• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Got a splinter under my finger nail a few minutes ago. It's stuck in really deep. Don't know what to do, I have no tweezers :(

It's like, really in there. I don't know what would happen if I took it to a doctor in the morning. It goes all the way to the end of the fingernail, would I lost the entire nail for awhile. This sucks :(

Be a man.

Got a splinter under my finger nail a few minutes ago. It's stuck in really deep. Don't know what to do, I have no tweezers :(

It's like, really in there. I don't know what would happen if I took it to a doctor in the morning. It goes all the way to the end of the fingernail, would I lost the entire nail for awhile. This sucks :(
How does that even happen?

That sounds like one of those things that should be making me cringe REALLY HARD but it isn't.

Imagine if Microsoft dropped $8.1 billion for that 61% share of activison blizzard. Jesus that would be the most game changing thing i could ever imagine.

Imagine if Microsoft dropped $8.1 billion for that 61% share of activison blizzard. Jesus that would be the most game changing thing i could ever imagine.

They'd have major stakes in COD, Destiny and probably whatever Blizzard does. Yeah, that would be insane. Though I hope no such thing happens.

TheOddOne

It will be smart, but not for the sake of exclusivity. CoD sales come from a lot of platforms, it being locked down to one platform would decrease the profits. However, if Microsoft would buy the shares and let multiplatform development continue, they will be ranking in the money.

They'd have major stakes in COD, Destiny and probably whatever Blizzard does. Yeah, that would be insane. Though I hope no such thing happens.

Call of Duty
World Of Warcraft
Destiny
Starcraft
Diablo
Spider-Man
Tony Hawk
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Guitar Hero

Those are some crazy profitable franchises.

Not sure if this is news or not -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4587fN5ls8&feature=g-all-u
9 minute video, but they announce FUD live action teaser on July 2nd.

Sweet, i thank you for this birthday present Frankie, Ellis and all those at 314i who made this possible.

Kuroyume

Banned

It's like, really in there. I don't know what would happen if I took it to a doctor in the morning. It goes all the way to the end of the fingernail, would I lose the entire nail for awhile? This sucks :(

tumblr_m34mv31Cbw1qany7lo1_500.gif

FyreWulff

It will be smart, but not for the sake of exclusivity. CoD sales come from a lot of platforms, it being locked down to one platform would decrease the profits. However, if Microsoft would buy the shares and let multiplatform development continue, they will be ranking in the money.

You'd think, but Microsoft pisses money away not releasing Rare IPs on Nintendo DS anymore.

Also now I know exactly how much more time I have left in the United States

t1341513900z2.png

It'd probably be worth your while making a thread for this in the Reach folder on Waypoint. You'd have a better chance of finding others who've had the problem and getting a network engineer to read it.

It's also an issue of available bandwidth. The host tracks all sprees, so when he leaves the sprees go away.

Shadders

I just encountered a really annoying problem in Reach that hopefully gets fixed for Halo 4. I had one of the best games of my Halo career (went 34 and 0 on Anniversary TS Timberlands) and at 29 kills the game changed hosts and reset my spree so I did not get my invincible medal. Kinda disappointing and I was worried I wouldn't get the perfection but it still gave it to me thankfully.

Definitely annoying and has happened to me a bunch of times where I'm at 9 kills and about to get a frenzy and it resets my spree. Pleease fix this for H4 343.

It'd probably be worth your while making a thread for this in the Reach folder on Waypoint. You'd have a better chance of finding others who've had the problem and getting a network engineer to read it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

That ship has sailed. It's a very well known bug and has persisted for years. It won't be getting fixed no matter how many threads you make on Waypoint.

wasn't this issue already in the previous games? It is definately no Reach-only problem.

The only other option would be having some kind of server to track the kills streaks but that is not really an option. That or Sync the streaks to everyone so whoever even if 3 hosts leave the game still knows what people are up to in streaks but thats going to be a big drain on bandwidth having every killstreak being synced and stored for every player.

Im still pissed reach never got a Juggenaut bug fix its literally unplayable in custom games because the option do not work. Its base Jug or NOTHING

Shadders

Thinking about it, if the game allows drop in/out you'd imagine it has a more elegant host switching system too. This might just get fixed as part of introducing better systems elsewhere.

The only other option would be having some kind of server to track the kills streaks but that is not really an option. That or Sync the streaks to everyone so whoever even if 3 hosts leave the game still knows what people are up to in streaks but thats going to be a big drain on bandwidth having every killstreak being synced and stored for every player.

It wouldn't be a drain on bandwidth because every kill is already communicated to every player, it would be a local process to track the streaks. :)

FyreWulff

Im still pissed reach never got a Juggenaut bug fix its literally unplayable in custom games because the option do not work. Its base Jug or NOTHING

Yeah Juggernaut was pretty much abandoned since launch.

There's not much hope any gametype is getting updates before 4 comes out.

Also, a good complimentary custom challenge to SWAT seems to be Medals Earned.

FyreWulff

Site is terrible.

Best kill of the game was headshotting somebody.. through a tree.. with no red reticule.

If someone could capture it, "Treeshot" is the film clip

File Share link

That game was pretty fun and now I feel hyped up. Teammates left, stayed calm, got kills, and changed location after each one. The other team didn't do it so all I had to do was remember where I died from and wipe them out each time. If they had kept rotating around the map and covered their sight lines, we wouldn't have had a chance. But they'd keep doing stuff like all looking in one direction.

Uploaded the entire game too.

JackHerer

Also, a good complimentary custom challenge to SWAT seems to be Medals Earned.

Head shots specifically. You can get a lot of credits if you set up a challenge for head shots and play exclusively swat for a few hours. I'm not a huge SWAT fan so I don't do it often. It's fun for a few games but not for long stretches IME.

Although I do think that SWAT is one of the only gametypes that is improved from past Halos in Reach. Dat hitscan DMR.

First, I'll link to the post that started this discussion, just to make sure everyone sees it.
Aside from the SCII thread I've participated in a grand total of one thread on GAF. I'm here for the Halo stuff, and I imagine there are people in similar situations. That kind of 'spheres of influence' cultivates isolation. If GAF wanted more inclusion, they should not have subscriptions. As it is you can ignore everyone else.

I made a post in the very same thread about subscriptions and how they deter me from posting much outside the niche communities I take part in. Obviously it hasn't gotten out of hand for HaloGAF, otherwise we wouldn't be here. We should, however, make sure we don't devolve into something like what Opiate described because people like myself have already shown the early signs of the worst of what he described.

Overdoziz

Banned
First, I'll link to the post that started this discussion, just to make sure everyone sees it.

I made a post in the very same thread about subscriptions and how they deter me from posting much outside the niche communities I take part in. Obviously it hasn't gotten out of hand for HaloGAF, otherwise we wouldn't be here. We should, however, make sure we don't devolve into something like what Opiate described because people like myself have already shown the early signs of the worst of what he described.

As long as HeckFu stays out of Gaming Side Halo threads we'll be fine.

Karl2177

If only someone could write an app with an API that would let you easily pull down and digest game data

That'd never happen for a Halo game though

I'm actually going through my Halo 2 games on B.net just to see if I recognize any opponents I've ever faced.

This should be a feature imo. "Games I've played against this person".

Someone actually had an application that screenscraped the stats from Halo 3. It stopped working once Bungie updated the site for Halo: Reach. I've been looking for something similar for a while, but no such programs exist anymore.

http://www.bbehr.net/H3Opp/

Waypoint's not even reliable enough to screenscrape it. And it's stupid that we have to.
I agree completely. That's two things we agree on now... World is ending.

Having the limited edition already pre-ordered feels so good man, I couldn't get my hands on Reach's legendary edition :/

I'm getting it for 61€

FyreWulff

Having the limited edition already pre-ordered feels so good man, I couldn't get my hands on Reach's legendary edition :/

I'm getting it for 61€

Goddamn. I was about to offer just to mail mine to you (since I'm going to Canada). Shipping from the US to Spain is absurd

edit: Rock Band Blitz's achievements are out. You're going to need at least 275 DLC songs or so to unlock all the achievements. So roughly 500$ of DLC. (ignoring exports)

I'm getting it for 61€

I'm not even sure if I'll get the limited edition. It's only 10 euros more expensive than the normal version but most of the stuff you get with it isn't that special. Most is multiplayer related and I don't even know if I will like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom