• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

ActivisionBlizzard doesn't mean much for Bungie. It's really just Vivendi trying to de-merge from ActivisionBlizzard.

Also, you know. 8 billion dollars.

Vivendi's stock is going down and they're just hoping against hope to 'cash in' on Activision for a short term reversal.

Risen

monsterfracas... check yo pms and emailz son.

I sent you a sample of what I was talking about with a sample schedule as well.

Anything exciting happen this week? I saw the Edge cover story and that was about it.
I saw a particle accelerator and a nuclear fusion reactor yesterday. Pretty exciting stuff. Oh you were talking about Halo. The bulletin posted some new details and screens about Longbow. There is even some information about the panels @ SDCC and RTX. FUD trailer at SDCC etc.

Ryaaan14

Banned
GG all.

Highlight of the night:

aL0lP.png

WOW.

Roger Water's The Wall Live was one of the most amazing shows I've been to. The visuals were so good.

If the show is coming near you go see it.
I said so, right? It was absolutely amazing when I saw it last year, one of the greatest shows I ever saw.

EDIT: So can you guys not hear me? Either my mic is not working or I'm mute banned :(

daedalius

Well I think the Halo 2 browser server just died.

Was playing on coag with instant respawn tanks... but damn that BR feels so gud.

Sniped a guy through the cockpit of the tank and sent the tank spinning into the air, was pretty cool.

Reach Sanc is crap compared to Halo 2 Sanc.

Well I think the Halo 2 browser server just died.

Was playing on coag with instant respawn tanks... but damn that BR feels so gud.

Sniped a guy through the cockpit of the tank and sent the tank spinning into the air, was pretty cool.

Nothing beats Halo 2 levels.

Anything exciting happen this week? I saw the Edge cover story and that was about it.

That's it. Pretty dry week. Some new screens of Longbow in the bulletin, but no MM update info. HaloGAF just waging subtle/not so subtle war against each other out of boredom.

Halo 4 Community Questions w/ Bravo + BesT MaN - Episode 2

Interesting tidbit I haven't heard that Haven and Adrift are the smaller maps for Halo 4.

Hmm, interesting. I didn't think either of those maps were small. Can't say I'm surprised with objective being designed for 5v5. If Adrift is one of the smaller maps, and the MLG gametypes were going to the time limit, why not just go 5v5 for slayer as well?

Asylum shouldn't even be called a remake of Sanctuary. It is wildly different, and every difference in Asylum is for the worse. It should be replaced by Refuge immediately.

daedalius

One good example of how aesthetics go a long way.

No, its definitely not that.

The sightlines and shit in Sanc are totally different, there is way more cover, etc; its much different than just aesthetics.

I wouldn't care about it just being aesthetics if Asylum was actually LIKE Sanc; in this case, its totally bleh in comparison.

Like... you can't see snipe-hut from the other snipe-hut, because the doors in center are offset. Also, PILLARS IN CENTER RING... where did they go in Asylum??

I'd prefer it if Sanctuary never came back. It's too small for modern Halo.

Anyone getting on? Won't be long before I have to move the 360 elsewhere.

Probably right since sprint will be standard in H4. It was madness to do it in Reach considering you have jetpacks and super-fast sprint to begin with; added to a massively more open map, blah.

FyreWulff

I know we've beat the dead horse here, but the Sanctuary with proper sight lines sections off the map more, not allowing you to shoot across the entire map from almost anywhere on the map. The way too large/open sight lines on Asylum don't force the Sniper to move up at all, and is even more problematic with the DMR's range.

I doubt we'll see Sanctuary beyond Reach, but 343 should at least put a good version in Reach.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Not just aesthetics. There are plenty of geometrical differences that have a large impact on the sightlines of the map and how the map plays.

No, its definitely not that.

The sightlines and shit in Sanc are totally different, there is way more cover, etc; its much different than just aesthetics.

I wouldn't care about it just being aesthetics if Asylum was actually LIKE Sanc; in this case, its totally bleh in comparison.

Like... you can't see snipe-hut from the other snipe-hut, because the doors in center are offset. Also, PILLARS IN CENTER RING... where did they go in Asylum??

I'll be honest, I don't play Halo 2 anymore, so I can see how you guys might be able to compare them better, but to me it was instantly recognizable. Hence how the aesthetics are the only thing keeping me from feeling like the original. It was one of my favorite maps too :_\

FyreWulff

I know we've beat the dead horse here, but the Sanctuary with proper sight lines sections off the map more, not allowing you to shoot across the entire map from almost anywhere on the map. The way too large/open sight lines on Asylum don't force the Sniper to move up at all, and is even more problematic with the DMR's range.

I doubt we'll see Sanctuary beyond Reach, but 343 should at least put a good version in Reach.

Even with the original sight lines restored, the map is just not big enough to properly spawn teams without putting them on the other side of the map and do so safely.

I'll just revert to my usual argument that spirtual successors that take the idea of the map and adapt it to the newest game >>>> remakes

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm actually going through my Halo 2 games on B.net just to see if I recognize any opponents I've ever faced.

This should be a feature imo. "Games I've played against this person".

I'm actually going through my Halo 2 games on B.net just to see if I recognize any opponents I've ever faced.

I've always wanted something like that. It would be really interesting to see which randoms I've played the most.

Ken

I played against Pistola in Double Team once in Halo 3.

Played against rS shook on3 or however you spell his name in Halo 2 Rumble Pit.

FyreWulff

If only someone could write an app with an API that would let you easily pull down and digest game data

That'd never happen for a Halo game though

L1NETT

Hello Gaf

Sorry for being the 90th Junior get validated here in the past day, but just wanted to introduce myself.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Just been activated. Lurked for about 6 months or so. Ever since the sarlac pit of the Waypoint forums drove me insane.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

I'm 17 and live in the UK.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Played all the halo's, although not as much CE as I should have.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?

Multiplayer.

What is your favorite playlist?

In Reach? Arena settings are enjoyable but about 8 other people play it. Other than that, MLG or TS.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)

GT is L1NETT (it is a combination of my real name if you must now). Male.

You are.
Hello Gaf

Sorry for being the 90th Junior get validated here in the past day, but just wanted to introduce myself.

Just been activated. Lurked for about 6 months or so. Ever since the sarlac pit of the Waypoint forums drove me insane.
Multiplayer.

In Reach? Arena settings are enjoyable but about 8 other people play it. Other than that, MLG or TS.

David Mitchell avatar. I approve.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Hello Gaf

Multiplayer.

90k Juniors > 100k Juniors :_)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Watching some Adventure Time...

It's alright. Not bad, but not particularly engaging. How do the early episodes compare to the rest?

Normally I'd be down for late night hunting sessions, but I've been sick this week, and therefore really tired. Who gets sick in the summer* though?

*Summer lol, I'm listening to the rain right now.

Several people where I work just got over the flu. It does seem strange though since we're in the middle of summer.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Got a splinter under my finger nail a few minutes ago. It's stuck in really deep. Don't know what to do, I have no tweezers :(

It's like, really in there. I don't know what would happen if I took it to a doctor in the morning. It goes all the way to the end of the fingernail, would I lose the entire nail for awhile? This sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom