• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kittens or anyone, can you hook me up with the scheduling post. I'll go through it now. (I've been putting it off whenever I was on my mobile browser)

Gui_PT

image.php

Well hello there gorge...oh it's Plywood

Karl2177

Alright, I have no idea what is going on here, but it's really annoying. I've been trying to connect to Live for the past 20 minutes or so, but it fails at the Xbox Live step each time and doesn't tell me what the issue is(it just says restart your router or modem). It will connect to Network rather slowly and then Internet slow as well, but it goes on indefinitely for the Xbox Live step then. Is it something with the cable I'm using? Is it something with my Xbox all of the sudden? Could it be a router issue? I haven't changed any settings on it since I first set it up over a year ago.

Alright, I have no idea what is going on here, but it's really annoying. I've been trying to connect to Live for the past 20 minutes or so, but it fails at the Xbox Live step each time and doesn't tell me what the issue is(it just says restart your router or modem). It will connect to Network rather slowly and then Internet slow as well, but it goes on indefinitely for the Xbox Live step then. Is it something with the cable I'm using? Is it something with my Xbox all of the sudden? Could it be a router issue? I haven't changed any settings on it since I first set it up over a year ago.

Unplug Router and modem for a minute.

Turn off 360

turn router and modem back on.

wait 2 minutes

Turn 360 back on and try to connect.

report back.

neoism

FRANKIE FUCKING FIX THE BETRAYAL SYSTEM...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

goddamn I had 8 kills why my whole team had 5 all together. :\ I get a showstopper killing the enemy and my team mate who was fucking already dead boot........ If its not better in 4 then fuck this....

Karl2177

Unplug Router and modem for a minute.

Turn off 360

turn router and modem back on.

wait 2 minutes

Turn 360 back on and try to connect.

report back.
I don't know what the 2 minutes does, but that worked. Normally the warm start is only 30 seconds or so, which would explain why it wasn't working earlier. Thanks!

HaloGAF, I dunno if this applies to us, but I think it's definitely something to think about:

Cliques. We keep track of those and attempt to prevent their solidification. GAF is not intended to be like reddit with a series of subforums that have nothing to do with one another and, perhaps, have passionate distaste for one another; we deliberately try to cultivate a single community where anyone can talk to anyone else in a reasonable, friendly manner. Some of these cliques have gotten out of hand -- exhibiting extremely hostility to the rest of GAF and seeing themselves as a separate forum inside the forum, often feeling the general NeoGAF rules should not apply to them -- and some of those cliques have been forcefully dispersed.

From here.

I'm not sure what there is to say about this, but I can definitely see the part about exhibiting some "hostility to the rest of GAF" applying to us. I feel that way because I know I have, at the very least, done it. I guess what I'm saying here is that we should be more wary about the "GAF doesn't know anything about Halo" mentality, or doing stuff like posting what we think are ridiculous comments about Halo from the gaming side. That sort of stuff.

Food for thought.

heckfu

Banned
HaloGAF, I dunno if this applies to us, but I think it's definitely something to think about:

From here.

I'm not sure what there is to say about this, but I can definitely see the part about exhibiting some "hostility to the rest of GAF" applying to us. I feel that way because I know I have, at the very least, done it. I guess what I'm saying here is that we should be more careful about the "GAF doesn't know anything about Halo" mentality, or doing stuff like posting what we think are ridiculous comments about Halo from the gaming side. That sort of stuff.

Food for thought.
Well said, and guilty of it too. Thanks for posting.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Also, set up Quality of Service rules so that your router prioritizes packets coming to and from your Xbox's MAC address.

:|

Ooo I gotta try this. I solved my NAT issues thankfully. Every now and then my Xbox IP changes and so I have forward the ports to the new IP. Happens only once in a blue moon.

From here.

I'm not sure what there is to say about this, but I can definitely see the part about exhibiting some "hostility to the rest of GAF" applying to us. I feel that way because I know I have, at the very least, done it. I guess what I'm saying here is that we should be more wary about the "GAF doesn't know anything about Halo" mentality, or doing stuff like posting what we think are ridiculous comments about Halo from the gaming side. That sort of stuff.

Food for thought.

HaloGAF as a whole is very guilty of this.

Last connection problem with my 360 I ended up solving by resetting my router's settings entirely. I have ports forwarded but I've never tried DMZing it.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, that was my PS3 having the problem.

heckfu

Banned
More NBA gaf I think, but we're not innocent. Although people in gaming side Halo threads do tend to exhibit some ignorance on purpose to get Halo fans riles up, but I guess that can be said about any game.

I know not of what you speak. Never lost my cool in gaming side before...

More NBA gaf I think, but we're not innocent. Although people in gaming side Halo threads do tend to exhibit some ignorance on purpose to get Halo fans riles up, but I guess that can be said about any game.

I remember during one of the E3 Giant Bombcasts Dave and Frankie were on and they talked about Halo for like 45 minutes and the thread got extreeeeemely upset about it.

Fuchsdh

From here.

Food for thought.

Aside from the SCII thread I've participated in a grand total of one thread on GAF. I'm here for the Halo stuff, and I imagine there are people in similar situations. That kind of 'spheres of influence' cultivates isolation. If GAF wanted more inclusion, they should not have subscriptions. As it is you can ignore everyone else.

I know not of what you speak. Never lost my cool in gaming side before...

Banville reporting in.

Aside from the SCII thread I've participated in a grand total of one thread on GAF. I'm here for the Halo stuff, and I imagine there are people in similar situations. That kind of 'spheres of influence' cultivates isolation. If GAF wanted more inclusion, they should not have subscriptions. As it is you can ignore everyone else.

Yeah my behavior is very much what he described. I only participate in a very choice selection of threads and I almost exclusively interact with GAF through the subscriptions page.

Welcome back.
Whoa! Dax is back! I thought you were permabanned.

So tomorrow night, depending on Bregmann's schedule? Could also maybe play in the afternoon, if you're down. I'm also free Monday, unless I get called in.
Tomorrow night is good for me. I should be ready to rock sometime around 9/10 Eastern.

From here.

Food for thought.
So what they're saying is "Don't go to HaloGAF for the community"? We thought J10 was our enemy, when in reality he was our savior.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Wait in the lobby after sending invites to available friends.

See their game is finally over.

See another HaloGAFer join their party and start searching.

Chopped liver. :_\

Tawpgun

WOW.

Roger Water's The Wall Live was one of the most amazing shows I've been to. The visuals were so good.

If the show is coming near you go see it.

JackHerer

I just encountered a really annoying problem in Reach that hopefully gets fixed for Halo 4. I had one of the best games of my Halo career (went 34 and 0 on Anniversary TS Timberlands) and at 29 kills the game changed hosts and reset my spree so I did not get my invincible medal. Kinda disappointing and I was worried I wouldn't get the perfection but it still gave it to me thankfully.

Definitely annoying and has happened to me a bunch of times where I'm at 9 kills and about to get a frenzy and it resets my spree. Pleease fix this for H4 343.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom