

I played through some of The Ark yesterday in a Prowler. Had a gunner, one Marine with a rocket, and one Marine with an FRG. The Prowler is a bit hard to drive, but under the right circumstances, and with the right Marine compliment, you can wreck some shit.

kylej

Banned
can I join in on all these sweet motivational videos I'm a big fan of inspirational quotes and getting hyped before the event

bootiesisanerd.jpg

Longbow looks like a great BTB map... From a guy who plays BTB all day 'errday, I can say with full confidence that Longbow will be fun.

yeah BTB is really reliant on the maps. and Spire and Boneyard are not good BTB maps. they are good for invasion and that's it. and those were all we got besides the blood gulch remake. the headlong remake, and ridgeline are way better than all the default reach BTB maps.

there had better be 3 good BTB maps available from the start, or i'm not going to be happy.

we got Longbow
i'm hoping for some sort of desert BTB map, in the style of that campaign mission thats in a screenshot.
also, i have always wanted a BTB map to take place inside a covenant ship or city. there has never been a BTB covenant themed map in halo. (spire and snowbound are kinda covenanty, but not enough)

id also like something like a BTB map in like guardians forest, it'd be similar to the endor level in battlefront.

Ramirez

yeah BTB is really reliant on the maps. and Spire and Boneyard are not good BTB maps. they are good for invasion and that's it. and those were all we got besides the blood gulch remake. the headlong remake, and ridgeline are way better than all the default reach BTB maps.

They are?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Not even.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Hello HaloGAF,

I have been lurking for a few months now and I just got approved.

Thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Carry on with business as usual, and if you need to blame anyone... it was CyReN.

And to answer the questions I'm sure I'll be asked... Battle Rifle and MLG/THC settings :)

Has anybody tried to figure out what's written on the moon?

I guess you can't really tell with the clouds in the way. I wonder if they move or if they permanently obscure the moon in that area in the final game.

For comparison's sake.

The symbol on the moon probably doesn't mean anything, but it's a novel distraction.

Havok

Has anybody tried to figure out what's written on the moon?

I guess you can't really tell with the clouds in the way. I wonder if they move or if they permanently obscure the moon in that area in the final game.
For comparison's sake.

The symbol on the moon probably doesn't mean anything, but it's a novel distraction.
The H3 Beta version of Snowbound had a similar symbol engraved on its moon, which was removed in the final game for whatever reason. I always assumed it translated to "Cool Forerunner Thing."

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hello HaloGAF,

I have been lurking for a few months now and I just got approved.

Thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Carry on with business as usual, and if you need to blame anyone... it was CyReN.

And to answer the questions I'm sure I'll be asked... Battle Rifle and MLG/THC settings :)

'Sup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom