• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No. You need 3100 readiness which you can get with no multiplayer at all

Really? I've seen a few people that have finished it, done most of, if not all the side quests, and they still had to do multiplayer to get the best ending.
I may be mistaken though.

You don't like the franchise? I found the first 2 pretty good, but I just can't make myself like 3. I don't even know why.

Gui_PT

Really? I've seen a few people that have finished it, done most of, if not all the side quests, and they still had to do multiplayer to get the best ending.
I may be mistaken though.

You don't like the franchise? I found the first 2 pretty good, but I just can't make myself like 3. I don't even know why.

They changed it recently. Lowered the required value to get the "best" ending

i really hope that kill times are decreased in the final version of the game. just watched the best man and bravo Q&A and they said the kill times were similar or the same.

:(

Overdoziz

Banned
i really hope that kill times are increased in the final version of the game. just watched the best man and bravo Q&A and they said the kill times were similar or the same.

:(
I'm amusing they're saying it's about the same kill time as in Reach MLG with zero bloom. That's fine.

I'm curious why the BR has a kill-time that's ~.4 seconds slower than the DMR and Carbine. In the videos you still see the pros using the BR a lot but I think that's mainly to check out if it's any good. I guess the BR is easier to use up close because it shoots a 3-shot burst but I imagine good players will start using the DMR and Carbine a lot more than the BR as time goes on.

Edit: Oh wait, you want the kill-times increased? wat

Why would you want longer kill times?

I'm amusing they're saying it's about the same kill time as in Reach MLG with zero bloom. That's fine.

I'm curious why the BR has a kill-time that's ~.4 seconds slower than the DMR and Carbine. In the videos you still see the pros using the BR a lot but I think that's mainly to check out if it's any good. I guess the BR is easier to use up close because it shoots a 3-shot burst but I imagine good players will start using the DMR and Carbine a lot more than the BR as time goes on.

Edit: Oh wait, you want the kill-times increased? wat

i meant decreased, just me not re-reading what i type. will edit my post. as many do, i prefer ce/h2's kill times.

Trey

Perhaps only Retro will have the relevant cross-knowledge required to find this significant, but I just came across news (looks a couple days old) that Arenanet's (Guild Wars) concept art lead Kekai Kotaki left Anet to join Bungie. He's a pretty good artist.

If nothing else, we know Destiny will look fucking amazing.

JonCha

Perhaps only Retro will have the relevant cross-knowledge required to find this significant, but I just came across news (looks a couple days old) that Arenanet's (Guild Wars) concept art lead Kekai Kotaki left Anet to join Bungie. He's a pretty good artist.

If nothing else, we know Destiny will look fucking amazing.

The great thing about Guild Wars 2's concept art is it looks like that in-game.

This is a good representation of about the starting length I usually go with and end of a 3 month period of growth. After 3 months, I trim it down and start again. It's also interactive! Cover up each half of my face to see either a) ProfessionalFu or b) HomelessFu

03WfV.jpg

That is an amazing half beard.

So, the 12th of July is 117 days from the launch of Halo 4. It's also the first day of ComicCon.

I'm expecting big things.

Ohhhh I hope they realize this fact and make it special.

Shadders

On the subject of Live subs vs. free PSN that chart says:

"ALTHOUGH THE SUBSCRIPTION FEES FOR LIVE HELP PAY FOR BETTER SERVERS"..

I find this interesting as almost all of Microsoft's games are p2p (GoW3 being the only exception?), conversely all of Sony's first party titles have dedicated servers. You could argue the fees pay for better functionality, but I think saying you get better servers is disingenuous.

Y u spread false hope to the people?

My main complaint watching lately is the base movement speed. Needs moar speed. Faster kill times would be welcome as well.

It's actually quite baffling that we're not shedding the five shot shit from Reach. I mean they've got a plethora of precision weapons now and they couldn't find room in their heart (or sandbox) to make just one of them a four shot? Bad form.

So, since we are (disappointingly) only getting 2 new vehicles in Halo 4 I wonder if this 'Mammoth' counts as something new or something returning (Elephant):

s26P4.jpg

Im hoping its technically a returning vehicle, it really reminds me of the Elephant, just cooler looking.

Trey

It's actually quite baffling that we're not shedding the five shot shit from Reach. I mean they've got a plethora of precision weapons now and they couldn't find room in their heart (or sandbox) to make just one of them a four shot? Bad form.

I'd be cool with a five shot as long as its peak kill time was that of a traditional four shot Halo weapon. I recall someone breaking down the frames from the MLG footage coming to the conclusion that it was about the same as the H3BR.

I may be misremembering.

B wzy

Neo Member

Heres to hope. Although, after watching the MLG interviews and videos, it already seems like an improvement over Reach's core gameplay.

I'd be cool with a five shot as long as its peak kill time was that of a traditional four shot Halo weapon. I recall someone breaking down the frames from the MLG footage coming to the conclusion that it was about the same as the H3BR.

I may be misremembering.

in the video I watched best man said the kill time was longer than the DMR or carbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom