• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey everybody. I want to start by saying thanks to GAF for validation. I lurk here way too much but luckily this can be a very entertaining thread (gifs, ellis shops etc) so thanks to everyone who made it so. I almost feel guilty about getting approved in the midst of this junior influx... almost. Anyway, its great to be here. Also, I love Halo.

Don't feel guilty. But it does suck because you're one of seemingly millions in the past week. How will we tell you apart? Have an outrageous Halo opinion?

L1NETT

Don't feel guilty. But it does suck because you're one of seemingly millions in the past week. How will we tell you apart? Have an outrageous Halo opinion?

Is that to get noticed?

Right you are. Spire is an instant classic.

In all seriousness, sorry for getting under people's skin due to the influx of Juniors. Hope I am not being too much of a bother :)

The justification for the longer minimum kill time for he BR may be that it's easier to use than the other weapons. It's average kill time may be similar to the DMR and Carbine, and much closer to it's minimum kill time than the DMR and Carbine.

I don't understand why they aren't all 3 perfect kills per clip though.

heckfu

Banned
Ugh, one of my best friends IRL got approved this week but is holding off until the dust settles haha.

But if he posts, make him feel welcome since he's terrified of the vultures in here. Also, he's way cooler than me and will probably make fun of me as much as yall do.

Tashi

Is that to get noticed?

Right you are. Spire is an instant classic.

In all seriousness, sorry for getting under people's skin due to the influx of Juniors. Hope I am not being too much of a bother :)

I'm looking through youuuuuuuu, where did you gooooo???

Heckfu, your friend will be welcomed. My teammate decided to register just to spite me, tease me and try to get on HaloGAF Radio. Let's hope he doesn't get approved for a while.

Fuchsdh

Well I'm going to be without power for the forseeable future... I guess the downside of living in a nice neighborhood is the trees are ready to call it quits when the wind picks up.

Vire

Not necessarily. Some are "easier" to land shots with, ergo they take longer to kill with.

The differences in the weapons should be their effectiveness at certain ranges rather than kill time.

DMR - Long to Medium, Bad at close range

BR - Medium to Short, Bad at long range

Carbine - All around death cannon. Halo 3 Beta Carbine please.

Problem solved.

KraZidave

Neo Member

Unfortunately my opinions on Halo are (for the most part) boringly positive. I do enjoy your podcast, though that's hardly an outrageous opinion. ;-D

CyReN

I just hope there is a individual weapon damage in the options (BR - 3/4/5 | DMR 3/4/5 shots to kills etc) so we can do that instead of it impacting the whole game like past Halo titles with overall damage. One can dream..

The differences in the weapons should be their effectiveness at certain ranges rather than kill time.

Problem solved.

How would you make the DMR bad at close range? The BR has spread and recoil so it sucks at long range, but having a single shot no recoil weapon works in just about every scenario.

Ugh, one of my best friends IRL got approved this week but is holding off until the dust settles haha.

But if he posts, make him feel welcome since he's terrified of the vultures in here. Also, he's way cooler than me and will probably make fun of me as much as yall do.

Will destroy him confirmed.

Side note: they finally fixed the spawns on Pirsoner so you don't only spawn in one corner of the map now.

Tashi

I just hope there is a individual weapon damage in the options (BR - 3/4/5 | DMR 3/4/5 shots to kills etc) so we can do that instead of it impacting the whole game like past Halo titles with overall damage. One can dream..

I hope there aren't. I want stock Halo to be great for a change. I'm kinda getting tired of all these different settings in different playlists.

Vire

How would you make the DMR bad at close range? The BR has spread and recoil so it sucks at long range, but having a single shot no recoil weapon works in just about every scenario.

The same way you make a Sniper ineffective at close range.

Small reticule, small field of view of playing field. (Sniper takes up most of the screen)

Karl2177

I have a friend that got approved one wave back an still lurks. Then again, he mostly plays SC2 and LoL anymore.

I hope there aren't. I want stock Halo to be great for a change. I'm kinda getting tired of all these different settings in different playlists.

Agreed. I don't like when people always reply wih stuff like if we can change he settings in customs than it's all okay. Most of us want to be able to enjoy the game on it's default settings and not have to have different settings in every playlist or turn to community gametypes to enjoy the game.

Problem solved.

did they also change the sound of the beta carbine. I remember it sounding more powerful in the beta too.

Vire

Will RTX have the latest build? Maybe we can get some GAF'ers to do some frame analysis on weapon balance there. :p

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Will RTX have the latest build? Maybe we can get some GAF'ers to do some frame analysis on weapon balance there. :p

I'm not 100% sure, but I assume it will be the E3 build. At this point in the project, going through the process of creating an all show build less than a month after E3 would not be the best use of our finite resources.

Just got to the womb in Binding of Isaac for the first time. Then I lost.

No game can fill me with rage like that one.

Anyway, we should get a party of 8 going tonight for some tournament customs.

Gui_PT

For you? Probably about 8 shots.

in3ttKMVKoaPt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom